Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 13 Ultra will not load
[Post New]
Let me explain my current situation. My processor died about a week or two ago. I bought a whole new motherboard, CPU, and had a brand new pcie SSD laying around. So, this weekend I rebuilt my system with those aforementioned devices. It has a clean Windows 7 Ultimate install, and no other programs seem to be giving me trouble. In fact, WaveEditor which came with PowerDirector loads without any issues.

I have made sure that all the windows updates have gone through, I have the latest version of Quicktime 7 installed as well. When I attempt to open PowerDirector, the process appears briefly (for about half a second) and then goes away. The splash/loading screen never appears.

Any help you can give would be great. I need to do some video editing as soon as possible.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2016 12:00

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Try uninstalling Quicktime and then install PD first and see if that makes a difference

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
We don't have much information to go on.

Maybe disable your malware scanner while installing Powerdirector 13.

Normally on a clean Windows 7 OS install, Powerdirector will install without problems.

PD13 does ask some questions during the installation, you should answer OK or Yes to all those questions.

It asks to install Quicktime and WaveEditor if neither is installed.

You should install the Powerdirector EXE before any of the Content Packs. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thank you for all the replies. I attempted every single angle mentioned in this thread, but to no avail. I even cleared the drive, reinstalled Windows and the program still would not launch.

So, I downloaded the trial of Powerdirector 14, which installed perfectly. I then bought a copy of PD14. So, problem both solved and unsolved.