Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you - again! Yes, probably too time-consuming for me to fiddle with timings etc. Let's hope I'm back to normal speech pacing in the next video because it's been so helpful to have youtube transcribe so accurately and with helpful spacing up til now. Appreciating your input
Thank you so much - that's really helpful. Not particularly the answer i wanted as I have no idea how to get YouTube to do captions like it usually does, but very good to know where the problem is.
Thank you very much for the response.

I've uploaded the .srt file.

The process I've used is a bit convoluted, but the quickest way I've found to create simple 5 minute natural videos that I'm happy to share.

In case relevant, here's what I do every time I record a video:

1. Record a video using a webcam and a separate mic, creating an MP4 file

2. Put the MP4 into PowerDirector, adjust the lag on the audio and video by unsplitting them and moving the audio backwards so the video starts 3 frames early. Then I recombine audio and video, and trim a second or two at either end where I've given myself a moment before starting / after ending. That's literally all the editing I do. Then I produce the video as an MP$.

3. Upload the MP4 to YouTube privately. Wait for it to generate subtitles automatically.

4. Edit the subtitles very slightly (capitalise letters, add punctuation, remove 'ers' etc). Then export the subtitles as an srt file.

5. Go back to the same PD project, and import the srt file. Usually at this stage (and I've probably done this 3 times before?), everything works perfectly, and the subtitles appear just as they were in the youtube version. But today nothing I do will stop the words all splitting up and I really don't want to spend hours doing the subtitles manually in PD.

6. Then I normally produce the project again, and publish it on YouTube.

Any insights would be very gratefully received. We're now 19:00 in the UK so I am unlikely to be back with this again until tomorrow because I'm tied up from shortly. Thank you so much again
Hi fellow members

I am trying to import an SRT file into my PowerDirector project. I've done this several times before and everything has worked well.

However, this time, when I import the file, the sentences of the subtitles are breaking into very small chunks of one or two words, and their timing has gone wrong as well - they are all a second or two out.

Any idea what can be going wrong?

Thanks!
Thank you CS, I appreciate your taking the effort to put in that thought!
That's great - thank you CS - I really appreciate that. I will try next time!
Thank you Jaime-esque and CS2014.

I actually double checked it had gone on!! Anyway, I needed to get everything out, so painstakingly went through and redid each slide of bullets.

I noted down start time of the bullet appearing, then deleted it and replaced it with a new text box.

It's taking me hours to put bullets on tho!

Do you know of an online tutorial which could help? I'm sure there are ways of making it quicker.

Is there a way of quickly changing the fade effect at start and end of each bullet to 12 frames?

Or to make the default of a transition fade 12 frames rather than 2 seconds?

I use 12 second fades a lot!!

Thanks
I'm trying to use the title editor to put bullet points into a presentation.

I'm going mad trying to get the titles the same size - would love some help!

All I'm trying to achieve is to have the bullet font the same size within a particular list - but I'm finding I'm having to do it by eye because I can't make putting the text size in at '8' for example bring it all into line.

I'm attaching a screen shot.

I'd love some help! - have had a look for previous threads but not seeing anything that matches and that I can understand.

Thank you...
Thank you!
I've just produced it and it's perfect. Sorry to take up your time with such a beginner error, but thank you so much for sorting it - it's a relief to have some help.

Please stop here if you like - I have another question about how to approach next week so I can get things done efficiently which is below in case you are willing to answer it.

The title I've been asking about is part of a standard start sequence for the 10 tutorial videos I am creating.

As soon as I get back on Monday, I am planning to make a standard end, plus standard transitions / pdf insertion etc.

I'm imagining putting them all into one project with no other content.

Then each time I start a new project for one of the 10 tutorials, I can import the standard project. Does that sound like the best way to do it?
Why didn't I think of that!

I've just done it with Arial, and the same thing is happening. Is that just what happens with a video - that you lose the crispness of text? It's like the font just starts looking messy...
that seems to work fine

Could there be a problem with adding attachments to messages at the moment?
Clicked post reply, added the attachment, and got the blank page again.

I'm trying again without the attachment to see if I can post.
That's very kind!

Here's what I wrote. I'm not sure how to add the attachment to this reply tho?

I am having a problem adding a title to my video in Yanone Kaffeesatz.

Whether I do it as text or as a png image, the text distorts as the attachment shows.

Shot 1 is how it looks when I edit the clip. I want it to look like this.

But Shot 2 is how it looks when I play it back - the text has gone pixellated.

Can anyone assist?

I am trying to make a new topic in the members' forum.

Each time I post my message, a blank page comes up: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page

My message doesn't seem to be posted.

I am desperate for some help, and so am trying pasting a reply to my old topic to see if anyone can support

Thanks
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Do app makers change apps if they become aware of devices that their apps don't work on, or is it more likely to be a question of me waiting until my next tablet upgrade? Don't know if that's an answerable question!
I have an Asus Transformer Pad running Android 4.4.2. Google Play says the PowerDirector app isn't compatible with it. I have PD 13 on my PC and I love it! Wanting to get my daughter into editing on her tablet, and I am so frustrated not to be able to get it. Is anyone able to help me with why, and if there's anything I can do?

I'd so appreciate any help.
Sorry, that message sounded a bit terse! It was pasted from an email.

If anyone could help, I'd be truly grateful.
I have an Asus Transformer Pad running Android 4.4.2. Google Play says the PowerDirector app isn't compatible with it. I have PD on my PC and I love it! Wanting to get my daughter into editing on her tablet, and I am so frustrated not to be able to get it. Could you tell me why, and if there's anything I can do?
I took an unexpected break from editing and have only just logged back on to the forum to find this. Thank you so much for the detailed reply. I really appreciate it. I am on the case with the slides!
Go to: