CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Waveform on Timeline
Reply to this topic
ace620 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 18, 2013 19:35 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Is anybody having trouble with the audio timeline not showing waveform?

This started on upgrading to PD16. It was never a problem in PD15. But since installing 16,

even 15 doesn't show the waveform. Show waveform is checked in preferences, but it still

doesn't show waveform on timeline.
Fred Rijckenberg [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands Joined: Jun 08, 2014 05:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is anybody having trouble with the audio timeline not showing waveform?

This started on upgrading to PD16. It was never a problem in PD15. But since installing 16,

even 15 doesn't show the waveform. Show waveform is checked in preferences, but it still

I have the same problem. Is there a solution.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9040 Offline
[Post New]

In Preferences > General. Check that "Show Sound Waveform in timeline" is checked.

If it is not checked there will be no waveform. Windows 7 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB,256GB SSD,1TB HD.
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
Not responsible for any harm that may come to your wallet
ace620 [Avatar]
[Post New]
As stated "Show Sound Waveform in timeline" is checked.

However, the wave form may or may not show...for most part, it doesn't show on the timeline.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2017 19:54

stevek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4621 Offline
[Post New]

Make sure that the audio volume is high enough to show the wave form. Go to the audio Mixing room and raise the volume until it show.

What format is the source video? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ace620 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Make sure that the audio volume is high enough to show the wave form. Go to the audio Mixing room and raise the volume until it show.

What format is the source video?

It can be an MP4 with PowerDirector Defaults (16mb) rendered out.

Import it...No Waveform on audio track.
[Post New]
I noticed similar behaviour. It happens with clips from my Nikon D3300 as well as screen recordings from Bandicam. Both use the AAC codec I believe and 48 KHz.

There is a simple fix for me. I just save the project, quit PD16, and launch it again. Then the waveforms show up for me

Website
YouTube
kenstir66 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 22, 2012 19:37 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I noticed similar behaviour. It happens with clips from my Nikon D3300 as well as screen recordings from Bandicam. Both use the AAC codec I believe and 48 KHz.

There is a simple fix for me. I just save the project, quit PD16, and launch it again. Then the waveforms show up for me

I am having this problem and this is a half solution for me. It worked on a brand new project with 1 video; the waveform was missing, I saved and closed PD16 and restarted, and it showed up. But the waveform still doesn't show up on a big project where I really want it. That project was started with the trial version of PD16 and I have never seen waveforms in it.

All of my video clips are MTS files with AC-3 audio tracks. My soundtrack is an MP3 file and I don't see waveforms there either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2017 21:11

[Post New]

Has this been sorted out now after about 2 yrs ?

I am having this problem now after doing what Cyberlink suggested on a previous thread
Reply to this topic