CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Audio Director batch processing mode requires that you apply a preset to all the files. But I want my own adjustments, and cannot figure out how to make a new preset. If I edit a single file, I want what I did applied to all my other files..
But how do I edit multiple clips at once so that they have the same adjustments? Must I first merge them (how??), or will Produce merge them for me?
Can I do this all from within Power Director (using Color Director)?
Quote Thank you for posting a New Topic. Need a clarification here. The PD16 is installed on your old pc. PD17 is installed on your new pc. You want to move custom titles created in PD16 to be available in PD17 in your new pc. So far is all this all true?

The custom titles for PD16 is located at: \UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\My Titles. Copy the whole path to your new pc. Reboot the pc. This may work. On a normal installation PD17 gets this data if the PD16 is installed also on the same pc.

Let us know if this works.

It needed the reboot to see the titles. An import Wizard yould help.
I have a new computer (Win 10) and installed PD 17. But I need to get all of my custom title screens from my old PD 16. Where are they? They are not in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0.
For PowerDirector 16, my titles do not appear in the My Titles directory. Where are they, or is there another way to import them into PD 17?
Quote Are you unpacking the archive into a specific folder and running the install from there? Or are you doing it directly from Winrar?

Just double-clicking the first PD installer file. There is no choice about where to install it, or save the files.

There is an icon "Extract to" and next to File on top is "Command". That's where you tell it where to extract to.

Pick one of those.

No. As soon as I double click the installer file, the window pops up saying "extracting files to a temporary folder. Nothing to click, or any choices. But today after a reboot, it worked.

However it is uninstalling PD14, which I do not want. No choice there either.

And then, the other modules I must install exhibited the same hangs doing WinRAR. No time for another reboot now since I must produce a video.
Quote Are you unpacking the archive into a specific folder and running the install from there? Or are you doing it directly from Winrar?

Just double-clicking the first PD installer file. There is no choice about where to install it, or save the files.
Quote It asks for permission, and hangs while extracting WVEditor.

How do I fix this?

Windows 10 build 17046
Not enough information to give you an answer.

Please read and provide more information.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/quote/0/293379.page

Main thing we need is where did you buy PowerDirector 16, was it a download or the box version with a install DVD?

It was a download from the cyberlink store. Where are the temp files stored, maybe I can install it from there. I did see a Windows Post that PowerDirector 16 did not work at all on build 17046.

I also tried it as administrator, and from Windows Explorer launched as administrator. The former also hung the installer. The latter hung Windows Explorer.
I use PD 16 in a Parallels VM on my Mac Pro (2010), which has 12 cpus, 24 cores, and 32GB of memory.

I configured the VM (as usual) with 7 CPUs and 12GB of memory. But suddenly, the usual 4-6 hours to produce has jumped to over 100!

My CPU meter shows just 30-40% usage, and 37% of ram.

What could be wrong?

Jim
The titles are overlays on separate tracks.

Also, when i do the sync, PD moved the synched parts to new tracks, and this makes it really hard to see things if you have many tracks. Can I stop this?

How do I recover my titles, which I presume are hidden behind the moved tracks.
Go to: