Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing To HEVC Results in Audio But No Video With PD16
tnw2933 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United States Joined: Oct 15, 2011 17:11 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I prepared a simple three clip short movie shot in the h.265 format with my Samsung NX-1 DSLR at 30p. I had a few cross fades and transitions and an opening title. When I export the movie using HEVC, I get audio but no video (just black). I can export the movie fine (with video and audio) using the XAVC S format (basically h.264). I cannot find what I am doing wrong or is this a bug in PD16 that it cannot export in the HEVC format?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Tom Mac Pro 8-Core 2.8 GHz
Windows 7 64-bit with Boot Camp
nVidia GTX285
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

No, it is a symptom that you don't have software that supports the H.265 codec most likely. It is a newer codec. What playback software are you using?

David
tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

No, it is a symptom that you don't have software that supports the H.265 codec most likely. It is a newer codec. What playback software are you using?

David

David,

i am using Wondows 10 Home with all the latest updates installed. I have routine played HEVC files with this software.

nVidia GTX285
Rob1980 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2017 05:46 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I prepared a simple three clip short movie shot in the h.265 format with my Samsung NX-1 DSLR at 30p. I had a few cross fades and transitions and an opening title. When I export the movie using HEVC, I get audio but no video (just black). I can export the movie fine (with video and audio) using the XAVC S format (basically h.264). I cannot find what I am doing wrong or is this a bug in PD16 that it cannot export in the HEVC format?

Tom

I had this problem recently, just out of curiosity, have you tried playing back the video file in another player other than the standard player. For example windows media player. I had exactly the same problem with getting a black screen and audio, however when I tried playing the video back in a non default player the video played just fine
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I prepared a simple three clip short movie shot in the h.265 format with my Samsung NX-1 DSLR at 30p. I had a few cross fades and transitions and an opening title. When I export the movie using HEVC, I get audio but no video (just black). I can export the movie fine (with video and audio) using the XAVC S format (basically h.264). I cannot find what I am doing wrong or is this a bug in PD16 that it cannot export in the HEVC format?

Tom

I had this problem recently, just out of curiosity, have you tried playing back the video file in another player other than the standard player. For example windows media player. I had exactly the same problem with getting a black screen and audio, however when I tried playing the video back in a non default player the video played just fine

Hi

Is this a full version of PD16 or a trial version? The trial version doesn't support H.265.

Make sure you have the latest patch https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

You can also try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Preferences Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Tom

Hi

Is this a full version of PD16 or a trial version? The trial version doesn't support H.265.

Make sure you have the latest patch https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

You can also try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Preferences

Thanks for responding! I downloaded and installed VLC player and didt immediately played the HEVC exported project without any issues. I then searched HEVC for Windows and found that Microsoft had removed HEVC from the latest Windows update, but Microsoft offeres the HEVC codec for free in the Microsoft Store. I immediatley downloaded and installed dit and now all of the player apps in my Windows 10 play the h.265 exported project fine with video and sound.

Yes, this was a purchased (not trial) version of PD16 Ultimate, and it is completley up to date with all available updates. I had previously tried enabling and disabling hardware encode, but that made no difference.

Thank you for helping me resolve this issue.

nVidia GTX285
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Tom

Hi

You can also try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Preferences

Thanks for responding! I downloaded and installed VLC player and didt immediately played the HEVC exported project without any issues. I then searched HEVC for Windows and found that Microsoft had removed HEVC from the latest Windows update, but Microsoft offeres the HEVC codec for free in the Microsoft Store. I immediatley downloaded and installed dit and now all of the player apps in my Windows 10 play the h.265 exported project fine with video and sound.

Yes, this was a purchased (not trial) version of PD16 Ultimate, and it is completley up to date with all available updates. I had previously tried enabling and disabling hardware encode, but that made no difference.

Thank you for helping me resolve this issue.

Tom

Hi Tom

Are you sure that VLC player played H265??? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I prepared a simple three clip short movie shot in the h.265 format with my Samsung NX-1 DSLR at 30p. I had a few cross fades and transitions and an opening title. When I export the movie using HEVC, I get audio but no video (just black). I can export the movie fine (with video and audio) using the XAVC S format (basically h.264). I cannot find what I am doing wrong or is this a bug in PD16 that it cannot export in the HEVC format? Thanks in advance for responding. Tom
Hi Is this a full version of PD16 or a trial version? The trial version doesn't support H.265. Make sure you have the latest patch https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html You can also try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Preferences
Thanks for responding! I downloaded and installed VLC player and didt immediately played the HEVC exported project without any issues. I then searched HEVC for Windows and found that Microsoft had removed HEVC from the latest Windows update, but Microsoft offeres the HEVC codec for free in the Microsoft Store. I immediatley downloaded and installed dit and now all of the player apps in my Windows 10 play the h.265 exported project fine with video and sound. Yes, this was a purchased (not trial) version of PD16 Ultimate, and it is completley up to date with all available updates. I had previously tried enabling and disabling hardware encode, but that made no difference. Thank you for helping me resolve this issue. Tom
Hi Tom Are you sure that VLC player played H265???
Yes, I am absolutely certan that VLC Player played this h.265 exported PD 16 perfectly with video and audio and in full screen mode. I double checked before posting this to be certain. Tom Mac Pro 8-Core 2.8 GHz
nVidia GTX285
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I prepared a simple three clip short movie shot in the h.265 format with my Samsung NX-1 DSLR at 30p. I had a few cross fades and transitions and an opening title. When I export the movie using HEVC, I get audio but no video (just black). I can export the movie fine (with video and audio) using the XAVC S format (basically h.264). I cannot find what I am doing wrong or is this a bug in PD16 that it cannot export in the HEVC format? Thanks in advance for responding. Tom
Hi Is this a full version of PD16 or a trial version? The trial version doesn't support H.265. Make sure you have the latest patch https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html You can also try disabling Hardware Acceleration in Preferences
Thanks for responding! I downloaded and installed VLC player and didt immediately played the HEVC exported project without any issues. I then searched HEVC for Windows and found that Microsoft had removed HEVC from the latest Windows update, but Microsoft offeres the HEVC codec for free in the Microsoft Store. I immediatley downloaded and installed dit and now all of the player apps in my Windows 10 play the h.265 exported project fine with video and sound. Yes, this was a purchased (not trial) version of PD16 Ultimate, and it is completley up to date with all available updates. I had previously tried enabling and disabling hardware encode, but that made no difference. Thank you for helping me resolve this issue. Tom
Yes, I am absolutely certan that VLC Player played this h.265 exported PD 16 perfectly with video and audio and in full screen mode. I double checked before posting this to be certain. Tom
I understand now. It's 4K H265 that it will not play. Sorry for the confusion Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I am absolutely certan that VLC Player played this h.265 exported PD 16 perfectly with video and audio and in full screen mode. I double checked before posting this to be certain. Tom
I understand now. It's 4K H265 that it will not play. Sorry for the confusion
My exported h.265 PD16 project was 4K, was produced as HEVC, and was played back perfectly in VLC which I had just downloaded and installed. Tom Mac Pro 8-Core 2.8 GHz
nVidia GTX285
The Shadowman
[Post New]
I understand now. It's 4K H265 that it will not play. Sorry for the confusion
My exported h.265 PD16 project was 4K, was produced as HEVC, and was played back perfectly in VLC which I had just downloaded and installed. Tom
Hi Tom That's very interesting it wouldn't play mine. See this thread, in particular the post from Tony (ynotfish) https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/65056.page#296494 Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,