Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Has anyone else had problems replaying video from a D3200 Nikon?

I've been screwing around with PD support for several weeks and now they tell me they do not support the MOV file format from this camera.

My problem is that if you have an image followed by a video, or a video followed by a video, in the time line, a preview will not work properly. When it gets to the second clip, sound stops, and video continues for a second of two, then video stops until sound catches up to it.

Support has already told me several reasons why I have this problem - none have been correct so far. I can't beleive this software does not support one of the most common Nikon cameras?
Quote Here is a similar file - smaller size

here is the DxDiag.txt file
I also produced a wmv file. the preview had problems, but the prodeuced file seems to be OK.
Quote Did you try actually producing a video to see what the end result is like. Your video looks to me as if your computer is 'running out of steam' when it's trying to display the live preview.

I produced a video - mpg low resolution. When viewed in the Produce screen (I assume this shows the produced video) it hass the same problem as in the preview described above. When I open the produced file in Media player, it has only sound - no video.
Here is a similar file - smaller size
I've taken a video of the problem. Attached.

About 2/3 of the way through at about 2:00 on the time line, the timeline marker stops, and the missed sound starts. When it catches up to the video, the time line marer starts moving again.
Quote I don't think you've given enough information for any body to help really. When you say 'play' do you mean that you are previewing your timeline? It may be that you have got your preview set at too high quality and your computer isn't powerful enough to cope. If this is the case, then try producing what you have got on the timeline and only then play the resulting video. Does that play correctly?

If I am guessing incorrectly then perhaps a screenshot of your timeline and also the dxdiag.txt file from your computer may help.

When I say play I am previewing the timeline.

I tried several qualities including low and got the same thing.

My computer is an i5, windows 8. I don't think this is the problem since a preview of a video runs fine as long as i don't try to cross over from one to another. A single video has no trouble playing. The problem is moving from the end of one to the beginning of another.

Producing the video is not going to help. Even if that works, the problem prevents proper editing of the clips.

A screen shot won't show anything, except two videos in the time line? What is and where do you find dxdiag.txt file?
When I select the start of a video clip or any place inside a video clip, it plays properly. If
I have two video clips next to each other on the timeline and set a
point in the first clip, it plays properly to the end of the clip. Then
the video portion of the next clip plays properly, but without sound.
After a few seconds the video stops, and the sound that was missed
plays. Once the sound catches up to video, both proceed together
properly.

I've tried several different video clips. They are recorded at 24 fps.
It looks as if you have one path - the default export path - that must be used for all snapshots. Not very useful for keeping files organized.

In the third question, I was wondering if you can select a file in the media room and save it to a selected path. If this option was there it would get around the above limitation. based on some other reading it seems the files in the media room do not actually exist - they are just links to the file locations - is that correct?
When you take a snapshot, it only allows you to specify a file.

1) How do you specify a path for saving the file?

2) How do you change teh default path used by the snapshot feature?

3) the snapshot is also put in the media room. How do you save a single file in the media room?
I think everything is now installed - thanks again for the quick help.
Setting to admin was not required. I probably have Windows set to always set admin when it starts.
Thanks Carl and Barry for the quick responses.

I hope the program is better than the installation process!

I would expect one install program. Anything less is not user friendly.

But more important it needs installation instructions. I got no information on how to proceed. I downloaded the help manual which contains no install info. The initial email I got after purchase should have had a clear link to instructions. It is important to get customers up and running quickly.
What does "If you are not administrator, Run the program as Admin. " mean??
I tried installing the audiodirector, but it seems to hang at 97%. I think it initiated the install of Quicktime - do you need to install quicktime?
I got the Ultra installed, by running the Ultra exe - which is not the largest file.

Do you have to install the contentPack essential and Contentpacl premium separately? Or do they install with the Ultra exe?

Just downloaded Ultra 14 and cna't find installation instructions
Go to: