Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDR problem
alikzair [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2018 18:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am having problems playing my blu-rays in HDR,

I have all the required hardware and im using Power DVD 17

It plays in SDR fine but when I go to play it says playback was switched to SDR playback. Although I have a brand new HDR TV.

Everything in the blu-ray Advisor is ticked apart from HDR.

I can play HDR content through my 1080ti so obviously its an intel problem.

Anyone know any answers to this?
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Which UHD BDs you tested?
Something in the chain is wrong. Either the TV or the motherboard. What is the name of your TV and the name of the motherboard? When you connect the graphics card and the TV, everything works fine, right? Are you using the same HDMI cable to connect the TV and the motherboard then? .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
alikzair [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2018 18:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a few UHD discs and they play fine through powerdvd but it will not play in HDR only SDR. My TV is an LG 43uj630v and my motherboard is an Asus Z270E ROG.

I can output HDR using the same cable from my Nvidea 1080ti into the same TV, using the same cable. But it wont work using intel graphics, which I obviously need to use for UHD Discs
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
The ASUS board does not support HDR over HDMI as it does not have HDMI 2.0. If you insist on HDR, you must replace the mobo.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19860
There is another ASUS with HDMI 1.4 - no HDR.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2018 14:21

FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
markvergin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2016 08:40 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Can enable HDR via windows 10 insider preview build 17086 / 17094, but intel must be from 7th gen