Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Computer freezes when updating menu pages
[Post New]
When I reopen my project and go from the edit tab to the create disc tab, my computer freezes and says Checking menu settings...[77%] Updating menu pages ...

I cannot shut down the computer only by the power switch, it only freezes if I use templates from the Director Zone see attachments

Anyone experience the same problem ?
[Thumb - 20161207_195643.jpg]
 Filename
20161207_195643.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot 2
 Filesize
87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
[Thumb - 20161207_195631.jpg]
 Filename
20161207_195631.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot 1
 Filesize
4216 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 08. 2016 03:13

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Anyone experience the same problem ?

I have had this experience once a few years ago. The fix is to revert to an earlier version of the pds file. If you haven’t been saving the project periodically by using a different filename each time then try to get it from the autosave. After opening an earlier version of the project and you are happy with it then save it under a different filename before adding a menu. After you add a menu then save it under a different filename in case the menu you choose and use crash the project again. You then always have an earlier project without a menu to revert to.

If you create a custom menu that may have caused the problem then you can always use the auto features in menu designer to help override the perceived mistakes until you get better at it.

Temporarily choose one of the supplied cyberlink menu to see if it helps and not crash your pc.

Let us know if this helps.
[Post New]
Quote Anyone experience the same problem ?

I have had this experience once a few years ago. The fix is to revert to an earlier version of the pds file. If you haven’t been saving the project periodically by using a different filename each time then try to get it from the autosave. After opening an earlier version of the project and you are happy with it then save it under a different filename before adding a menu. After you add a menu then save it under a different filename in case the menu you choose and use crash the project again. You then always have an earlier project without a menu to revert to.

If you create a custom menu that may have caused the problem then you can always use the auto features in menu designer to help override the perceived mistakes until you get better at it.

Temporarily choose one of the supplied cyberlink menu to see if it helps and not crash your pc.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you for your advice

I have been saving the project often at different stages because of this freezing.

The funny thing is that if I am busy with the project and I create a disc without closing the project, then I can create a dvd disc

If reopening the same project the next day to create a another disc or blueray it freezes when I go to the create a disc menu

If I use the supplied Cyberlink Menus then it is okay, only the DZ templates seem to create this problem

Is there anyway to save that pds without having to go back to previous projects ?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The funny thing is that if I am busy with the project and I create a disc without closing the project, then I can create a dvd disc

If reopening the same project the next day to create a another disc or blueray it freezes when I go to the create a disc menu

If I use the supplied Cyberlink Menus then it is okay, only the DZ templates seem to create this problem

Is there anyway to save that pds without having to go back to previous projects ?

Others may have reported such problems. Any older menu from the DZ that causes problem in PD14 can be repaired or modified in the PD14 menu designer to work properly in PD14. See this link for help: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/42421.page#post_box_218784 .

The simplest thing is for you to do is to use the pds without the menu and then choose a menu and burn your project unless you fix the menu.