Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7 Errors, Versions and download locations.
ZazaBB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 09:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am seeing that many people are having issues with PDVD7 and am wondering if Tech Support was any help in getting "newer" versions? I have been told by Tech Support to download the "new" version which was supposed to be available Monday, August 6th, but the CNet download is the same one as before.

Anyone here have a different location for the download and/or have you gotten a newer version from them at all? Did it work?

Thanks
White [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2006 19:38 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

Latest version available here:-

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/PowerDVD.htm
ZazaBB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 09:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the link to the 1813 Build.

Interestingly, Tech support, YESTERDAY August 12th, says Build 1725 is the latest.

After intalling, same problems exist unfortunately.

At least this 1813 Build doesn't have the InfoStealer virus that several other "1813" Builds that I have found.

Thanks for trying anyway!
SLoweCSL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2006 13:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am still running the 1629 build from my initial purchase/download. Can you just install the latest trial version over the top of the current retail without a problem such as losing the activation/serial number?

Thanks Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older, it will avoid you.
-- Winston Churchill
Worm [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 02:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased version 7 build 1725. Tried to play a standard Mpeg file that my beyond tv PVR box recorded. Received the error 0xC0000005 when I tried to play the mpeg file from hard drive.

I uninstalled version 7. Re-installed version 5.0 and the file plays fine. Un-installed 5.0 and installed 4.0xp and it also plays the file fine. So I reinstalled version 7 and it crashed with the same error. I followed the link to build 1813 , installed it (and yes you can install trial version on top of the registered version without losing the code) and it also crashes with the same error code.

Re-installed version 5.0 and it works fine.

Something is up with version 7. I do not see any patches for it. Anyone have any suggestions by any chance?
Jones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 16:30 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just purchased version 7 build 1725. Tried to play a standard Mpeg file that my beyond tv PVR box recorded. Received the error 0xC0000005 when I tried to play the mpeg file from hard drive.

I uninstalled version 7. Re-installed version 5.0 and the file plays fine. Un-installed 5.0 and installed 4.0xp and it also plays the file fine. So I reinstalled version 7 and it crashed with the same error. I followed the link to build 1813 , installed it (and yes you can install trial version on top of the registered version without losing the code) and it also crashes with the same error code.

Re-installed version 5.0 and it works fine.

Something is up with version 7. I do not see any patches for it. Anyone have any suggestions by any chance?

Hi

no suggestions, unfortunately, just thanks for your post, which saved me similar grief. I have previously tried a legitimately purchased version 7.0, but have gone back to version 6.0, due to the inability of version 7.0 to play DivX & XVid files which V6 handles easily. It sounds like the problem still isn't sorted & is overdue a fix, in my opinion Gaz
Dude [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 23, 2006 00:59 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad I tried out version 7 before buying it. I would have been pissed if I paid $70 for something that didn't work. I went back to 6
Eclipse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2006 01:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I did buy it and tech support won't / can't help so I am pissed and I've asked for a refund if there is no resolution in sight. They immediatly canceled my license key and I have still not seen the credit on my credit card. SO BUYER BEWARE! This could get ugly.
Rebecca [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2009 08:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi - wondering if anyone can help.

Recently purchased Power Director Deluxe V.7 - tried installing into onto my VAIO laptop. Installed 60% - then I had to go out and chose to resume download later. When I went to do this an error message came up saying that server wouldn't allow this, 403=Forbidden, Aborting.

Since then I have tried recovering laptop, tried it on another PC but no joy - same message appers everytime I start download. Can anyone help as I can't find a phone number to call cyberlink and feel if I am not able to solve this problem that this has been a total waste of money!

Thanks