Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Regarding the burning problem, I tried what was suggested above, and it still won't burn. I'm turning my direction to finding out if the burner is failed.

I'll let know where it goes.

When you get around to trying to resolve again, just use PD14 to create a folder with the "Burn in 2D" > "Create a folder". Make sure all your PD14 2D Disc settings are valid for your intent first. You then need nothing special and no additional software, you can simply burn this folder structure to BD with just Windows explorer as discussed here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51482.page#post_box_270180 and other threads.

Jeff

Thank you, Jeff. That will be helpful.
Quote Thanks for the update.

Regarding the BR issue, you can download and try IMGBurn for free and see if it will burn a disc when you have time. If not, it's likely that you'll need to get a new player/burner. At least they're not too expensive these days.

Thank you. That will be helpful when I get around to it.

Also, if you wanted to move up to PD17 (or 1, the problem doesn't (shouldn't) occur, so you have a few options here.

Because there is a workaround here, for now I'll stay with PD14, but it is good to know that PD17 would fix it.

I'm having another problem with PD14, and haven't heard of anyone else having it.

I originally bought PD12, and updated to PD14 in 2016. In the summer of 2015, I started burning Blu-Ray disks for friends and myself who had Blu-ray players, and continued to do DVDs for people only had DVD players. I shoot HD video, and Blu-Rays do a little better in playback quality.

This summer, I made the DVD disks as I normally did, but when I tried to burn the Blu-Rays, it would not burn them. It would mess up the disk (not reusable after it was tried), and give this error.

"Burning unsuccessful.
Error Code: eEB191784
CyberLink Power Director could not format this BD. The burning drive does not support this disc."

I tried the obvious, try several other blank disks, and slowed down the burn speed from 6X to 2X. It gave the same error message, but when the disc was popped out, a box came up that said "ither this drive or this disc is not ready" . When trying to burn at 6x, it didn't give that message.

I'm using the same brand and batch of Blu-Ray BD-R Verbatim disks as I've used in the past. My computer hardware has not changed. PD14 has not changed. The general disk format that I was creating did not change, other than video and audio content. Also, the PD14 software has the latest patch.

I was able to make an ISO file of the Blu-Ray with PD. I haven't tried to to create the Blu-Ray from that (I think I'd need to buy software to turn an ISO file into a Blu-Ray Disk)

I haven't yet tried just putting some data on a data formatted Blu-Ray.

So it is possible that the Blu-Ray reader/burner lost its Blu-ray laser (it still did the DVDs okay, which I'm told uses a different laser). I tried to see if anyone I know might have a USB burner drive, but most of my nearby friends aren't into that.

Or this could be another Cyberlink problem that just decided to start.

I've ran out of time to work on the problem, and will probably not get back to it for a while because of other more urgent work.

I approached Cyberlink asking them for help. They didn't have any up front answers. They've just suggested doing a lot of diagnostics.

Does anything suggest to you what might be wrong, and/or what might be the most efficient way to diagnose the problem?
Quote Hmm, the link works as expected on my end:

I have sent just the link in a new PM. Hopefully it will work this time!

The second email had the link. I just uploaded the 4 clip files and the project file I used.

The technique I used for noise reduction followed these steps.

Click on Button "Edit Audio" then select "Audio Director."

Push the RESTORE link and answer yes.

Open Noise Reduction, and select the radio button for "Noise Reduction" and then click "Next"

Use first radio button, select the first 1.7 seconds of the sound clip where there is no voice over.

Select Analyze button

Click Next

Select "entire audio content"

Click "APPLY"

Click "BACK"

Answer yes or something to go to the next step

It processes the file, goes back to PD, and then after 2 or 3 seconds, PD shuts down and error box pops up.

And as you noted, the sound .WAV file has been put in the target folder.

It will be interesting to see if it does or does not crash your power director.

Terry
Quote I'm happy to see if I can figure out what's going on with this particular clip. I just sent you a private message with a link to a folder on my OneDrive account, as that's a much faster way to get the clip to me!

I can send the files to you, but I would rather not put it public.

The mail that came through to me had a line it it called "upload link", and when I clicked that, it showed the contents of the email which made reference again to an upload link to your OneDrive account. But unfortunately there was no live link to your OneDrive account about the OneDrive.

Terry
Quote I'm glad that worked for you.

If you did want to figure out what's causing the problem, you could create a new PD project with just that clip and see if you can do the AD roundtrip with noise reduction. If that works, it points to something about your original project causing the issue (other clips, specific edits, etc.).

If even the single clip project crashes, try making another edit in AD like boosting the volume and see if that's successful. Depending on what you find, you may want to post back here or report it to tech support (although PD14/AD6 will not be getting any more updates). You could also share the clip and or project here if you wanted me or other people to test it.

I have PD14 and AD6 installed, and FWIW, I've used PD17/AD9 many, many times this past year making noise reduction edits and haven't ever had a crash.

The project that crashes/closes my PD14 is and has been throughout this is just a single clip. I already had make a volume increase in PD6 before I launched AD6, then I did the noise reduction, and sent it back, and it crashes PD14 consistently. It doesn't get much simpler than that.

I could send you the clip, and the project file, but the clip is 156 mb, and I don't have a ready way of getting that to you via Internet. I could copy it to a data DVD and mail it to you, if you still are interested in trying it on your system.
Quote I assume you actually have AD6 v5902.

There might be some incompatibility with the specific clip you're working with, but there are a couple of things you can try:

If the crash was on PD's end, then the audio file was actually produced by AD and will be in the Import folder specified in PD's Preferences > File screen. In fact, there should be several original clip filename (x).WAV files present (one from each earlier attempt), and you can import one of them into PD's Media Library.

Yes, it is 5902. Clicking on the AdioDirector title in upper right corner provides a pop-up box. It lists it as "AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0"

I found the folder In PD at "Edit/Preferences/File." From there I found seven wave files with the clip filename and the counter in parethesis as you said. I had wondered if they could be recovered, so thanks for that tip. It was easy to import and substitute the correct, noise-reduced clip into the video project.

The return from AD to PD still causes PD to close or crash . There is nothing special about this clip for this project. I've used the same camcorder as the source of clips for other past projects, where AD has passed the files back to PD without crashing PD. The only difference was that in those cases, I wasn't doing noise reduction. I doubt that matters. It just acts like PD doesn't "like" AD like it used to.

Thank you for the workaround.

Terry
I have a video with background noise, edited with Power Director (PD). I clicked on Edit Audio button in PD, and selected Audio Director (AD). I then used the Noise Reduction funcition, and sucessfully remove the noise. I then clicked on Back, and I was asked if I want to save changes to the audio file before they send it back to Power Director.

I then clicked yes, it worked for a few seconds, then Audio Director Closed, Power Director Reopened.

After a couple of seconds, Power Director closed, and a "PDR.exe has stopped working" error box came up. I sent that in with explanation.

I went back into Power Director and reloaded the file, and the changes had not been made to the audio track of the video project.

I tried this several times, and each time PD crashed or was shut down (not able to tell which).

Once I tried hitting cntrl-S when PD popped up, hoping to capture the changes brought back from AD, but that did not work.

I tried rebooting the computer to get rid of all other applications, followed the whole process again, and and the same failure happens.

I've used AD in conjunction with PD before for doing other functions, without this problem.

I have checked and my AD has the latest update for version 6 (update 5901).

Any suggestions for a solution?

Terry
I cannot get my Shuttle Xpress to function either. It does work in other application.(Word,etc.) I can restart the shuttle xpress engine at which point it works with other programs, but as soon as I try and use it with Power Director it locks up. Any ideas?

Thanks.
=====================================

Your problem sounds similar but not exactly the same as mine.

Mine will work with Cyberlink and other software if I have just installed it.

Once I reboot the computer, it will continue to work with many other packages, but it will not work with Cyberlink PD, or I've found, Family Tree Maker 2005.

Terry
Quote Hi Terry,

Do you have an update from Cyberlink yet. I can not het my shuttle express to work with Powerdirector 15 at all? I just started, so have no previous experience of it working....

JBC, have you gotten your ShuttleXpress to work yet?

Terry
Quote If you decide to reinstall, after uninstall you should run the appropriate Cyberlink removal tool:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14589

Where I am now is that I have both Power Director 14 and a trial copy of Power Director 15 both on my computer at the same time. The PD15 was put on to troubleshoot a problem with a hardward device.

For now, I plan to continue to run PD14. When the trial month runs out, I'll want to remove PD15 from the computer, and I will follow your directions above to do that.

When I do use the removal tool on PD15, is there any risk that it will "damage" PD14?

Terry
Quote Hi Terry,

Do you have an update from Cyberlink yet. I can not het my shuttle express to work with Powerdirector 15 at all? I just started, so have no previous experience of it working....

JBC,

I have been working with Cyberlink, Contour, Windows BBS, and the Microsoft Community Forum. (Interestingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, I've gotten no response on from the Microsoft forum since I posted in early February).

4. Open a Word Processor, and type a few lines of anything. Then rotate the control knob on your ShuttleXpress clockwise and counterclockwise, and see if the cursor moves up and down with the lines you typed. That will tell us if your Shuttle is working at all, and just not with Power Director.

Report back with that information, and we'll take the next steps.

Terry

JBC,

Regarding question #4, I over generalized. It might not work with any Word Processor. If you have Microsoft Word, open that and run the test I mentioned in question #4.

Terry
Quote Hi Terry,

JBC,

I have been working with Cyberlink, Contour, Windows BBS, and the Microsoft Community Forum. (Interestingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, I've gotten no response on from the Microsoft forum since I posted in early February).

You are the first person other than myself who has told me that they have the problem, so up to now, I've assumed I'm a one-off. Contour has been a lot of help, but so far the best we've come up with is a workaround.

I may be able to help you, but first, let's be sure if you have the same problem I have or not. Contour will be interested if you do, but it might be something we can just fix.

I'm going to ask some questions, which will tell me whether or not you have the same problem as I have, or if you have something different.

1. I'm assuming you are on Windows, but correct me if I'm wrong. If Windows, what version?

2. This might be obvious, but first, have you installed the Shuttle Express software? If you did not, you'll need to do that before it will work. There should be a DVD that came with your ShuttleXpress that has the software on it.

3. If you did install the ShuttleXpress software, did you try using the ShuttleXpress with Power Director before you rebooted the computer? This is important, because if you have the problem I have, rebooting the computer will kill the ShuttleXpress communication with Power Director. If you are even a little unsure of whether or not you rebooted the computer after installing the Shuttle Software and before you tried it, let me know, that is important.

4. Open a Word Processor, and type a few lines of anything. Then rotate the control knob on your ShuttleXpress clockwise and counterclockwise, and see if the cursor moves up and down with the lines you typed. That will tell us if your Shuttle is working at all, and just not with Power Director.

Report back with that information, and we'll take the next steps.

Terry
Quote On PD15, my Shuttle Pro is working just fine. Using the Contour helper application (v2.13.3), I've re-programmed the heck out of it though.

I've also asked CL to consider creating a few new keyboard commands that would make jog forward/backward a lot easier than using a macro. It would also be nice if we had a keyboard command that would flush the hardware keyboard buffer or otherwise tell PD to 'stop everything'.

Quote In January, my Contour ShuttleXpress stopped working with PD. It still works with other programs, just not PD.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Terry

Thanks for replying. I also reprogrammed mine. It was working fine right up to the time it was not. I've done a number of things to run it down, working both with Contour and Cyberlink. I even backed off a Windows 10 update, and that didn't help.

It is helpful to know if this problem is widespread, or if only I am suffering from it.

BTW, what operating system are you running? I'm using Win 10 64 Pro.
In January, my Contour ShuttleXpress stopped working with PD. It still works with other programs, just not PD.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Terry
Quote Hi Terry,

Have you tried to reinstall PowerDirector and patch to the latest?

Yes, working with Cyberlink tech support, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall from freshly downloaded distribution files. Unfortunately that did not fix it.

Anyone who does video editing knows how important a jog/shuttle device is to productivity, so I'm gettting pretty nervious, as I'm running out of things to try. One bit of good news is that Cyberlink is "escalating" the problem, so they are taking it seriously.

I have a couple more things I'll try with the shuttle itself, but since it works okay with other software, and even other Cyberlink software (just not Power Director), it probably isn't the problem.

If anyone has any other ideas on what I should try, please share them here. I need more ideas.

Thanks,

Terry
Quote I'm having a problem with my ShuttleXpress not working with PD14 (it had worked fine until recently). It may be something else like a Windows update. But ONLY PD14 is not working with the shuttle. Other Cyberlink sofware like Color Director and Audio Director still work with the Shuttle, as does other non-Cyberlink sofware. So I'm inclined to reinstall PD14.

I have file packs for the upgrade from PD13 to PD14. I also have two subsequent PD14 "patches." Somewhere I may have the original PD13 distribution pack.

Does PD14 have a "repair" option like some other software? If not, how far do I have to go back to do a reinstall?

Can I just uninstall PD14, and then just run the latest PD14 patch?

Or do I need to go back to the PD14 upgrade file, or God help me, all the way back to the PD13 distribution files and then to the upgrade to PD14, and then run both PD 14 patches? The last way sounds like a day's work.

Terry

Hello,

If you downloaded from Cyberlink site contact the tech or consumer support and ask to make the links available to reinstall PD14 and packs. PD14 will delete a previous install and start over from scratch. Packs will have to be reinstalled too.

Have your serial number available to fill in the form on their site.

Good luck.

Alain II

Allain II,

Thank you, that is good information. I just did get a note from them, providing me the links and passwords.

Am I understanding from you correctly that I should not first uninstall the existing PD14? I do want to be sure it is fully replaced, since I'm trying to solve a problem that might be a small glitch in the software installed on my computer.

Terry
I'm having a problem with my ShuttleXpress not working with PD14 (it had worked fine until recently). I've checked out some other things that were not the root cause. It seems like it is time to reinstall PD14. In the previous message I've requested guidance on how to do that. Nobody has yet answered.

I would still appreciate some guidance on how to do this.

Terry
Quote The other possibility is that two Microsoft updates occurred in early and late January on my Windows 10 Pro 64 system.

I've now run a test removing the Windows 10 update that occurred before the shuttle/Power Director problem occurred. Taking that update out did not fix the problem. So the cause of this disfunction must be something else.

Terry
Go to: