Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Blu-ray is choppy or doesn't sync with projector correctly
DaveF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2016 17:15 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I have an HTPC (Intel Core i5-6500 CPU and HD Graphics 530) with PowerDVD 16 connected to a Sony VPL-HW40ES HD Projector and Sony PS3 IR 3D glasses.

3D blu-rays played by PowerDVD 16 on the HTPC feel like they're playing at half-rate per eye -- 12 Hz per eye -- giving a sense of flicker and image shearing during motion or horizontal pans. When a scene is cut I can sense the wipe from one eye to the other as the scene transitions in a two-frame increment. During a scene like the animated Marvel logo in Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm seeing flickers of black as the large bold graphic moves and sweeps around.

With a cheap blu-ray player connected to the projector, 3D is great.

3D also works fine through my PS4.

But PowerDVD 16 seems to be doing something wrong. It's not sending or triggering some sort of temporal upsampling to give faster per-eye refreshes to make the 3D look smooth.

Is this a known problem with PowerDVD? Is there a solution? Or is there some required computer hardware I need that maybe I don't for PDVD to fully support 3D blu-ray playback?

thanks!
DaveF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2016 17:15 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I've found that the software MPC-HD with the LAV filters and madVR play 3D correctly on my computer and projector.

Unfortunately, PowerDVD doesn't fully support blu-ray 3D, at least on computers with Intel HD integrated graphics.