Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK, for all of you people suffereing with a veriety of problems in PDVD7, here's some info:

I have just found out via several different sources that there are certain newer libraries (software modules for those who don't understand the term) that are INCOMPATIBLE with several software packages, but MOST importantly with certain SYMANTEC ANTIVIRUS apps, PARTICULARLY VERSION 10 A/V products such as Symantec Corporate Suite 3x or stand alone A/V 10x.

Amongst other things, you will get the previously referenced message in this thread above. DISABLING will NOT solve the problem... try uninstalling and try PDVD... if all works, you found the problem, HOWEVER, I wouldn't run a program that won't allow your antivirus to work.

Just a tad bit of info....
Hopefully Mr Chou will read this and some help will be forthcoming.

I found this message on another board from Mr Chou, so maybe he will take a look in these forums and see what's happening....

Dear Customer,

This is James, the Manager of CyberLink Customer Service. We saw the XP 64bit issue you posted on 5th May. We have release a new build to solve this issue few weeks ago. Please go to CyberLink Website and download the latest build of PowerDVD Trial version(http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/trials_1_ENU.html) to see if this problem is solved. Thank you and hope you enjoy CyberLink's products.

James

So it seems that Mr Chou is actively trying to help fix issues he finds!

If you read this Mr Chou, PLEASE look into the UPnP issues that I have posted about in these forums. Since I am a member here, you can also email me directly so we can hopefully rectify the problems.

I have been in contact with your Tech Support problem 5 TIMES already and they simply keep entering canned responses without even attempting to resolve the problems.

THANK YOU!
Thanks for the link to the 1813 Build.

Interestingly, Tech support, YESTERDAY August 12th, says Build 1725 is the latest.

After intalling, same problems exist unfortunately.

At least this 1813 Build doesn't have the InfoStealer virus that several other "1813" Builds that I have found.

Thanks for trying anyway!
I am seeing that many people are having issues with PDVD7 and am wondering if Tech Support was any help in getting "newer" versions? I have been told by Tech Support to download the "new" version which was supposed to be available Monday, August 6th, but the CNet download is the same one as before.

Anyone here have a different location for the download and/or have you gotten a newer version from them at all? Did it work?

Thanks
Is it giving you an error message? If so, what message? I am having a similar problem with browsing files on a UPnP server that sounds suspiciously like your problem. Look over my UPnP post here and see if it sounds familiar.
Check into Nero 7 which has a profile for IPOD videos or also look at SlySoft's CloneDVDMobile.

Either will encode to the format you need. I assume you KNOW that you cannot encode a protected DVD with either product. In order to do that, do some searches on Google "Convert DVD to IPOD" for a plethora of information.
Here's an update...

According to Tech Support, a NEW VERSION was *supposed* to be available on Monday, August 6, however it has not materialized. The link to the CNet download is still the prior version.

Has anyone here found a link to download directly from Cyberlink as opposed to CNet?

Has anyone here TRIED using UPnP?

Thanks for any replies!
I have been in contact with Tech Support and have done everything suggested with no avail. First, some particulars:

Machine is a Dell XPS 600 with a Pentium D 955 EE
Latest BIOS available
2GB RAM
Dual NVidia 7800 GTX in SLi Mode with latest 91.31 Drivers
Soundblaster X-Fi with latest drivers from Creative Website
Windows XP Pro CLEAN INSTALL with latest updates.

This machine has NO programs or other incidental items installed. It's as clean as possible.

When trying to view UPnP server, it shows the server and the directories, however when clicking on a directory to access the video files, the following dialog box appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Here's what Tech Support suggested:

Uninstall and delete any CyberLink PowerDVD files & Reg Keys.
Since the machine is a fresh install, there weren't any.

Upgrade DirectX to latest Version.
Already was DirectX 9c, but I tried anyway.

Get latest Video Card drivers.
Latest available drivers from NVidia installed. Even tried going back 1 revision.

Reduce Video settings to 1280x1024x16bit maximum.
OK.. just for giggles I did this and it was of no avail, but WHO in their right mind would have a VIDEO program that didn't use AT LEAST full 32bit color even if it DID work?

Get latest Sound Card Drivers
Latest ones from Creative's website installed.

Tech Support made this LATEST suggestion:

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 7.

Recently we have launched the latest build of PowerDVD 7. We suggest you to purchase the full version of PowerDVD 7 Deluxe software and test it on your system. If you won't like the software or software will not fulfill your needs, then you can return the software, as 30 day return policy is associated with any software purchased from Cyberlink website ie www.gocyberlink.com.

Please follow the link given below to purchase online :

cyberstore.jsp

If you have any further inquiry, then for immediate response, please use this reference:

index.jsp

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to Cyberlink Products.

Thank You and Best Regards

AHEM.... I resist the idea of buying a program that Tech Support doesn't support. If I KNEW that the program had added functionality with the full version, of course I would do so.

Does ANYBODY have UPnP working properly on their machine? My old version of PowerDVD works just fine and for me, there is NO reason to upgrade except for the UPnP functionality.

Thanks for any help.
Go to: