Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with MOV files from Nikon D3200 canera
RPavlis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2016 10:46 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone else had problems replaying video from a D3200 Nikon?

I've been screwing around with PD support for several weeks and now they tell me they do not support the MOV file format from this camera.

My problem is that if you have an image followed by a video, or a video followed by a video, in the time line, a preview will not work properly. When it gets to the second clip, sound stops, and video continues for a second of two, then video stops until sound catches up to it.

Support has already told me several reasons why I have this problem - none have been correct so far. I can't beleive this software does not support one of the most common Nikon cameras?
Jirka.Bolech
Senior Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Aug 16, 2014 06:03 Messages: 158 Offline
[Post New]
There are so many variations of video file formats it is almost inevitable some of them cause problems in post processing. I should wonder if Nikon provides any utility software but, one way or another, the solution is probably in converting your footage to something that PowerDirector will be able to handle correctly. Why don't you try renderring your input files just in PowerDirector in the Produce window to something with the same or similar frame rate and bit rate to preserve the video quality? You could perhaps use Format Factory or suchlike if you need batch conversion to save time…
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I can't beleive this software does not support one of the most common Nikon cameras?

it was discarded by Apple and became a security risk.

you're not the only one...

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV 4K video problems -> http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51722.page

like Jirka.Bolech said. convert then import to PD; however, i didn't have any problems importing

and export to MP4 container.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
On 3 different PCs here, PDR has no issue with import or playback of MOV files from quite a few Nikon cameras, including the D3200. One of my cameras is D5300 - similar video properties - never an issue.

All PCs have K-Lite codec packs installed. Where quicktime is installed, updates are disabled for security. Some functions aren't available without some form of QT installed.

Info from Codec Guide

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!