Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi Ashkaan,

We support this only for BD/DVD so far.

Best regards
Hicham

If "so far" means since inception, this statement is accurate.

File based frame rate switching has never been an option and apparently never will be.
Could be, I'll check and report back. Thanks QC2.
The command line examples above were found from previous versions of PDVD found on this forum. They are not applicable to the current version - there is no PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe in the current versiuon.

Having access to the complete list of command line arguments is valuable for those using PDVD as an external player launched from a media application, like EMBY or PLEX.
No offense taken - I own PDVD 16 Ultra and have NO IDEA what command line arguments exist for this version. That's why I asked.
How about you contact the support team and let everyone here know the answer. I'm sure others would appreciate the answer as well.
Can someone please advise if these command line arguments are stll available for PDVD16?

Local File Playback: For Video, Photo, Music files, provide the file fullpath as the first argument of PowerDVD PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe <filename>

The filename has to be quoted if the path contains space character.

Examples: > PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe “D:\my works\birthday.mkv”

Starts PowerDVD and play D:\my works\birthday.mkv video

> PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe “E:\cyberlink.mp3”

Starts PowerDVD and play E:\cyberlink.mp3 audio clip

DVD, Bluray Disc (optical) Playback: For DVD and Bluray optical disc playback, provide the drive letter as the last argument of PowerDVD following the first argument “AUTOPLAY” and disc type as second argument: PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY <DriveLetter>

Examples: > PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY DVD F:\ Starts PowerDVD and play DVD disc in F:\ drive > PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY BD G:\ Starts PowerDVD and play Bluray disc in G:\ drive

DVD, Bluray Disc (HardDisk) Playback: For DVD and Bluray disc folder playback, provide the full path as the last argument of PowerDVD following the first argument “AUTOPLAY”: PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY <path to root folder, index.bdmv or VIDEO_TS.IFO>

Examples:

> PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY F:\SomeBlurayTitle\BDMV\index.bdmv Starts PowerDVD and play Blu-ray folder rooted in F:\SomeBlurayTitle\

> PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY F:\SomeBlurayTitle\ Starts PowerDVD and play Blu-ray folder rooted in F:\SomeBlurayTitle\

> PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY F:\SomeDVDTitle\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO Starts PowerDVD and play DVD folder rooted in F:\SomeDVDTitle\

> PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe AUTOPLAY F:\SomeDVDTitle\ Starts PowerDVD and play DVD folder rooted in F:\ SomeDVDTitle\
Hicham,

I don't know how I can be more clear. You are obviously not familiar enough with the software you are trying to support. PDVD DOES NOT automatically adjust the video refresh rate for file based video - you even acknowledged this fact in a recent thread. It is the primary reason most people use a free player (MPC etc) for most videos; just about every other player out there handles this important feature - except PDVD.

The first image shows a video with a rate of 23.9762 playing at 60hz, the player did NOT change the rate to 24 - it never does, the second video played with MPC shows the correct rate.

I would encourage you to become a little more familiar with the software you're trying to support.

Did you even read your previous response in another thread?

"We support this only for BD/DVD so far. We will take it as a suggestion for a new feature.
Thank for your interest. "
From another thread:

Subject: PowerDvd 16 - Still no auto refresh change with file based videos [Up]
Cyberlink-Hicham

Administrator
[Avatar]

Hi DellaDog,

We support this only for BD/DVD so far. We will take it as a suggestion for a new feature.
Thank for your interest.

Best regards
Hicham
Quote: Hi DellaDog,
You can handle this under Adapter properties. But you don't have to.
The file playback rate is in the source material.
If it is 1080p24 so PDVD will play it back in 1080p24.
If it's a 1080p60, so PDVD will give it back in 1080p60.
You will even not see in witch format it is played back.

I'd like to see a little clip of this if it's possible. Please capture some, and share it her, to more understand the issue.
Hicham

Unless something has changed recently, no it does not change the dispaly rate - FOR FILE BASED VIDEOS.
Does your display (tv, monitor) change its rate from say 60hz to 23.976?
Hicham,

When playing a BluRay disc, PDVD will change the screen refresh rate to the appropriate rate; it does NOT, however, change the video display rate for FILE based videos, like .mkv, avi etc.
Quote: Hi VAMET,
First question-->http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download_en_GB.html

Second question--> There are no information available yet. If there are some news, they will be announced her in the forum, and over the Homepage.

Third question-->Where can you see if it's 1080p24 or 1080p60? The switch should happen automatically. Please post a screenshot

SUP files work fine on my side.

Greetings
Hicham

Sheesh, FILE PLAYBACK rate switching doesnt happen in PDVD. Been asking for this for years.
Butt out. I don't need a lecture from a fanboy.
Quote: Regardless, this is very good information and it's good that it has been made public.

Agreed. Reason enough to NOT use PDVD till the snooping is removed.
There's no need to provide a file sample. ANY video file you use WILL NOT change the display rate to match the source rate, like a BluRay disc does (24)

If you can't reproduce, then you don't understand the issue.
Quote: I think he means having files like MKV/AVI/MP4 auto change to 23.976/24hz etc. Or is auto refresh still limited to DVD/Bluray discs. Something i'd like to know also. Would upgrade from PDVD 15 if its the case.

That's it. And, no, still no file based rate change.

That's why I stick w/ the free, open sourced MPC-HC.
I guess this part through me: forum.cyberlink.com
How much they pay you to keep saying that?
Quote: Hi folks

i'm able to run Power DVD 16 from Kodi same as before. However I think some changes have been made to the command line arguments. Is there an updated list posted? I'd like to be able to specify PC or TV mode during a command line run for example.

Great question. I'd like the answer as well. Though if past history is any indication, we'll never get an answer here. (From Cyberlink)
Or am I missing something. Cyberlink never fails to dissapoint me with each new release.
Go to: