Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I found a work-around.

When I C/Z/P the first section of the cut clip, I just record the numbers on the right (Position X/Y, Scale Width/Height) at the last frame of the timeline. I can then use those same numbers on the first frame of the second part of the clip.

Clunky and kludgie but it works.
Quote What's not an option? .....

Produce a range.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/19_02_00_producing_range_pro.html

Note: * this feature is currently only available in the subscription version of CyberLink PowerDirector.

PD19 is not a subscription version.

That page states:
.In the produce window's preview window, use the player controls to find where you want the produced video to begin, and then click to set the mark in position. You can also drag the mark in position slider to this position.

I see no "'

Ok. Since you want that 5 second section cut out, use the Range Select tool then use Produce Range to convert the separate sections into a single clip for the C/Z/P tool. Produce using SVRT or Best Matched Format from the Profile Analyzer to keep the best quality.

Not an option in PD19.

I can't say I've ever needed to use Combine, but if you've split a clip and made other edits then want to restore the split clips, Combine would be a better option than undoing all the intermediate steps and redoing them afterward.

Is there a specific reason you want to combine the two ends of the cplit clip? As far as producing is concerned, PD doesn't care at all whether you have a combined clip or the two previously split clips back-to-back.

I need to perform a Crop/Zoom/Pan on the combined clip.
Quote Hello,

Combine is used to put a split clip back together. If you cut out 5 seconds, then it cannot become whole again.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

So under what circumstances can Combine be used? If I merely split a video file, Combine has no use as I can simply press Ctrl + Z to Undo the split.
Quote How to fix this message? None of my Cyberlink editing programs will start.

I have only ever loaded and run my PD 365 from one computer.

Open your Task Manager and scroll down, looking for either CyberLink RichVideo Module or PowerDirector. If either are running, select it/them and click on "End Task".

That should allow you to launch PD.
Tried to combine two sections of the same video clip (just removed about 5 seconds), but 'combine' was grayed out.

What am I missing?
For quite some time now, I'd had to manually adjust my audio track with my video track. (I use a lav mike and edit my audio tracks seperately before adding them to the PD15 library). usually, I have only needed to advance the audio 2 or 3 frames ahead of the video to match the two up.

However, this morning I started editing a scene and I had to LAG the audio a full 40 frames behind the video!

Forty frames! Jeez Louise! A full one and a third seconds behind the video! That's just obscene!

So let me backtrack a bit and clue you in on my procedure: When recording a scene, I get everything all set up. I hit the 'Record' button on the camera, then 'Record' on the audio recorder, then clap three times right in front of the camera. This gives me three visible spikes in both devices audio tracks.

In post, I drop both into the timeline and look for those three spikes. If I line them up visually in the timeline, the audio track is always lagging behind the video track's audio (which I mute for production). I found that advancing the audio track just 2 or 3 frames ahead of the lines them up perfectly.

However, today was just maddening. I had to slide the audio track a full 40 frames after the video for the two to 'line up' over the speakers.

What gives?
That's the ticket! For some reason I thought I had to click on the transition itself (not inthe timeline).
In PD 14, I was able to edit the Fade transition to Cross and change the default time from 2 seconds to 1. Then I was able to drag it to each position between video clips in the timeline without having to edit it at every location in the timeline.
Quote Simply double click the transition in the timeline and it will bring a window to change a few settings associated with the particular transition. Some transitions have more options than others.

Jeff

No, not edit it in the timeline. Edit the default transition itself. So instead of editing 30 transitions placed in the timeline, I edit it once, then insert the edited transition into the timeline.
I recall being able to edit a transition in PD14, but I'm unable to find out how to do so in PD15. Have I forgotten how, or is it no longer allowed?
Quote I record other audio also ... and sync. I haven't wished to speed up audio yet, but if I did, I would do all my editing and then, just before speeding up the video-audio and productioning the final product, I would

1)export just the audio (which is quick and easy). (I often use Audacity to edit my video audio)

2) I would then adjust the video (only) speed/length)

3) Then I would open that exported audio in Audacity (a great freeware audio editing program) and in Audacity I would change the length of the audio to exactly match the length of my sped-up video. (very easy and quick to do).

4) export the sped up (or slowed down) audio from Audacity as WAV and then imort that WAV file into your PD project.

5)They shoould match perfectly, ready to produce your final product.

Egads.... that sure looks like a very convoluted, roundabout way to do it. I have plenty of editing software to do this exact same thing, but when you have dozens of audio files to keep track of, this sounds like a nightmare.

Silly me..... I just edit the audio so it matches the length of the video right in PD15. If I speed up a video from 16:07:02 and it ends up at 15:24.19, I just edit the audio to the same 15:24.19. Sadly, although they are exactly the same length on the timeline, the audio doesn't line up with the video at the ends of the clips.
Well, that didn't work. Converted the audio to a .WAV and synched & edited it to match the timeline of the video. Still tends to drift. About 1 second per minute of video.
Oh, wait. My brain was idling too roughly.

I get it now. Using a .wav instead will prevent the drifiting. So I can speed up the video, check the clip's running time, then edit the audio to match it.

Sorry, sometimes I'm a bit dense. I'll give that a try.
Converting them to .WAVs is an easy thing to do, but that still doesn't address my issue of wanting to speed both the audio and video up without two productions.
I routinely record a separate audio track for my videos and synch it to the video, which is easy to do.

What I'd like to do is find an easier way to 'speed up' both the video and audio. Currently, I can't seem to do this. I can speed them both up using their respective speed adjustments, and they end up being equal time in the timeline. But the audio ends up 'drifting away' from the video even though they are identical in length.

I've tried copying the audio and pasting it into the video, but then I lose the ability to use the Power Tools to change the speed. Right now, my only option is to forgo any speed changes, produce the video, then edit the results. This is a huge time burden as the production can run into hours. Then to just make one small adjustment and produce it all over again is just out of the question.

What am I not thinking of?
My solution is to use the 4k/720p option of the Sony a6300.

You can emulate this by loading your video and producing a 720p copy. DO NOT EDIT it. Just produce a 720p file. Use the 720p copy to edit with. Save the project and close PD.

Then in your file manager, rename the 720p video (I use just '720'), then rename the 4k video to what the 720p WAS named.

Then relaunch the project and produce the finished video.
Well, that kinda sucks royal green weenies.
Yep.... crop, zoom, straighten and even distortion control will delete data and end up with a lower-resolution result.

I typically shoot 4k/720p (Sony a6300 allows recording both of the same scene). I use the 720p for editing, then swap in the 4k file for final production.
Go to: