Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing a Transition in PD15
Ken480 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 27, 2015 01:15 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
I recall being able to edit a transition in PD14, but I'm unable to find out how to do so in PD15. Have I forgotten how, or is it no longer allowed?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2017 21:13

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Simply double click the transition in the timeline and it will bring a window to change a few settings associated with the particular transition. Some transitions have more options than others.

Jeff
Ken480 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Simply double click the transition in the timeline and it will bring a window to change a few settings associated with the particular transition. Some transitions have more options than others.

Jeff

No, not edit it in the timeline. Edit the default transition itself. So instead of editing 30 transitions placed in the timeline, I edit it once, then insert the edited transition into the timeline.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I guess I'm not exactly understanding your desire. Are you sure you are talking transitions and not maybe titles?

You can put a transition in the "My Favorites" area and then in one step apply that transition to all transitions in the timeline, is that maybe the desire?

What transition do you want to edit, that might aide some understanding?

Jeff
Ken480 [Avatar]
[Post New]
In PD 14, I was able to edit the Fade transition to Cross and change the default time from 2 seconds to 1. Then I was able to drag it to each position between video clips in the timeline without having to edit it at every location in the timeline.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
For those two, go to PD pref, and then the "Editing" tab. There you can adjust the default transition duration and also set the cross/overlap behaviour.

Jeff
Ken480 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's the ticket! For some reason I thought I had to click on the transition itself (not inthe timeline).