Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've found that the software MPC-HD with the LAV filters and madVR play 3D correctly on my computer and projector.

Unfortunately, PowerDVD doesn't fully support blu-ray 3D, at least on computers with Intel HD integrated graphics.
I have an HTPC (Intel Core i5-6500 CPU and HD Graphics 530) with PowerDVD 16 connected to a Sony VPL-HW40ES HD Projector and Sony PS3 IR 3D glasses.

3D blu-rays played by PowerDVD 16 on the HTPC feel like they're playing at half-rate per eye -- 12 Hz per eye -- giving a sense of flicker and image shearing during motion or horizontal pans. When a scene is cut I can sense the wipe from one eye to the other as the scene transitions in a two-frame increment. During a scene like the animated Marvel logo in Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm seeing flickers of black as the large bold graphic moves and sweeps around.

With a cheap blu-ray player connected to the projector, 3D is great.

3D also works fine through my PS4.

But PowerDVD 16 seems to be doing something wrong. It's not sending or triggering some sort of temporal upsampling to give faster per-eye refreshes to make the 3D look smooth.

Is this a known problem with PowerDVD? Is there a solution? Or is there some required computer hardware I need that maybe I don't for PDVD to fully support 3D blu-ray playback?

thanks!
How do you control PiP features in a DVD or blu-ray? When a special feature like that plays, I see the video playing in the inset PiP, but I can't select it to get its audio.
Thanks.

Turns out to be a moot issue for now. The "region free" blu-rays I was concerned about turned out to be (high quality) pirated copies. (Which I returned when I discovered that.)
Thanks!
Will PowerDVD 16 Ultra in Region 1 play "Region Free" blu-rays?

I know the answer should be self-evident. But I've never used Region Free discs, much less in PowerDVD. I want to make sure there's not problem before I start spending money on discs.

Thanks.
"Back to the Future Part II (1989)" was wrongly associated with some schlock horror movie "[Rec] 2". I changed the movie associate to the correct BTTF II with the PowerDVD tools. I quit POwerDVD and re-ran it...and now half my movies are set to Back to the Future Part II, with the BTTF II poster!

What's going on? Why is PowerDVD butchering my library like this? How can I use it if it randomly destroys library info when I use its own features to correct its own incorrect data?

Do I have to turn off the MoovieLive connection and confgure my library manually?

Gah!
Thanks, will check out the other thread.

PowerDVD is doing a great job in its core task: playing discs and ISOs. But I wish its library presentation features were equally strong.
Is it possible to change where PowerDVD gets its movie info? I'd rather use IMDb or even TheMovieDB.org. MoovieLive is really bad, and PowerDVD can't even find movies listed in MoovieLive sometimes. I'd like to change the source to a quality movie database website. Is this possible?
I did the uninstall and re-install process, and re-added my libraries. Nothing changed. Based on the manual, PowerDVD's TV Library doesn't use recognize or playback ISOs. It's only for video files from PVRs / DVRs

From the manual:
http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/user_guide/powerdvd/16/V.16UGs/PowerDVD_ENU.pdf

"The TV Shows section is where TV show video files you recorded with a PVR are found in the PowerDVD media library."

"Movie files are DVD/Blu-ray Disc* folders, and individual video files (movie files you recorded with a PVR) that are saved on your computer's hard drive. TV shows are videos you recorded with a PVR."
I think I found the problem: the TV Library is for DVR / PVR shows. It's not for TV on DVD / Blu. Those have to be mixed in with the Movies.

That's disappointing.
A quick edit: The TV shows are organized slightly differently than the movies. They are in a Seres / Season nested folder structure, like this:

Series Name Folder
- Season 01 Folder
- - ISO 1
- - ISO 2
- Season 02 Folder

But I wouldn't expect that to be a problem, since PowerDVD searches down into directories.
I added my folders with ISOs of TV show DVDs and blu-rays, and PowerDVD doesn't show them: The TV library is empty. It shows only the button to bring up the Settings...with my TV directories added.

The TV folders and ISOs are like my Movies folders with ISOs. Movies work fine. TV shows don't.

How do I get PowerDVD to find and show and play my TV shows?

Thanks.
Oh. I thought there was a way to set meta-data for files, when MoovieLine doesn't have it or doesn't find it.
Ok found a kludge: Move a folder or file out the library folder, and then move it back in.
Quote: Hi DaveF,
PDVD's movie info come from MoovieLine.com
You can turn off the movie info features under Settings-->Player Settings-->Movie Info and than manipulate the info manually.

Best regards
Hicham

How do you set the info manually? I turned off the Movie Info as you described. But there's no way to set the info, except for cover art.
Also, is there a way to submit data requests to MoovieLive?

It doesn't know "Back to the Future III"! Seriously, how can a movie database site not know Back to the Future III?

http://www.moovielive.com/search/searchResult.jsp?keyword=back+to+the+future+III&pageIndex=1&orderby=&ndesc=1&pageCount=10&type=movie&x=0&y=0#back%20to%20the%20future%20III:1:10::1:movie
The Settings for the library says Power DVD will update when changes are new media are added to the folders.

This doesn't always happen. It sometimes ignores new media.

How can I force it to refresh the library when it fails to update automatically?
Is it possible to use MoovieLine by default, but manually add information for items it doesn't find? I see how I can edit the data it finds from MoovieLine. But if it finds nothing, I can't find a way to add information to an unidentified movie / show.

Hopefully it's not all or nothing.
What does that mean "import"?

I set folders for the Movie library. But PDVD 16 is inconsistent in finding new files that are added to that folder. It can happen instantly. But often it takes hours or days before they are discovered. Sometimes it requires quitting and relaunching. Sometimes that doesn't work either and I have to delete the library from PDVD and re-add the folders, so PDVD will rebuild everything all over again.
Go to: