Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Guys

I have been using PowerDirector 15 and then 16 for some time now with no problems at all. However recently I have encountered a reaaly frustrating problem. The preview screen is laggy, and when you sometimes need to add voice to the video, this problem makes it virtually impossible.

My Specs are

I7 8700k
64GB Ram
Asus 1080ti

At first I tried unticking the unused tracks and lowering the resolution to the preview window, but this does not help. I figured maybe it was a problem with my hard drive so I complelty unistalled Cyberlink and reinstalled on another hard drive. This did not work either. So I tried uninstalling Powerdirector 16 and installed 15 insread. Worked okay for about 15 minutes then the exact same problems occur.

Apart from lobbing my computer through the front window, can anyone suggest what the problem could be? or better still how to fix it please?

Many thanks
Quote I prepared a simple three clip short movie shot in the h.265 format with my Samsung NX-1 DSLR at 30p. I had a few cross fades and transitions and an opening title. When I export the movie using HEVC, I get audio but no video (just black). I can export the movie fine (with video and audio) using the XAVC S format (basically h.264). I cannot find what I am doing wrong or is this a bug in PD16 that it cannot export in the HEVC format?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Tom

I had this problem recently, just out of curiosity, have you tried playing back the video file in another player other than the standard player. For example windows media player. I had exactly the same problem with getting a black screen and audio, however when I tried playing the video back in a non default player the video played just fine
Quote Hi, Yes I did, but as previously mentioned I didn't really know what I was doing with it.

I am not as panicked as before as I know the Videos that are rendered with H.265 actually work when uploaded to youtube. I can also get them to play back when using the media player included with that K-lite codec pack and has I have just this second discovered windows media player. I think it's to do with whatever the defualt player is on Windows when you right click and play the videos'. I guess the easies thing to do is to change the default player

Once you have pressed the finish button on the K-lite installation you dont have to do anything. The codecs are installed and will be used automatically.

I am a bit confused though -you say your videos play on media players and Youtube. When are you getting the black screen?

A good media player to download and use would be the VLC media player https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Robert

Normally I doule click on the finished video file and it would play as normal. When I do that now I just get the black screen with audio. I don't know what the defualt player is on Windows, it comes up as films and tv, but I have now opened with Windows Media Player and the player that came with the K-lite and the videos appear to be fine.

It seems strange I know, I used to be able just to click on the video and it would play normally
Hi, Yes I did, but as previously mentioned I didn't really know what I was doing with it.

I am not as panicked as before as I know the Videos that are rendered with H.265 actually work when uploaded to youtube. I can also get them to play back when using the media player included with that K-lite codec pack and has I have just this second discovered windows media player. I think it's to do with whatever the defualt player is on Windows when you right click and play the videos'. I guess the easies thing to do is to change the default player
Quote ... have downloaded the l K-Lite Codec Pack as you suggested, though I am not sure what to do with it ...

you have cpu that can encode and decode HEVC H.265. when you play all you see is black is due to missing codec. well, if you don't know what to do with it then you'll be just keep getting BLACK SCREEN!!! aren't you???

' UPDATE the driver(gpu) that works. also INSTALL K-Lite Codec Pack . and or DISABLE all HA and USE CPU ONLY rendering... ' try again in that order!

if this doesn't work then you need to open a CL support ticket.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I have already opened a ticket. Thanks for the help but your sarcastic and unfriendly manner does not help. As stated I am new to all this. I will leave this to the support to handle.

Thanks for your time

Hi Rob
Take no notice. Sometimes the written word comes across as unfriendly.

did you try disabling Hardware Acceleration? Also tell us what format you are editing with. Is MP4 or mov, maybe. Let us know.

Robert

I have indeed tried disabling Hardware Acceleration but problem still exists. I am using mp4. I have tried a few resolutions too but unsuccessful.

Thanks
Quote ... have downloaded the l K-Lite Codec Pack as you suggested, though I am not sure what to do with it ...

you have cpu that can encode and decode HEVC H.265. when you play all you see is black is due to missing codec. well, if you don't know what to do with it then you'll be just keep getting BLACK SCREEN!!! aren't you???

' UPDATE the driver(gpu) that works. also INSTALL K-Lite Codec Pack . and or DISABLE all HA and USE CPU ONLY rendering... ' try again in that order!

if this doesn't work then you need to open a CL support ticket.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I have already opened a ticket. Thanks for the help but your sarcastic and unfriendly manner does not help. As stated I am new to all this. I will leave this to the support to handle.

Thanks for your time
Quote according to JL_JL or Tomasc, it's your GPU. update the driver that works. also install K-Lite Codec Pack . and or disable all HA and use CPU only rendering...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks for replying

I am a bit of a newbie at all this. I have downloaded the l K-Lite Codec Pack as you suggested, though I am not sure what to do with it. My graphics card is a good one so I am suprised I cannot use it. I have opened a support ticket in the hope of some detailed help. But I realised today that if I upload these black screen videos to YouTube they work exactly how they should and in fantastic quality

Hi Rob

Would this be a trial version? If so, H265 is not supported

Robert

Hi, no trial version, I paid for the PowerDirector15 then paid for the PowerDirector 16 update while it was on sale. I have tried with both versions on new pc and still same problem
Quote according to JL_JL or Tomasc, it's your GPU. update the driver that works. also install K-Lite Codec Pack . and or disable all HA and use CPU only rendering...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

Thanks for replying

I am a bit of a newbie at all this. I have downloaded the l K-Lite Codec Pack as you suggested, though I am not sure what to do with it. My graphics card is a good one so I am suprised I cannot use it. I have opened a support ticket in the hope of some detailed help. But I realised today that if I upload these black screen videos to YouTube they work exactly how they should and in fantastic quality
Hi Guys,

Ive recently upgraded to a much better PC however I am having problems getting cyberlink to render videos using H.265 HEVC. When completed all I see is a black screen but can hear the audio no problem. I have tried with unticking fast video rendering but still same problems. I can render videos using H.264 AVC no problems.

I have tried uninstalling cyberlink, I have tired using Cyberlink 15 & 16 but still the same problems.

If it helps my specs are

i7-7700k
32GB Ram
1080TI GPU

I had no problems on my old PC so this I find frustrating. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Quote Did your pc recently crashed while producing with PD15? If it did, then there is more than one solution. If it happened out of the blue, then see this post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/49869.page . Either a system restore to the day before this happened or re-installing the driver fixed it for this user.

Your a genius!! This did indeed solve my problem. Thank you sir!!
Hi Guys,

I have been using powerdirector for a while now, i know most of the basics and thats all i need but I have recently encountered a problem. I like to Produce my video 3840 x 2160 and I use the fast video rendering technolgy as it halves the time it takes to produce my videos. However as of yesterday I noticed that It no longer gives me the option to do it this way, I cant tick the box that lets me fast render it. I can switch it to any other resolution and it will work fine, just not for 3840 x 2160. Would anyone know why this is? I have even tried removing and downloading program again and still the problem persists,
Go to: