Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, the HDCP handshake sometimes fails and you need to re-establish it. Please read my comments in this thread: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64121.page to learn how to do it and also how to make the UHD playback work without entering BIOS or removing the cables.
WTF are you talking about? I am answering to Pezzy, not to you.
Hello Pez! Are you in trouble again? You installed the HDMI update tool already and you do not need to install it again.

What you probably need is to go few steps back. Disconnect my virtual dual-monitor setup (if you are still using it), return to the simple iGPU - HDMI - monitor chain. Renew HDCP handshake by removing the cable on both ends and try to do this while the monitor and PC are ON and again when these are OFF.

As I said to you before, this UHD BD thing never works correctly, I am loosing HDCP or SGX occasionally myself. But the worst thing I need to do is to restart the PC (sometimes more than once in a row). Other than that my UHD BD playback works fine with Aorus Gaming 8 and Aorus Gaming 9 for 12 months.

P.S.: If you are using PowerDVD packed with the Pioneer drive, do not forget it is a free software based on 4 years old PowerDVD 14. PowerDVD 17 is a better choice by my opinion.
[quotePostId=297832] Hello sir: Wellcome to the jungle. I have the same problem, with almost the same motherboard (mine is gaming 8). I tryed everythik posible with this issue. Piece of crap software. [/quotePostId]

Yes, you did. You tryed everythik. You should probably give up and buy a standalone 4k player.
I can play uhd downloaded from internet but not original uhd disks.The error is E8800708.I have the system all upgraded and the advisor report all green...I make also a reset of motherboard and make clean installation of windows 10 pro and power dvd...

Are my questions difficult to answer?
Did you even bother to read this thread before asking???
Please read this thread, I am too lazy to repeat everything again for you:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64121.page

CyberLink gave you The Advisor, now it is up to you to meet the requirements. So do not ask what is wrong with PDVD because the answer is nothing. Ask what is wrong with your mobo, BIOS, Intel SGX, Intel ME, HDMI, HDCP etc.
Another problem may be in you, because if you wrote "I tried everything", it is obvious you did not. Building a PC is not a job for everyone.
Well, the answer is - your PC actually is crap.
Do not blame PDVD. From what you wrote, there is something wrong on HW level. It may be dying (or at least corrupted) GPU, but there are lots of other possibilities. I assume your VGA driver is updated. What you should try first is to borrow another GPU from a friend and put it in your PC. This may help to determine what to do next.

PowerDVD plays any discs and disc menus flawlessly on my CRT, FullHD, and 4k monitors and 10 graphics cards for more than 10 years.
Are all the lines in the UHD Advisor report in green?
This is strange, you seem to have everything you need. The monitor is OK, although it is barely a HDR monitor with only 350 cd/m2. Not recommended value.

I do not know what this error message means. But you may try to:
Update Intel ME
Update Intel VGA driver
Install Gigabyte HDMI utility

Is SGX in BIOS set to Enabled, not Software controlled?
Did you ever play any UHD disc or not?
Did the online initiation took place? (If not, are you connected?)
Does PowerDVD do something before the error message? Does it load the disc at least?
Is your HDMI cable 2.0 certified?
Is PowerDVD the last thing installed?
UHD Blu-ray discs or 4k ripped files? There is a big difference.
No. You must use the integrated graphics inside Kaby Lake / Coffee Lake CPUs:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144
Aorus Gaming 9 is definitely able to play UHD discs. What are the other components in your PC? What do you mean by The Advisor is OK?
Congratulations. Just be ready to encounter more bugs in the future. All this UHD thing is very complicated and it does not work well yet - SGX keeps switching off after some time, HDCP handshake keeps dropping for unknown reason. My advice is to keep the Advisor icon on desktop and always use it before you try to play an UHD disc. When anything is wrong, restart the PC right away because you can't repair neither SGX or HDCP once the Advisor check fails.
The ASUS board does not support HDR over HDMI as it does not have HDMI 2.0. If you insist on HDR, you must replace the mobo.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19860
There is another ASUS with HDMI 1.4 - no HDR.
Which UHD BDs you tested?
Something in the chain is wrong. Either the TV or the motherboard. What is the name of your TV and the name of the motherboard? When you connect the graphics card and the TV, everything works fine, right? Are you using the same HDMI cable to connect the TV and the motherboard then?
You are welcome.
Try to uninstall PDVD 17 without keeping your personal settings and install it again. Maybe this can help.
Which national edition is it? Both my UK discs (4k and standard blu-ray from the whiskey glass set) play fine.
Yes.
Haben Sie UHD BD Disks ohne Kopierschutz?
Go to: