Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Waveforms not showing up after editing
Miguelito [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2017 18:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, so I've seen this thread before, but I'm still having the issue. I have a wave file that I import into PowerDirector and when I drop it into the timeline, I can't see the waveform, just the straight line to adjust the gain.

Last week I imported the file, put it in the timeline, brought it into AudioDirector to edit, and actually I didn't even make any edits, then sent it back to PowerDirector. This actually did the trick, I was able to see the waveform finally. However today that is no longer working.

I've tried closing all the memory hogging programs, rebooting, to no avail.

I've tried editing it first in AudioDirector then exporting it to PowerDirector, no go.

I've tried zooming in and out on the wave file, nothing.

It seems to me it's some sort of memory allocation issue or software refresh glitch (very technical, I know) given how last week when I sent it to AudioDirector and back it showed up. But I can't get it to show up at all now.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks, Michael
Miguelito [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2017 18:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Update:

I opened up a new project in PD 15 and imported the same audio file, waveform was visible immediately.

I then closed that, didn't save, opened up PD 15, then opened my project, imported the same audio file in, and the waveform was now visible.

I then imported two other similar audio files but no waveforms.

I saved my project and closed it, then opened up a new PD 15 project again and imported the second audio file, waveform was visible immediately.

Did this again for the third and final audio file, waveform was visible.

So, if I open a new PD 15 project, import the audio file, then close it without editing or saving, then open my project and pull that same audio file in, it seems to work. Why? I have no idea. Anyway, three hours later...

Michael
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Refresh the screen like clicking on the scroll bar and then I don't have to wait the three hours. There is a program running to generate those waveforms.
[Post New]
Quote Ok, so I've seen this thread before, but I'm still having the issue. I have a wave file that I import into PowerDirector and when I drop it into the timeline, I can't see the waveform, just the straight line to adjust the gain.

Last week I imported the file, put it in the timeline, brought it into AudioDirector to edit, and actually I didn't even make any edits, then sent it back to PowerDirector. This actually did the trick, I was able to see the waveform finally. However today that is no longer working.

I've tried closing all the memory hogging programs, rebooting, to no avail.

I've tried editing it first in AudioDirector then exporting it to PowerDirector, no go.

I've tried zooming in and out on the wave file, nothing.

It seems to me it's some sort of memory allocation issue or software refresh glitch (very technical, I know) given how last week when I sent it to AudioDirector and back it showed up. But I can't get it to show up at all now.

Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks, Michael

Has this issue been sorted out
I tried all the solutions that Cyberlink has said in previous threads and still does not work

I am having this problem now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 14. 2019 14:13

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Has this issue been sorted out
I tried all the solutions that Cyberlink has said in previous threads and still does not work

I am having this problem now

You're replying to a thread that's 2 years old. PD17 was patched to deal with this, and the workaround for older versions was posted months ago. You only need to do the the steps in this post to resolve the issue.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
[Post New]

You're replying to a thread that's 2 years old. PD17 was patched to deal with this, and the workaround for older versions was posted months ago. You only need to do the the steps in this post to resolve the issue.

OptoData

Thank you sooo much for that post, I have just tried it on my PD15 "Remove all unused Content" and that worked the other one didn't work at all

I am so gratefull to You and Sven for sorting this age old problem !!

When I searched the forum it did not come up with the post that you sent to me strangely enough, but am glad that you took the time to reply to me, really appreciate it

Best Regards

Kay77
LuckyRiver [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2019 09:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Nope, it did not work for me using PD 17.0.3005. I have tried at will the work around but it did not work.

Was it supposed to get fixed already in PD 17?

Any help is appreciated!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That version should have fixed the problem, and I'm not aware of the two workarounds ever failing.

However, you may also need to delete the temporary files. Under the Settings menu, use the Manually Delete button and select all temporary clips, delete them, and then create a new project and exit PD.

This will ensure that none of your current projects will be in use when you restart PD. You should also use File Manager to delete all the .txt files in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\Cache\WaveForms folder.

Now launch PD again, and make sure that there are no more temp files, then reopen your project, and the waveforms should start showing up a few seconds after PD starts.
Maris Pilacis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2020 12:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That version should have fixed the problem, and I'm not aware of the two workarounds ever failing.

However, you may also need to delete the temporary files. Under the Settings menu, use the Manually Delete button and select all temporary clips, delete them, and then create a new project and exit PD.

This will ensure that none of your current projects will be in use when you restart PD. You should also use File Manager to delete all the .txt files in the C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\17.0\Cache\WaveForms folder.

Now launch PD again, and make sure that there are no more temp files, then reopen your project, and the waveforms should start showing up a few seconds after PD starts.