Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Was there any resolution to this issue? In my previous versions of PD editing titles with scrolling text for 'ending credits' has been PAINFULLY slow. PD 365 is absolutely no better. Each change to the text or scrolling up/down takes 3-8 seconds at best and editing text size/color is the same. Painful. I have a pretty powerful PC too but maybe it's AMD Ryzen CPU's PD has an issue with?? I have a pretty strong Ryzen 5 3600X which is still up on the CPU Benchmark list. 32GB Ram. I had a GeForce GTX 1070 video card and updated to a Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB last month and still, no change, horribly slow. Everything else for the most part is good in PD although once in a blue moon audio will get all out of sync and I have to restart and then it's fine.

Anyway, I guess it's back to taking an hour to edit a title that should take 10 minutes...

I switched to DaVinci. PD is a lot easier to use though.
Where and what is Dynamic GOP?

Hi,

Are these custom titles, perhaps made in previous versions of PDR, or just any title?

I have no issues with title editing on PDR365 Business 20.3.2714.0.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, these have been made over the years. I probably have 200 titles in my custom folder.

I usually start with an old title and change it to a new one.
Since the last upgrade, editing Titles is painfully slow. It takes over a second to register each keystroke when entering text. It takes 15 seconds to save a title, and the cursor disappears. It takes another 15 seconds to get back to editing after I hit OK.

What has changed?

Editing anything else is fast, and I have a very powerful compoter with loads of memory. Windows 11.
I had about 5 versions of VC++ 2008 installed. So I uninstalled them. It would not reinstall again until I remaned

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\5-1-5-18. Bu9 PD 16 still gives this error. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\5-1-5-18 is still renamed. I am using Windows 11.

I am doing the install using Cyberlink Application Manager

Help please.

When one syncs via audio, it puts each clip in a separate timeline. Is there an easy way to move them all back to the same timeline? I wish PD did not do this because it makes it really hard to edit a large project since one must scroll both ways. And if the clips are all in the same timeline, the apply to all clips would work.

Thanks for the help.

The online Help manual is the quickest way to find where any tool or effect is located. See this related discussion on where Presets & CLUTs are now so you can use your custom CD Presets.

I accidentally hit Submit instead of Preview. More answers will follow.

I do not see the menu item.
Quote Oh I'm so sorry! Sometimes I answer a question without checking which forum it's in. yell

All the references to CLUTs and Color Presets being in the FX room are specific to PD20 and 365. In all previous versions, they're accessible from the Fix /Enhance tool after selecting the clip on the timeline.

This screen shot is from PD17 and shows where you should find them:

There is no Color Preset item in my PD 365. How do I get it to show? I made many presets in ColorDirector.
I am having multiple issues with my PowerDirector 365

1. The preset menu is not appearing in the Enhance menu. I made several presets in color director.
2. If I use the Match color option, how do I apply the results to multiple frames? Match color does not seem to be an option in Color Director, so I can't make a preset (if that worked!)
3. I have a fast i9 Dell computer with 32 GB of memory, and I am having issues with the multi-camera plugin. Both mp4 files have the identical sound track, and I did sync by audio. But as the selection process goes on, the audio is increasingly out of sync with the videos. If I pause and restart the process, they resync, but this makes it really hard to use the tool.
In PD 365, I run the MultiCam designer, and when done, click stop, and then OK, and the output is not imported into my project!

What do I do?
Quote Probably best to put a small video clip and your "Peace Concert 2021" audio in your dropbox, a few users will probably download and investigate.

Jeff

Well, this occurred when I tried to remove wind noise. I tried it again, and clicked the preview button. Audio played. Left that mode, and it all worked. There is a bug here somewhere.
I have one PowerDirector 20.0.2106.0 project tht is ready to produce. But all the audio in this project is gone when I try to play it. The audio track plays properly if I open it in AudioDirector, but not in the project. And all the separate clips also do not play audio if unmuted . What could I be doing wrong? I tried dropping the vvideos into a new pproject and it was also all muted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhuaw1nch9p7iz2/PDNoAudio.PNG?dl=0
Quote It must be the current demand on the CL servers indeed. About 12 hours ago, I could download and install all 365 software within 15 mins, including reinstallation after the essentials that confused me initially.

Why can't we just download the whole package file and install it? MUCH faster,
It has been 4 hours now, and of my 4 365 products, one has downloaded 15% (and timed out) and the other 6%. The other 2 0%.
Why can't we download the whole suite?

You always have to put titles (or any object) that you want to show "in front" of other clips on a lower track (UNLESS you've chosen the option to reverse the order of timeline tracks so the top-most track is always in front).

So with the normal setting, if your main clips are on track 1 your title would need to go on any track below that. If you have clips on tracks 1-5, your title would need to go on track 7 to appear in front of all the other objects.

This was always the case even when T tracks were available, although the default title track was always the lowest visual-based track on the timeline so you may not have noticed that it had to be there for the text to be visible.

So unobvious. The T track was easier. And I spent an hour looking for it or how to display it. The update notes did not discuss how to handle this.
Thanks.
Quote That's correct. I think CL finally made this change after hearing from many people that they didn't want to have so many default tracks that couldn't ever be removed. There's no real reason for those specialized tracks as the content they were dedicated to could easily be placed on any standard track

The Sticky posts/FAQs at the top of the forum index page have all kinds of useful details. Here's the main one which also has a link to the main user interface changes.

If I put titles on a video track, they do not appear over the main video the way they did on the "T" track. So how do I add Titles as overlays, or how do I get back the "T" track?
The Audio Director batch processing mode requires that you apply a preset to all the files. But I want my own adjustments, and cannot figure out how to make a new preset. If I edit a single file, I want what I did applied to all my other files..
But how do I edit multiple clips at once so that they have the same adjustments? Must I first merge them (how??), or will Produce merge them for me?
Can I do this all from within Power Director (using Color Director)?
Quote Thank you for posting a New Topic. Need a clarification here. The PD16 is installed on your old pc. PD17 is installed on your new pc. You want to move custom titles created in PD16 to be available in PD17 in your new pc. So far is all this all true?

The custom titles for PD16 is located at: \UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\My Titles. Copy the whole path to your new pc. Reboot the pc. This may work. On a normal installation PD17 gets this data if the PD16 is installed also on the same pc.

Let us know if this works.

It needed the reboot to see the titles. An import Wizard yould help.
I have a new computer (Win 10) and installed PD 17. But I need to get all of my custom title screens from my old PD 16. Where are they? They are not in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0.
Go to: