Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problem playing two video clips one after the other
RPavlis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2016 10:46 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
When I select the start of a video clip or any place inside a video clip, it plays properly. If
I have two video clips next to each other on the timeline and set a
point in the first clip, it plays properly to the end of the clip. Then
the video portion of the next clip plays properly, but without sound.
After a few seconds the video stops, and the sound that was missed
plays. Once the sound catches up to video, both proceed together
properly.

I've tried several different video clips. They are recorded at 24 fps.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you've given enough information for any body to help really. When you say 'play' do you mean that you are previewing your timeline? It may be that you have got your preview set at too high quality and your computer isn't powerful enough to cope. If this is the case, then try producing what you have got on the timeline and only then play the resulting video. Does that play correctly?

If I am guessing incorrectly then perhaps a screenshot of your timeline and also the dxdiag.txt file from your computer may help.
RPavlis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't think you've given enough information for any body to help really. When you say 'play' do you mean that you are previewing your timeline? It may be that you have got your preview set at too high quality and your computer isn't powerful enough to cope. If this is the case, then try producing what you have got on the timeline and only then play the resulting video. Does that play correctly?

If I am guessing incorrectly then perhaps a screenshot of your timeline and also the dxdiag.txt file from your computer may help.

When I say play I am previewing the timeline.

I tried several qualities including low and got the same thing.

My computer is an i5, windows 8. I don't think this is the problem since a preview of a video runs fine as long as i don't try to cross over from one to another. A single video has no trouble playing. The problem is moving from the end of one to the beginning of another.

Producing the video is not going to help. Even if that works, the problem prevents proper editing of the clips.

A screen shot won't show anything, except two videos in the time line? What is and where do you find dxdiag.txt file?
RPavlis [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've taken a video of the problem. Attached.

About 2/3 of the way through at about 2:00 on the time line, the timeline marker stops, and the missed sound starts. When it catches up to the video, the time line marer starts moving again.
 Filename
Capture.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
27227 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
109 time(s)
RPavlis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here is a similar file - smaller size
 Filename
Capture_2.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7897 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
318 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A screen shot won't show anything, except two videos in the time line? What is and where do you find dxdiag.txt file?

A screenshot sometimes paints a picture that words have failed to describe smile

Re dxdiag - have a read through this thread the 4th post and that will explain.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Did you try actually producing a video to see what the end result is like. Your video looks to me as if your computer is 'running out of steam' when it's trying to display the live preview.
RPavlis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you try actually producing a video to see what the end result is like. Your video looks to me as if your computer is 'running out of steam' when it's trying to display the live preview.

I produced a video - mpg low resolution. When viewed in the Produce screen (I assume this shows the produced video) it hass the same problem as in the preview described above. When I open the produced file in Media player, it has only sound - no video.
RPavlis [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also produced a wmv file. the preview had problems, but the prodeuced file seems to be OK.
RPavlis [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Here is a similar file - smaller size

here is the DxDiag.txt file
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
72 Kbytes
 Downloaded: