Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pioneer BDR-211UBK
Pezzy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2015 11:26 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
bear_in_mind & triffid: thanks for all your input thus far.

And just to let you know: in all this time I've been posting messages here in this thread/ forum, I've also been submitting Support Tickets to Cyberlink Tech Support. I don't mean back on November 4, 2017 when I originally started this thread; I mean more recently, when it was getting closer to Christmas.

And.....I have to say.....they're not always so forthcoming with their responses. On my initial contact/ submission of a Support Ticket, it took 10 (ten) day before I received a reply. And even then, it was like a "form letter" of a reply, as if it were a standard, generic response, a "Copy/ Paste" of some form they keep handy. I'm pretty sure that just about any company that offers tech support get all kinds of submissions from customers, and these customers have varying degrees of technical know-how. Me? Yes, I know how to word a support ticket, I give explicit detail and don't gloss over things, don't speak in generalities.

As my Support Ticket with them started to go back-and-forth, some of the replies started to get a little better; not a whole lot better, but somewhat better. It's almost like they don't know their own product inside & out and can't support it properly; coming here to these message forums sometimes garners me more informative answers than the support tickets.

OK, so here's where I am at:

I didn't really want to do this, but another thing I tried was to completely remove my EVGA Nvidia graphics card from my system: Yes, disconnected its 8-pin power connector, removed the Display Port cable, then removed the card from its PCI-e slot. This way, ONLY the on-board Intel HD graphics were there. Tried the 4K disc of Star Trek (2009) again.....and it failed; same error message as before (as in that pic from my previous post).

NOTE: In my most recent update with my Support Ticket with Cyberlink, I included a screenshot picture of that error message/ error number, so, if they truly know their software programs' product's specs, that error number should be able to tell them something....and then maybe they'll be able to tell ME something.

And bear_in_mnd: I ended up going to Bestbuy and got a Rocketfish HDMI cable; yes, they're way too expensive. But, it appears like a rock-solid, superduper HDMI cable, but guess what? I tried it aaaaannnnnddddd.....still won't play the 4K disc; same error message.

triffid: I did as you suggested and went back to the 21.20.16.4664 drivers; it didn't work.
I also took your other suggestion and went and downloaded/ installed the HDMI 2.0 FW update for my Aorus motherboard; it didn't work. I even did system reboots after all of these things, just to make sure.

Know what I even tried, just in-case there was a glitch on the original install? I un-installed then re-installed the Cyberlink Media Suite 10 software that came with the Pioneer drive; that didn't do the trick, either.

The last thing I've done (or, should I say, is "in the process") is to contact LG Tech Support regarding my monitor. I submitted a support ticket with them asking if my model of monitor is compliant with HDCP 2.2

It seems like the only thing that's holding me back is completing the "handshake" with HDCP 2.2 (according to the CyberLink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor). I'm pretty sure it's not on the GPU end (Intel HD graphics), and it's not the HDMI cable itself (I've tried three HDMI cables at this point, with the most recent one being the superduper Rocketfish HDMI cable), so I can only think that it's on the receiving end of the monitor itself.

When I hear back from LG Tech Support, I'll post back and let you know.

This shouldn't be this hard.....uggghhh.
Pez
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Well, there is nothing much to try... You did not answer my question. Does the initiation start again every time?

Removing the graphics card was not necessary. However I must admit I did it too in the beginning to eliminate any interference.

The new cable did not help, as I expected. So this part of the chain is safe.

Did you reinstall Media Suite and BD Advisor after the HDMI FW update or before? That little file updates MegaChips level switch chip, the most important part of the chain. It should be definitely updated first.

Did you install the LG driver? What if this driver helps my computer ro recognize which version of HDMI the monitor supports? It is probably not the case, but LG issued it for some reason, right?

Any chance to test your PC with an UHD TV as I suggested? .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
triffid: Sorry about that, I did not catch that question on my first read-through of your last two posts.

"You did not answer my question. Does the initiation start again every time?" Yes: no matter how many different possible fixes I've tried to get the 4K disc to play, that "Initiating components...." screen appears each and every time I press the Play button. In the picture that I included in one of my previous posts, the blue-colored progress bar goes to the right, but then a new template pops up on top of it, that other pic I included of the Error Code number "0xe8800713L (-394262765)".

"Did you reinstall Media Suite and BD Advisor after the HDMI FW update or before?" You know, I've tried so many things, it's starting to get a little fuzzy tongue-out However, I am pretty sure I re-installed the Media Suite & BD Advisor after the update.

So you removed your graphics card at first, too? wink And the HDMI cable part of the chain is safe? May have been a waste of money getting this Rocketfish cable, eh? My previous cable was most likely just fine....

And oh yes, I did go and install the LG monitor driver; didn't help.

And no, there's no chance for me to test my PC with another UHD monitor; I don't know anyone who has one, just 1080p TV sets.

Oh, hey: I had just noticed that in one of your previous posts that you edited it: "edit: there is a new tread about this issue, maybe the initiating actually does not work???"

Are you referring to this post? - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64664.page

It looks like that person included a link in their post, too, of a screenshot picture, just like mine (the "Initiating components...." with the blue-colored progress bar); I wonder if they, too, get that pop-up Error Number after that like I do.

And then someone else named CarlPowerDVDUser chimed in on that thread this same day of Monday, 1/1/2018; same thing with "play of 4k disk dies at 98% of...dialog 'Initiating components for Ultra HD Blu-ray'".

Hmmmmm......maybe something is going on here with Cyberlink??? In your reply to that post, you mentioned that this issue had come up a few months ago. When it does this "Initiating components" thing, is the software program contacting Cyberlink via the Internet? Like a "verification" process? Because part of that pop-up message also says "The initiation is only required once." I guess if the initiation process was successful, then it would not pop up again and 4K disc playback would commence?
Pez
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, some additional information to report.

And with a certain something, I thought it was GOOD NEWS......but then nothing really came of it frown

I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I contacted LG Tech Support (for my monitor), and that I would post back here after I heard back from them; they wrote back.

I was inquiring as to whether or not the specific model of monitor I have from them is HDCP 2.2 compliant; yes, it is. They even gave me a web link to a specification sheet:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/products/documents/27UD58-B_Spec_Sheet_20170921.pdf

If you look near the top left-hand corner of the page, you can see the HDCP 2.2 listing.

And then, I've mentioned that along with posting here on this forum, I also have been contacting Cyberlink Tech Support.

Ugghhh.

OK.....you know how sometimes you can ask someone a specific, direct question, and the answer that they give you has nothing to do with what you just asked?

As an example: Let's say you notice someone is wearing a wristwatch, and you ask them, What time is it right now? And they turn to you and say, The temperature is in the low 40's degrees Fahrenheit, quite chilly.

Oooookkaaaayyyy. Yes, it might be quite chilly, or downright cold, but that has nothing to do with what I just asked you.

I mentioned to their Tech Support that when attempting to launch a 4K disc by pressing Play, that it doesn't get past the "Initiating components..." screen, and that another pop-up message over top of this gives an Error Code message: 0xe8800713L (-394262765)

I asked them to explain the lack of completion of "Initiating...", and to explain the significance of the Error Code number since their software program generated it.

Their reply? Make sure my system is not set up to be displaying my image to another monitor, as in where you can press your Windows key + P to bring up the display mode when projecting; make sure it's not on "Duplicate". I don't have more than one monitor, and mine is set for "PC Screen Only".

I had also sent them my DxDiag file; wouldn't that contain the information if I had dual (or triple) monitors?

Alright....I mentioned above that I thought I had some good news. Well, yes......but not that it got me anywhere.

I ran the Cyberlink Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor program again. And guess what? For whatever strange reason, I Passed ALL Minimum Requirements. Yup, this even includes the only one I had been Failing up to this point, the HDCP 2.2 (GPU/ Display)

When I saw that I Passed everything, I got a tingly feeling, and I immediately put in a 4K disc, launched the Cyberlink software, and clicked on Play, aaaaannnnnddddd.....it failed.....again.

Yup, still getting stuck at that "Initiating components...." and then the Error Code of 0xe8800713L (-394262765).

Boy, I tell ya, when I saw that I Passed everything in the Advisor, I thought, Finally!! I'm going to be able to play a 4K disc and it's approaching two weeks since I've been troubleshooting this. And....nope.

So, I replied to Cyberlink Tech Support again, told them no, my screen display Mode is not on Duplicate, but is on PC Screen Only.

I also told them about the success with Passing ALL requirements in the Advisor, but 4K disc playback still failing at "Initiating....".

And I asked them, once more, what the Error Code of 0xe8800713L (-394262765) means.

Sooooo.....since I'm now Passing ALL in the Advisor, but still not the "Initiating..." when attempting to launch a 4K disc, exactly what is this initiating thing? Since the initiating message claims that it is required only once (whenever it's successful!!!!), is it some kind of verification process? Is this Cyberlink software program sending a message out to the Internet to the Cyberlink servers or something?
Pez
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Do not give up, you are almost there. If the Advisor gives you green light, then you made everything right. OK, maybe the cable was a waste, but having one top quality HDMI cable is not a bad thing.

The truth is this will never work flawlessly. Be ready to fail HDCP check or SGX check in the future again. Then you must either close PowerDVD and start it again or even restart the PC. But for now you know your setup is correct.

The last thing you need is the verification. I do not know what exactly it verifies or if it downloads any kind of UHD key? Once you finish it successfully, the initiating window will never return. In your case the initiation clearly did not finish. According to the other posts you mentioned, there may be currently a bug on the server again. As I said before, last time it took only a day or two and CyberLink solved the problem.

Unfortunately, CyberLink support is not known for fast and correct answers. Their first answer is always some pre-written universal letter which has nothing to do with the question. Hopefully they will answer to you soon. You have legal PowerDVD even if it is an OEM version, there can be nothing wrong, just be patient. One more thing you can try is to check your firewall and antivirus if either of the two does not block PowerDVD from contacting the server somehow. For 10 minutes you may disable both and try to connect.

If nothing helps, you may also ask Hicham via PM. He is the only CyberLink employee monitoring this forum and he can get news about the server from his colleagues.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 04. 2018 14:34

My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi triffid.

Don't give up, eh? wink I'm almost there? tongue-out

Yes, the Cyberlink Advisor seems to be telling me now that I have the green light, that I'm Passing everything with flying colors, A-OK!! But still can't get a 4K disc to play..... yell

So, from what you're saying, it sounds like I'm right about Cyberlink Tech Support and their responses; I'm not the only one who noticed this surprised

You also mentioned someone by the name of "Hicham"; yes, I've seen that name on this forum posting some replies. Yes, I suppose I could always give that person a try if my issue persists and I get nowhere with my Support Tickets.

Now, triffid, let me check something with you because this has come up more than once within this long thread/ forum post I have here; besides you, others (bear_in_mind & QC2.0) have suggested this.

I made mention of this before, triffid, because I've seen it in your signature: You and I have the same motherboard; Aorus Z270X Gaming 8.

When it comes to the BIOS, this is the item that has come up more than once within this thread and that others besides you have commented on.

I have the F4 BIOS, and you have stated within this thread that that should be fine; you stated, "I tested all BIOS versions with this mobo. Only F3 did not work (no SGX setting in BIOS). Do not update it".

However, bear_in_mind & QC2.0 said that an update to the F8 BIOS might not be a bad idea.

And.....I heard back from Cyberlink Tech Support again; they seem to have one final suggestion because we've covered just about everything else, and, technically, now, I am Passing ALL requirements in the Cyberlink Advisor. Here's the quote from what they said:

"Please be advised that the current error message per engineer checking, it might come from the communication/collaboration error between motherboard and operating system that regards the Intel SGX and HDCP 2.2 operation.

You are advised to update the BIOS to the latest F8 version from Gigabyte support page which update the core component of Intel Management Engine chipset driver (which drives Intel SGX.)."

And, triffid, I am not saying all this about the F8 BIOS as a way to say that you are wrong; that is not my intention at all. It's just that besides bear_in_mind & QC2.0, I now have Cyberlink Tech Support suggesting this, too.

So, since you have the same motherboard as me, I'd like to get your take on something.

You probably put together custom-build desktop systems like I do. And you probably know that no matter what brand/ model of motherboard you're talking about, that motherboard manufacturers caution against upgrading your BIOS unless absolutely necessary; they say if you're experiencing no problems with your current BIOS, to not upgrade it.

There's always that disclaimer of caution that during the BIOS upgrading process, if there's any disruption that could cause a corruption, that your system could become unbootable. Yikes. So, through the years, even I myself have be wary about updating/ upgrading my BIOS, no matter what brand/ model (although I have done it on occasion through the years).

Well, since you and I have the Aorus Z270X Gaming 8, let me ask this:

Not that I've ever had to use this feature, but this motherboard has what's known as "DualBIOS". If I were to mistakenly corrupt or damage my main BIOS during the update, do I really need to do anything for the backup-BIOS to take over? Or does it just do it on its own?

And:

Is there a preferred or "better" way to update the BIOS? Plug a USB drive with the F8 BIOS on it into the USB 3.1 port (labeled "J" in the manual)? Or, while already booted into Windows, use the Gigabyte App Center program known as "@bios"? I already have a copy of the F8 BIOS downloaded to my hard drive, so I could use that option (Update from File, then navigate to where I have it).

Thanks for any more input; triffid; yours is some of the best information I've received throughout this 4K disc ordeal laughing
Pez
triffid
[Post New]
Updating BIOS is unbelievably easy on this board. And do not worry, you can't brick it. We are talking about Aorus Gaming 8, second best Z270 mobo on the world. The warning "Do not update BIOS if not necessary" applies to single BIOS boards. During the update, both BIOS chips will be overwritten, but not at once. There is no "backup" BIOS and you can't have two different BIOSes, however you can have different settings in BIOS 1 than in BIOS 2.

I would recommend the classic procedure rather than @bios. I think it is better to have everything shut down while updating. Download the chosen file, unpack it on a flash drive (three small files if I remember correctly). Restart, enter BIOS, find BIOS update option in low-right corner. The board recognizes the BIOS on the flash drive, runs it and in a minute or two it is over. No big deal. Use any USB port you want.

Only these top boards have an extra protection unavailable for lower models. That is the special USB port on the back panel. If something goes extremely wrong - I mean like a power loss during the flashing above - a standard mobo is in trouble and needs a repair. Not Gaming 8. Put the flash drive in the port and the board will flash BIOS automatically even if nothing else works, you do not even need to have a CPU inserted! However do not use this method this time, it is the last resort. You do not see anything onscreen and it is hard to guess the progress. I updated previous Gigabyte flagship Z170 G1 this way to make it compatible with KabyLake CPU. Gigabyte engineers are geniuses.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2018 21:03

Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Every time I try to post a reply, I'm getting this message:

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">Error

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">Error Detail
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">This page can't be displayed by security issue.
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">Maybe your request have unfriendly content.
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">Contact support for additional information.
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">The incident ID is: 1743672861517
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">The session ID is: 211112628146958476
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">
<p style="margin: 0px 0px 10.66px;">Pez
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
You can try removing all the above "quote" content in the reply, and post the reply again.

Does your problem reoslve after updating BIOS?
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
QC2.0: let me explain.

I was posting my latest reply to this thread. After I was done typing, I clicked on the Submit button, and then, the next web page I see is what I posted previously: Error; Error detail; This page can't be displayed by security issue; etc.

I clicked the Back button on my browser, and thank goodness, all that I had typed was still within the text box. I Copy/ Pasted my text into a Word document and saved it on my computer (I still have it).

I have since sent a PM to Hicham on this forum (I believe they are a System Admin on these Cyberlink forums); I described in the Private Message the issue I keep having when trying to post.

Since I still have the content of what I wanted to post saved in that Word doc, I went through it, looking for "unfriendly content", although, that is a subjective term in-and-of-itself.

QC2.0: what did you mean by: You can try removing all the above "quote" content in the reply, and post the reply again?
Pez

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08. 2018 23:04

bear_in_mind [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2017 13:31 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Pezzy - I think I might know what's happening. A lot of message boards accept plaintext, with the option of HTML and other markup languages. This message board seems to carry over the underlying HTML in any text you copy. I copied and pasted a message from another site over here. Much to my horror, the post here looked awful and had these weird "tags" out there for all to see. This wasn't my intention. I'm guessing that something similar is happening with the Word doc. Can you try copying everything into a plain text file and then copying from the text file to this board?
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
bear_in_mind: I tried what you said; let me know if this sounds right.

I opened the Word doc where I had Saved the post/ text that I had wanted to add to this thread in the forum. I Selected All the text, Copy, then closed that Word document.

I then launched Word again to open a blank document. I then went to the Toolbar where you see the Paste icon, but clicked on its little down arrow, then Paste Special. Then, it comes up with some choices for you to Paste As; I chose "Unformatted Text".

I then came to this forum/ thread, clicked on Reply to This Topic, went back to that Word doc where I now had that "Unformatted Text", Selected All of that text, Copy, and then Pasted it into the box and clicked on Submit.

Annnnndddd....same Error message.

Do you know of a different way to make my stuff into a plain text file?
Pez
bear_in_mind [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2017 13:31 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Pezzy - Just use Notepad. It's garbage but there's no chance whatsoever that you'll carry over weird metadata and such (or download Notepad++, which is far nicer). If that still won't work, and there aren't weird HTML tags or whatever in the text, I have no idea what's going on. I suppose you could always copy the text over to pastebin.com and then post the link here. That should definitely work.
Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hallelujah!!

Updating/ flashing my Aorus BIOS to F8 did the trick!!!

After the update was complete and I eventually got to my desktop, I put in a 4K UHD disc, launched PowerDVD, it went through its "Initiating components....".......and finally made it all the way through without that error code!! Star Trek 2009 played!! laughing

The F8 BIOS did it!!

triffid: I had a bit of a scare first after the BIOS update was complete. You know that disclaimer thing we mentioned? That thing most motherboard manufacturers mention? How there's always that inherent danger of your system becoming unbootable if the process doesn't go well? "Do not update BIOS if not necessary."

Weeeelllllll.....I was in the BIOS, going through the update procedure with the F8 BIOS on a USB drive, watching the update procedure progress (10%.....20.....50......90.....100%), then the next normal part is the system automatically shuts down and then reboots itself.

The recommendation is to enter the BIOS again (Delete key), then Load Optimized Defaults. Well, I hear the system booting back up, lights inside my tower case are on, fans are spinning.....but my monitor does not display anything, and eventually goes into Sleep Mode because it is receiving no signal.

What?!?!

The current hookup is I have the HDMI cable going from the on-board HDMI port (for the on-board Intel graphics) to the monitor's HDMI port. Well, I plug my Display Port cable back into my monitor (I had had it disconnected because we thought the system was "sensing" it and determining it was a security breech regarding the HDCP/ DRM/ copyright stuff). My monitor now comes to life.

I guess after the F8 BIOS update, it sensed the discrete EVGA graphics card I had in PCI-e slot 1, and wanted to default to it; it didn't go back to the on-board Intel HD graphics (IGFX).

But for a moment there, I thought I had bricked it surprised

Now, triffid, way back in November before I knew this forum thread would get super-long wink you mentioned something: "You must enable IGPU in BIOS and I also recommend to set it as your primary graphics for a while to avoid confusion before you learn how to switch between the two. Once your setup is finished and everything working alright, you can return to the graphics card and switch to IGPU only when you want to watch an UHD disc."

So, I had asked, "Is there some fancy way I don't know about to switch between onboard graphics and my discrete EVGA graphics card? Isn't the only way to do this is in the BIOS? Is there another way? A way to do it when you've reached your desktop?"

And you had answered, "Yes, but I can’t explain my workaround now, I am driving a car. Definitely no removing the card or switching cables."

Well....got some time to explain your workaround now? It sure would be nice to switch between my two graphics. With my discerning eye, I can see how my nVidia EVGA graphics are superior to the Intel HD graphics!!
Pez

P.S. Thanks, bear_in_mind: the Notepad suggestion worked!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 09. 2018 20:13

triffid
[Post New]
You do not need to enter BIOS every time you want to switch the outputs, that would be really annoying.
What you can do is to use multi-monitor setup. Imagine you have two monitors, 1 and 2. One connected to the motherboard (HDMI) and the second to Nvidia GPU (DP).
In Windows, Settings - System - Display - Multiple monitors (sorry, I do not know the exact English terms) you have several choices. Double or Duplicate means you want to use both monitors at once. That is wrong, because then both GPUs are running and the environment is unsecure. The Advisor check will fail. But if you choose 1 only or 2 only, the other GPU and other monitor go to sleep. If DP line goes to sleep, then HDMI output stays secure and the monitor connected via HDMI may play 4k discs.
Now you actually have just one monitor, but you can still connect it to your PC with two cables, creating a virtual dual-monitor setup. I believe you can guess the rest already. Always have either 1 only or 2 only enabled. When you switch from 1 to 2 in Windows, your LG screen will go black, then quickly use the control button on the monitor to change the Input from HDMI to DP or vice versa. Quickly before Windows restore the previous monitor (you have 15 sec to confirm the selection, I guess).
This workaround is the best I can offer to you. It does not always work and sometimes you must restart your PC anyway to renew SGX/HDCP. If you have a new M.2 SSD, the restart takes 30 sec, no more. But you do not need to enter BIOS or manipulate the BIOS switch on your mobo or removing and reinserting cables.

P.S.: Of course, after updating and reseting BIOS the board detected the graphics card in PCI-E slot and wanted to use it, because it is superior to the IGPU. As I said before, you can't brick the board, do not worry.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2018 10:42

Pezzy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi triffid; thanks for getting back to me again.

Say, before I get to my main point, I noticed something:

I probably noticed this in the past, but it must have gone to the back of my mind and I really didn't think about it anymore.

In your signature, you mention your location: Prague. And then, in your most recent reply to my post, you said, "sorry, I do not know the exact English terms". So, what I mean is, I guess it was not in the forefront of my mind that English may not be your first language; I never would have guess it, though, by reading your posts here on this forum; your English seems to flow pretty well to me, I thought you would have been a native speaker of it laughing

And, another thing: Your screen-name of "triffid" and the avatar that you use to go along with it: It reminds me of a sci-fi movie from the early 1960's, The Day of the Triffids. It's about these aggressive plants that are feeding on people; in your avatar, I can even see the plant (triffid?) looming over a person laying on the ground tongue-out

OK, back to the matter at-hand:

Yes, I understand the workaround you described: I'll connect both video cables; one from my discrete EVGA graphics card to my monitor via a Display Port cable, and the other from my on-board Intel graphics to my monitor via an HDMI cable. And like you said, it will be a "virtual" dual-monitor setup.

And then, when I want to switch, go into Settings/ System/ Display, and then choose which monitor I want to use (even though it is really one-in-the-same), and then quickly go to my LG monitor's on-screen control menu and switch the input to either Display Port or HDMI.

I have all that correct? wink

Say, one more thing while I have you here in regard to all of this, and especially since you and I have the same exact make/ model of motherboard:

Since I'll give this "virtual" dual-monitor setup a try, let me ask this:

When I finally got all of this to work (finally able to play a 4K disc), I only had the HDMI cable going from my on-board Intel graphics to my monitor. In the Aorus motherboard's BIOS, on the Peripherals tab, on Initial Display Output, there's "IGFX", I had chosen that. On the Chipset tab, there's Internal Graphics; there's the choice of "Auto" and "Enabled".

When I had gotten the 4K disc to finally play, I had the IGFX as my Initial Display Output, and for Internal Graphics, I had chosen "Enabled".

When I try this "virtual" dual-monitor setup, I'd like to have my discrete EVGA graphics card as my main, Initial Display Output [it has the far superior graphics smile]. But for the other part - the Internal Graphics, Auto or Enabled - does it really matter which one I choose?

Thanks for any more info,
Pez
triffid
[Post New]
Yes, it is my favorite book, actually the first sci-fi book I ever read (when I was 10), and it opened a whole new world for me. Since then I love s&f books and movies.

The cable connecting the Nvidia GPU and monitor can be either DP or HDMI. The choice depends on the card's outputs. If it has DP 1.2 and HDMI 1.4b, choose DP. If it has HDMI 2.0, then the outputs are equal.

You need to change the initial output to PCI-E slot, correct. Naturally you will use the GPU more often than IGPU. But you must leave the IGPU ENABLED to be ready when you decide to switch the monitors. It means the IGPU runs in the background (and it also consumes some power). If you change the setting to DISABLED or AUTO, the motherboard will ignore the IGPU and you can't wake it from sleep anymore until you enter BIOS again. .
tony0707 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2014 08:41 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all.

From my Subject line, I'm thinking of purchasing the internal drive from Pioneer for 4K UHD disc playback, the Pioneer BDR-211UBK.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-211UBK

Here are my system specs:

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

Motherboard: Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 8 (BIOS version F4)

CPU: Intel Core i7, 7700K; 4.20GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 32GB

GPU: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 SC

Monitor: LG Ultra HD 4K, 27UD58; 27 inch

I ran the little program available here from Cyberlink, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor; according to the "official" results from this program, I do Not Pass the test.

One of the items that I do not pass on - the UHD-BD Optical Disc Drive - yes, I understand: I don't have that in my system yet!! That's the item I'm considering buying! wink

But let me show you a screen-capture shot of my results, then I'll ask for your input:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll217/PezzyDude/Cyberlink-UltraHD-Advisor_zpsnaldysiq.jpg

From the picture, one of the items listed as "Not Available" is "HDCP 2.2 (GPU/ Display)". From my system specs I listed above, both my GPU and display monitor are compliant, yes?

Also listed as "Not Available" is "Advanced Protected Audio/ Video Path (GPU)"; why would that be? I'm using the Display Port cable to go from my graphics card to my monitor.

And the other? Optical Disc Drive? Yes, like I mentioned above, that's the item I'm considering purchasing, so, no, it's not in my system yet.

But from the information I've provided here, should my system be able to play UHD 4K Blu-ray discs?

Thanks for any help & info,

Pez

Hello: I also have exactly the same problem, Some one fixed yet????????
triffid
[Post New]
Yes. .
tony0707 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2014 08:41 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all.

From my Subject line, I'm thinking of purchasing the internal drive from Pioneer for 4K UHD disc playback, the Pioneer BDR-211UBK.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-211UBK

Here are my system specs:

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit

Motherboard: Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 8 (BIOS version F4)

CPU: Intel Core i7, 7700K; 4.20GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 32GB

GPU: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 SC

Monitor: LG Ultra HD 4K, 27UD58; 27 inch

I ran the little program available here from Cyberlink, the Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor; according to the "official" results from this program, I do Not Pass the test.

One of the items that I do not pass on - the UHD-BD Optical Disc Drive - yes, I understand: I don't have that in my system yet!! That's the item I'm considering buying! wink

But let me show you a screen-capture shot of my results, then I'll ask for your input:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll217/PezzyDude/Cyberlink-UltraHD-Advisor_zpsnaldysiq.jpg

From the picture, one of the items listed as "Not Available" is "HDCP 2.2 (GPU/ Display)". From my system specs I listed above, both my GPU and display monitor are compliant, yes?

Also listed as "Not Available" is "Advanced Protected Audio/ Video Path (GPU)"; why would that be? I'm using the Display Port cable to go from my graphics card to my monitor.

And the other? Optical Disc Drive? Yes, like I mentioned above, that's the item I'm considering purchasing, so, no, it's not in my system yet.

But from the information I've provided here, should my system be able to play UHD 4K Blu-ray discs?

Thanks for any help & info,

Pez

Hello sir: I have the same problem as you, with almosts the same configurationand components, i also made all the changes sugested here, only my prosessor is I5 7500. and i having the same issue. Did you fixit yet????
What did you made????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2018 22:56

triffid
[Post New]
Did you even bother to read this thread before asking???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2018 19:45