Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to download effects (fx) from DirectorZone website?
BabaLuchiNYC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 09, 2020 23:03 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I have been trying to download video presets from the website. I'm assuming those are the effects that would go in the "fx" section of PowerDirector? But whenever I download one it has a file extension of cdadj (ColorDirector) or pdadj (PhotoDirector). In each effect's page, it says that the effect was created in ColorDirector or PhotoDirector and that it is available for PowerDirector. I click on the files after they download and I get the message saying that they were successfully installed but they are nowhere to be found in PowerDirector. I noticed that PowerDirector effects files have the dzp extension. I am using PD18. Thanks for any help you can give me.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Once you get the confirmation message, you should see the preset in the FX | Downloaded Presets folder.

You may need to expand the folder view to see the full text. I just downloaded and installed the Vorgabe 1 preset and kept PD open the whole time:

BabaLuchiNYC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much for answering my question and for trying to help me. I don't have the same layout that you do. Here is what my layout looks like. I'm pulling my hair out over here because my video is done, I just don't like any of the filters/effects that come with PD so I wanted to download new ones and for some reason they do not show up in PD.
[Thumb - PD18.PNG]
 Filename
PD18.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Oh I'm so sorry! Sometimes I answer a question without checking which forum it's in. yell

All the references to CLUTs and Color Presets being in the FX room are specific to PD20 and 365. In all previous versions, they're accessible from the Fix /Enhance tool after selecting the clip on the timeline.

This screen shot is from PD17 and shows where you should find them:

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
BabaLuchiNYC, they won't be in the Fx area as noted since you said you have PD18. Try looking in the "Fix / Enhance" menu above the timeline and then "Color Presets & CLUTs" and see if you have it there. You can use the filter at the top to just show CLUTs if that helps.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote All the references to CLUTs and Color Presets being in the FX room are specific to PD20 and 365. In all previous versions, they're accessible from the Fix /Enhance tool after selecting the clip on the timeline.

That was a PD19 feature, so PD19/20 currently are the two versions that have the CLUTs in the Fx room.

Jeff
BabaLuchiNYC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Woohoo!! I found them exactly where you said they would be. Thank you optodata!!! Now I can go on a downloading spree!
jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Oh I'm so sorry! Sometimes I answer a question without checking which forum it's in. yell

All the references to CLUTs and Color Presets being in the FX room are specific to PD20 and 365. In all previous versions, they're accessible from the Fix /Enhance tool after selecting the clip on the timeline.

This screen shot is from PD17 and shows where you should find them:

There is no Color Preset item in my PD 365. How do I get it to show? I made many presets in ColorDirector.