Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
IPOD Video format
Paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2006 20:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know how to load a DVD movie onto an IPOD video? 75hours of storage but it doesn't read DVD format. Thank.
Tuffley [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2006 10:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
They need to be encoded into the H.264 format which I know can be done using Quick Time Pro, however I think that the Divx format may also work, but am not sure.

Quick Time Pro is not the best program as the encoding times are long however I do not know if there is another program that does it out there.
ZazaBB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 09:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Check into Nero 7 which has a profile for IPOD videos or also look at SlySoft's CloneDVDMobile.

Either will encode to the format you need. I assume you KNOW that you cannot encode a protected DVD with either product. In order to do that, do some searches on Google "Convert DVD to IPOD" for a plethora of information.
bernie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2006 09:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
try apollo dvd to ipod. this will convert a dvd file (on a disc or in your pc) to MPEG4 format which the ipod plays. when it is converted use the "add file to library" in Itunes to load it to your ipod. i been there done that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2006 23:39