Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with Preview
Rob1980 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2017 05:46 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys

I have been using PowerDirector 15 and then 16 for some time now with no problems at all. However recently I have encountered a reaaly frustrating problem. The preview screen is laggy, and when you sometimes need to add voice to the video, this problem makes it virtually impossible.

My Specs are

I7 8700k
64GB Ram
Asus 1080ti

At first I tried unticking the unused tracks and lowering the resolution to the preview window, but this does not help. I figured maybe it was a problem with my hard drive so I complelty unistalled Cyberlink and reinstalled on another hard drive. This did not work either. So I tried uninstalling Powerdirector 16 and installed 15 insread. Worked okay for about 15 minutes then the exact same problems occur.

Apart from lobbing my computer through the front window, can anyone suggest what the problem could be? or better still how to fix it please?

Many thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2018 16:10

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Guys

I have been using PowerDirector 15 and then 16 for some time now with no problems at all. However recently I have encountered a reaaly frustrating problem. The preview screen is laggy, and when you sometimes need to add voice to the video, this problem makes it virtually impossible.

My Specs are

I7 8700k
64GB Ram
Asus 1080ti

At first I tried unticking the unused tracks and lowering the resolution to the preview window, but this does not help. I figured maybe it was a problem with my hard drive so I complelty unistalled Cyberlink and reinstalled on another hard drive. This did not work either. So I tried uninstalling Powerdirector 16 and installed 15 insread. Worked okay for about 15 minutes then the exact same problems occur.

Apart from lobbing my computer through the front window, can anyone suggest what the problem could be? or better still how to fix it please?

Many thanks

1 - If you are editing on fullHD videos, try to activate shadow files, wait for the conversion process to finish to start editing.
2 - Checks whether (HA) is activated, deactivates or activates. There are reports that some update of video card drives, has problems with PD. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365