Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hot keys
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 11, 2014 11:59 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a description of how to create Hotkeys using PD 18? And, can you tell me how to use Alt+drop? or Ctrl+drop? Do I need a special keyboard for the "drop" feature?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The online Help feature is the easiest way to find answers like this. Simply hit the F1 key and use the alphabetical index or click on this link.
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The online Help feature is the easiest way to find answers like this. Simply hit the F1 key and use the alphabetical index or click on this link.

This did help but I'm still confused about the "drop" key when using the hotkeys. I couldn't find anything that told me where on my keyboard I could find "drop" or what "drop" means in terms of Ctrl+drop. Can you either please expalin that or tell me where to find an explanation? I think it means "hold the Ctrl button and then click on something; but I can't figure out what else to click on. Thanks for your help!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
"drop" simply refers to the user action of when a clip is dropped on another clip in the timeline.

Jeff
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote "drop" simply refers to the user action of when a clip is dropped on another clip in the timeline.

Jeff

Thanks for your help! Using the "drop" as you mentioned hasn't worked for me. I have found that Ctrl. + v will allow me to drop a copied title or picture into my timeline. Using this "shortcut" allows me to copy items and drop them onto the timeline. Anyway, I would have preferred to use the hotkeys and customize some for my use but for some reason I haven't been able to do that. Thanks again for your help!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for your help! Using the "drop" as you mentioned hasn't worked for me. I have found that Ctrl. + v will allow me to drop a copied title or picture into my timeline. Using this "shortcut" allows me to copy items and drop them onto the timeline. Anyway, I would have preferred to use the hotkeys and customize some for my use but for some reason I haven't been able to do that. Thanks again for your help!!

"Ctrl + v" is the common paste.

To see how the drop works, maybe try this.

1) place 3 Skateboard 01.mp4 from the sample clip media library in the timeline back to back
2) now select Skateboard 02.mp4 from the media library with left mouse button, hold the "Shift" key and drag down to someplace in the timeline of these 3 clips
3) The clips will split and the Skateboard 02.mp4 will be inserted and clips on the timeline moved to the right

That's the effect of hotkey "Shift + Drop" > Move all clips on the timeline to the right when a clip is dropped on another clip

Jeff
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]

"Ctrl + v" is the common paste.

To see how the drop works, maybe try this.

1) place 3 Skateboard 01.mp4 from the sample clip media library in the timeline back to back
2) now select Skateboard 02.mp4 from the media library with left mouse button, hold the "Shift" key and drag down to someplace in the timeline of these 3 clips
3) The clips will split and the Skateboard 02.mp4 will be inserted and clips on the timeline moved to the right

That's the effect of hotkey "Shift + Drop" > Move all clips on the timeline to the right when a clip is dropped on another clip

Jeff

Thank you. I'll give that a try. Finding the "Ctrl + v has made life a lot simpler. Thanks again!
jimtall2343 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thank you. I'll give that a try. Finding the "Ctrl + v has made life a lot simpler. Thanks again!

Thank you again. I followed your directions and it worked as you described. Thanks for taking the time to expain this process in a way that I could follow!