Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 14 will not load (PDR.exe - Bad Image)
[Post New]
I just received my copy of PowerDirector 14 in the mail. I had purchased it after PD13 had failed to load on this machine, after I made some hardware changes and reinstalled Windows. I had used PD13 extensively before that.

A few days ago I had installed the PD14 Trial, which installed and loaded without issue.

Now, after I click on the executable, l I am greeted with the following error. (note, this is before I ever see the splashscreen)

"PDR.exe - Bad Image

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\CtrlFactory.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error..."

I have uninstalled it with Revo Uninstaller, reinstalled it.. I moved the files to a hard drive and installed them from there... I downloaded the latest patch, which removes the error but simply crashes the program upon loading. Before I get the splash screen, it says that PowerDirector needs to close.

I am at my wits' end. I need to be able to edit my videos, but BOTH versions have failed me. This is my second clean Windows installation. The only difference is my processor, and Windows is running from an PCIe SSD.
[Thumb - pd14.jpg]
 Filename
pd14.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
41 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2016 18:52

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
May I inquire where you purchased the program?

edit: and please attach your dxdiag file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2016 19:10

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
I bought a brand new boxed copy from Amazon
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I think this is really an issue for Official Cyberlink Support. We are volunteers, fellow users. Although there is abundant technical and artistic knowledge here, your issue is unlikely to be solved here. I wish one of our best and brightest would pop in to verify my opinion. For now please try Support. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Just in case there's a problem on your computer, it wouldn't do any harm to run the system file checker. The way I do it is to right click on the desktop and choose 'new shortcut' then enter "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) click next and then right click on the new shortcut and select the option to run as administrator.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I bought a brand new boxed copy from Amazon
Two options:

1. Talk with Amazon support. They may send you a new disk.

2. Contact Cyberlink support.

Cyberlink Support: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Reijo1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2011 05:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought this program but are concerned at the beginning of the program displayed on the home screen photo ?

From it you can choose eg . The aspect ratio , the Full Feature Editor , Easy Editor , Expres Project , Theme Designer and Slideshow Creator .
I installed its first stop at all , and there it will start the window was visible but when I installed the nail so it disappeared ?
bottom corner of the program is to ruksattava point : Always enter the full feature editor?
Apparently, I'm ruksannut it?
And also the program itself is a " piece " of it I can get a view from there , but I have not found it ?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Reijo,
Welcome to the forum.
You have posted a totally unrelated question.
Please start your own topic/thread. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Reijo, What translator did you use to translate your post? It didn't do a good job. Try posting your question in your native language. You used the word "nail" and that is perhaps a bad translation as is the word ruksannut".

We will be happy to help. By the way, please start your thread rather than to add to this one. People get confused and users don;t know who is being addressed in a response. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello everyone,

The issue is resolved. The problem was somehow caused by my optical drive. This is the only piece of software (this AND Powerdirector 13, which had installed properly from the same drive, previously) that has ever had a problem like this.

I put the same disc into an external drive, installed it, and it runs flawlessly. So, add this to your knowledge if a similar question pops up. It may be the optical drive.

Weird
Reijo1234 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2011 05:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hei,

Olen pahoillani, sillä olen ensi kertaa tällä Foorumilla!
Käytin Google kääntäjää joka nyt on aika helppo käyttää.

Terveisiä täältä Suomesta sinne Atlannin taakse!

Terveisin Reijo
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, että yksi on käännetty oikein.

Se on mitä käytän.Ehkä käytit joitakin slangisanoja että kääntäjä ei voinut työskennellä.

Ole hyvä ja lähetä ensimmäinen kysymys uudelleen alkuperäisen Suomen jotta voimme yrittää ymmärtää sitä paremmin. jätä pois kaikki slangia että käytit ensimmäinen.

Ymmärrättekö sanan slangia? Ne ovat sanoja, joilla on erityinen merkitys paikallisesti.

Ehkä voit liittää pari kuvien osoittaa mikä on ongelma?

English:

Ok that one was translated properly. It is what I use.

Perhaps you used some slang words that the translator couldn't work with. Please post your first question again in the original in Finnish so we can try to understand it better. leave out any slang that you used in the first one.Do you understand the use of the word slang? They are word that have a special meaning locally.Perhaps you can attach a couple of images to show what the problem is? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The issue is resolved. The problem was somehow caused by my optical drive.Weird

Good that the problem is resolved. Not at all unusual though undecided.
[Post New]
Really? Because no other piece of software has given me any trouble when I use that drive, including other Cyberlink software. And previously it installed PD13 without any issues.

In all my years of computing, this is the first I've experienced something quite like this. Two different versions of the same program, two different discs..
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Really?

smile Yes - I used to support around 150 users with a mix of desktops and laptops and it was a common complaint - drives that just didn't 'like' a disc although it was OK everywhere else. Sometimes resolved by cleaning the drive and/or media, sometimes a drive on it's way out and sometimes just unexplained. No worries if it's sorted though.