Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OptoData

Thank you sooo much for that post, I have just tried it on my PD15 "Remove all unused Content" and that worked the other one didn't work at all

I am so gratefull to You and Sven for sorting this age old problem !!

When I searched the forum it did not come up with the post that you sent to me strangely enough, but am glad that you took the time to reply to me, really appreciate it

Best Regards

Kay77

You're replying to a thread that's 2 years old. PD17 was patched to deal with this, and the workaround for older versions was posted months ago. You only need to do the the steps in this post to resolve the issue.

OptoData

Thank you sooo much for that post, I have just tried it on my PD15 "Remove all unused Content" and that worked the other one didn't work at all

I am so gratefull to You and Sven for sorting this age old problem !!

When I searched the forum it did not come up with the post that you sent to me strangely enough, but am glad that you took the time to reply to me, really appreciate it

Best Regards

Kay77
Quote Is anybody having trouble with the audio timeline not showing waveform?

This started on upgrading to PD16. It was never a problem in PD15. But since installing 16,

even 15 doesn't show the waveform. Show waveform is checked in preferences, but it still

doesn't show waveform on timeline.

Has this been sorted out now after about 2 yrs ?

I am having this problem now after doing what Cyberlink suggested on a previous thread
Quote Ok, so I've seen this thread before, but I'm still having the issue. I have a wave file that I import into PowerDirector and when I drop it into the timeline, I can't see the waveform, just the straight line to adjust the gain.

Last week I imported the file, put it in the timeline, brought it into AudioDirector to edit, and actually I didn't even make any edits, then sent it back to PowerDirector. This actually did the trick, I was able to see the waveform finally. However today that is no longer working.

I've tried closing all the memory hogging programs, rebooting, to no avail.

I've tried editing it first in AudioDirector then exporting it to PowerDirector, no go.

I've tried zooming in and out on the wave file, nothing.

It seems to me it's some sort of memory allocation issue or software refresh glitch (very technical, I know) given how last week when I sent it to AudioDirector and back it showed up. But I can't get it to show up at all now.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks, Michael

Has this issue been sorted out
I tried all the solutions that Cyberlink has said in previous threads and still does not work

I am having this problem now
Quote Anyone experience the same problem ?

I have had this experience once a few years ago. The fix is to revert to an earlier version of the pds file. If you haven’t been saving the project periodically by using a different filename each time then try to get it from the autosave. After opening an earlier version of the project and you are happy with it then save it under a different filename before adding a menu. After you add a menu then save it under a different filename in case the menu you choose and use crash the project again. You then always have an earlier project without a menu to revert to.

If you create a custom menu that may have caused the problem then you can always use the auto features in menu designer to help override the perceived mistakes until you get better at it.

Temporarily choose one of the supplied cyberlink menu to see if it helps and not crash your pc.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you for your advice

I have been saving the project often at different stages because of this freezing.

The funny thing is that if I am busy with the project and I create a disc without closing the project, then I can create a dvd disc

If reopening the same project the next day to create a another disc or blueray it freezes when I go to the create a disc menu

If I use the supplied Cyberlink Menus then it is okay, only the DZ templates seem to create this problem

Is there anyway to save that pds without having to go back to previous projects ?
When I reopen my project and go from the edit tab to the create disc tab, my computer freezes and says Checking menu settings...[77%] Updating menu pages ...

I cannot shut down the computer only by the power switch, it only freezes if I use templates from the Director Zone see attachments

Anyone experience the same problem ?
Go to: