Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I noticed that it seems to be helped if I kill the powerdirector related process PDHanumansvr.exe
But the process always comes right back. From what I've read, it has something to do with shadow files?
Quote Hi,

There are many instances of "server busy" issues reported in all sorts of software/hardware systems but often relating to media handling, so this is not perhaps specific to PDR.

Example from Adobe Lightshop systems are here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/server-busy-error.html

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/server-busy-error.34313/

However see if this helps:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29302.page#160474

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

So far, no luck.

I've killed all non-essential processes and it still seems like it is doing the server busy pop up quite often.

I'm at my wit's end. Is there no other guidance you can provide?
Quote Where specifically are your project and video file stored? It does seem that they are possibly in the Cyberlink cloud service or on a network that is not a local hard drive.

That's the thing. They're stored locally on a brand-new, server grade SATA hard drive.
Quote Do you have PD Live? Sounds like either a slow internet connection or their server is overloaded. Could also be something in between mucking up the connection.

I don't think that I use PD Live, but it might be turned on...?

Also, I have fiber optic internet. It's pretty fast.
But, how would I turn off PD Live?
Help! I'm trying to work on a project, and almost everything I do results in a "server busy" pop up.

This happens when I load projects or try to import new footage. What causes this?
Quote No. You are not an idiot. If your PD15 is an upgrade instead of a full version then PD14 is removed. Others have the same problem. See this post for one user’s solution: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52208.page . You can also install the free WaveEditor in the link provided.. They function much the same way.

Let us know if this helps...

My copy of PD15 is full, and not the upgrade.
Quote Let us know if it opens in PD14 as expected.

Like an idiot, I uninstalled PD14.
I just upgraded from PD14 to 15, and for some reason WaveEditor won't launch from within the program. I did have it uninstall and re-install waveeditor when I installed PD15. Any ideas?
This may have already been brought up, but keyframes for masks should be implemented. And of course make the mask's scale/etc be independent of the scaling done with the video.

To get the effect I wanted I had to render a version of the clip I wanted where it grew and zoomed in, and then put that back into my project and threw a mask over the top of it so that it would scale WITHIN the mask. That's a lot of work that could be fixed by implementing that.
Really? Because no other piece of software has given me any trouble when I use that drive, including other Cyberlink software. And previously it installed PD13 without any issues.

In all my years of computing, this is the first I've experienced something quite like this. Two different versions of the same program, two different discs..
Hello everyone,

The issue is resolved. The problem was somehow caused by my optical drive. This is the only piece of software (this AND Powerdirector 13, which had installed properly from the same drive, previously) that has ever had a problem like this.

I put the same disc into an external drive, installed it, and it runs flawlessly. So, add this to your knowledge if a similar question pops up. It may be the optical drive.

Weird
I bought a brand new boxed copy from Amazon
I just received my copy of PowerDirector 14 in the mail. I had purchased it after PD13 had failed to load on this machine, after I made some hardware changes and reinstalled Windows. I had used PD13 extensively before that.

A few days ago I had installed the PD14 Trial, which installed and loaded without issue.

Now, after I click on the executable, l I am greeted with the following error. (note, this is before I ever see the splashscreen)

"PDR.exe - Bad Image

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\CtrlFactory.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error..."

I have uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller, reinstalled it.. I moved the files to a hard drive and installed them from there... I downloaded the latest patch, which removes the error but simply crashes the program upon loading. Before I get the splash screen, it says that PowerDirector needs to close.

I am at my wits' end. I need to be able to edit my videos, but BOTH versions have failed me. This is my second clean Windows installation. The only difference is my processor, and Windows is running from an PCIe SSD.
Thank you for all the replies. I attempted every single angle mentioned in this thread, but to no avail. I even cleared the drive, reinstalled Windows and the program still would not launch.

So, I downloaded the trial of Powerdirector 14, which installed perfectly. I then bought a copy of PD14. So, problem both solved and unsolved.
Let me explain my current situation. My processor died about a week or two ago. I bought a whole new motherboard, CPU, and had a brand new pcie SSD laying around. So, this weekend I rebuilt my system with those aforementioned devices. It has a clean Windows 7 Ultimate install, and no other programs seem to be giving me trouble. In fact, WaveEditor which came with PowerDirector loads without any issues.

I have made sure that all the windows updates have gone through, I have the latest version of Quicktime 7 installed as well. When I attempt to open PowerDirector, the process appears briefly (for about half a second) and then goes away. The splash/loading screen never appears.

Any help you can give would be great. I need to do some video editing as soon as possible.
Go to: