Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thank you very much!
Is there someplace that describes the computer requirements for PD 18? I'm upgranding my laptop and want to be able to create projects from PD 18.

Thank you. I'll give that a try. Finding the "Ctrl + v has made life a lot simpler. Thanks again!

Thank you again. I followed your directions and it worked as you described. Thanks for taking the time to expain this process in a way that I could follow!

"Ctrl + v" is the common paste.

To see how the drop works, maybe try this.

1) place 3 Skateboard 01.mp4 from the sample clip media library in the timeline back to back
2) now select Skateboard 02.mp4 from the media library with left mouse button, hold the "Shift" key and drag down to someplace in the timeline of these 3 clips
3) The clips will split and the Skateboard 02.mp4 will be inserted and clips on the timeline moved to the right

That's the effect of hotkey "Shift + Drop" > Move all clips on the timeline to the right when a clip is dropped on another clip

Jeff

Thank you. I'll give that a try. Finding the "Ctrl + v has made life a lot simpler. Thanks again!
Quote "drop" simply refers to the user action of when a clip is dropped on another clip in the timeline.

Jeff

Thanks for your help! Using the "drop" as you mentioned hasn't worked for me. I have found that Ctrl. + v will allow me to drop a copied title or picture into my timeline. Using this "shortcut" allows me to copy items and drop them onto the timeline. Anyway, I would have preferred to use the hotkeys and customize some for my use but for some reason I haven't been able to do that. Thanks again for your help!!
Quote The online Help feature is the easiest way to find answers like this. Simply hit the F1 key and use the alphabetical index or click on this link.

This did help but I'm still confused about the "drop" key when using the hotkeys. I couldn't find anything that told me where on my keyboard I could find "drop" or what "drop" means in terms of Ctrl+drop. Can you either please expalin that or tell me where to find an explanation? I think it means "hold the Ctrl button and then click on something; but I can't figure out what else to click on. Thanks for your help!
Is there a description of how to create Hotkeys using PD 18? And, can you tell me how to use Alt+drop? or Ctrl+drop? Do I need a special keyboard for the "drop" feature?

Only video tracks are removed when you select that if that is your question. The effects, title, voice over, background music tracks will always remain from what I've seen.

Ash

Yes, that was my question. Thanks for your response!
Quote The button is still there, it just doesn't have text on it anymore. It now has a clock icon and is next to the crop button.

Ash

Excellent. Thank you very much. I found the button. One more question if I might. I am having trouble removing empty tracks on the timeline. I right click and I see an option to "Remove Emty Tracks" but when I click on that it doesn't remove the tracks that are clearly empty. Am I doing something wrong or are there certain tracks that just can't be removed?
On Power Director 16 I seem to remember there was a "Duration" button to click on just above the timeline (to change the duration of each photo on the timeline). I don't have this feature in PD 18 but have to click on the "more features" button next to the trash can (I think) and then select "Duration" from various other options. My question is: Is there a way to move "Duration" back to the line above the timeline rather than going into "more features" each time? Thanks for any help that anyone may offer!
Quote It's possible that there was/is a server outage on CL's end as was found in this thread. Other users have reported similar issues, like in this thread. You can also search the forum for additional posts, or contact CL tech support for direct assistance.

Thank you very much for the help. I still haven't resolved the problem but I did find the thread very helpful. I have also contacted the CyberLink support group (where I was less impressed). The fellow I talked to seemed to indicate that the problem was with my computer or my virus protection software. I'm skeptical of this being the problem (especially after reading the "tread" you sent) but I will contiue to work through the issue with them. Thanks again for your help!!
I recently upgraded from PD16 to PD18 and after completing a project I am unable to upload it to my cloud storage. I click on "file" and then "upload to cyberlink cloud" and now I get a notice that says something like "unable to connect to cyberlink cloud, check your internet connection and try again". After checking and finding out there is no problem with my internet connection I'm at a loss as to accessing the cloud to download previous projects or upload current projects. Seems to be an issue with the new PD18 program. Can you help?
Thank you very much. I'll check out these out.
Thank you for your quick response. I've never used the build in Wave Editor/Audio Editor and I'd like to try this as a fix to the volume adjustment problem I'm having with PD16 (can't increase volume without PD16 stopping). Can you tell me where I find this tool or point me in a direction where I can learn more about it? Thanks again. Jim
I'm having trouble editing a project in Power Director 16. The project is 1 hour long with photos, video clips and music. Every time I try to edit the "audio volume" in an individual vido clip (on the timeline) PD-16 freezes up and I have to use the "task manager" to end the proram. I've tried adjusting the volume in the audio mixing room but prefer clicking on the video clip and using the arrow on the audio portion to bring the volume up or down. I am about 99% finished with this project but still need to adjust the volumes on several video clips. Oh yea, PD-16 also froze up the last time I tried to "save" the project. When I first had this problem I "uninstalled" PD16 and then reinstalled it. That helped for a while but now PD16 just stops working when I enter the volume adjustment phase. Can anyone provide some advice?
The Alt approach still didn't work but the earlier post on the character map copy and paste did the trick. Thank you very much!
Is there a way to create the degree symbol when editing a Power Director project? I know how to do it with the Alt 0176 process in a word document but that didn't work in PD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks for the help! It worked and should save me a bunch of time. Thanks again for the quick response.
Is there a way to format a PD 16 project so that it can be saved and then later imported into a different project and used in that project? Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thank you for your help! This answered my question.
Go to: