Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Migrating from PD 16 to a new computer
jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have a new computer (Win 10) and installed PD 17. But I need to get all of my custom title screens from my old PD 16. Where are they? They are not in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for posting a New Topic. Need a clarification here. The PD16 is installed on your old pc. PD17 is installed on your new pc. You want to move custom titles created in PD16 to be available in PD17 in your new pc. So far is all this all true?

The custom titles for PD16 is located at: \UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\My Titles. Copy the whole path to your new pc. Reboot the pc. This may work. On a normal installation PD17 gets this data if the PD16 is installed also on the same pc.

Let us know if this works.
jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for posting a New Topic. Need a clarification here. The PD16 is installed on your old pc. PD17 is installed on your new pc. You want to move custom titles created in PD16 to be available in PD17 in your new pc. So far is all this all true?

The custom titles for PD16 is located at: \UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\My Titles. Copy the whole path to your new pc. Reboot the pc. This may work. On a normal installation PD17 gets this data if the PD16 is installed also on the same pc.

Let us know if this works.

It needed the reboot to see the titles. An import Wizard yould help.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It needed the reboot to see the titles. An import Wizard yould help.

PD does have an import wizard, but it's automatic and internal and isn't exposed in the GUI.

Just to be 100% certain that you're looking in the right places for all the MyTitles folders, \(your user name)\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\My Titles is just one of the possible locations, especially if you've moved your Documents system folder or changed where the main OneDrive folder is located.

On my system, I have MyTitles folders from different PD versions in 3 different locations, none of which are in my user name folder:

You may also want to download and install the amazingly fast and completely free Everything app to quickly find literally anything and everything on your PC. It's many times faster than using the standard Windows search, and that should quickly let you find the titles you're looking for.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2019 12:26

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°