Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Has anyone else had this problem with Power Director and Contour ShuttleXpress not working together?
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2014 15:36 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using a Contour ShuttleXpress with Power Director (13 and 14) for years with no problems. Starting sometime in January 2017, the shuttle stopped working with Power Director, even though the shuttle still works with other software, including other software from Cyberlink (Audio Director and Color Director, that I seldom use).

I worked with people in the Contour forum, and it doesn't seem to be a shuttle problem. I've not updated Power Director since June of 2016, which suggest that isn't it a change in Power Director, unless something "broke" in PD. The other possibility is that two Microsoft updates occurred in early and late January on my Windows 10 Pro 64 system.

I've posted on the Microsoft Forum, and haven't heard anything back yet. Here is a link to that post with more details if you are interested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/shuttlexpress-stops-communicating-with-video/76a18acf-d66c-472f-80be-8dabf40b2692?tm=1486310071615

If you use a Contour ShuttleXpress or any Contour shuttle with Power Director, can you please reply here if you have or have not had problems? That way I can find out if my experience is a lone wolf problem, or something that is widespread.

Thank you for your help,

Terry Thanks for everyone's help,
Terry

Power Director 14
HP Z230 Workstation (Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSHD, 3TB Toshiba Data Drive, Windows 10 Professional, nVidea GeForce GTX 750Ti)
Panasonic HC-X920
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The other possibility is that two Microsoft updates occurred in early and late January on my Windows 10 Pro 64 system.

I've now run a test removing the Windows 10 update that occurred before the shuttle/Power Director problem occurred. Taking that update out did not fix the problem. So the cause of this disfunction must be something else.

Terry

Power Director 14
HP Z230 Workstation (Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSHD, 3TB Toshiba Data Drive, Windows 10 Professional, nVidea GeForce GTX 750Ti)
Panasonic HC-X920
[Post New]
Hi Terry,

Have you tried to reinstall PowerDirector and patch to the latest?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 14. 2017 21:44

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Terry,

Have you tried to reinstall PowerDirector and patch to the latest?

Yes, working with Cyberlink tech support, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall from freshly downloaded distribution files. Unfortunately that did not fix it.

Anyone who does video editing knows how important a jog/shuttle device is to productivity, so I'm gettting pretty nervious, as I'm running out of things to try. One bit of good news is that Cyberlink is "escalating" the problem, so they are taking it seriously.

I have a couple more things I'll try with the shuttle itself, but since it works okay with other software, and even other Cyberlink software (just not Power Director), it probably isn't the problem.

If anyone has any other ideas on what I should try, please share them here. I need more ideas.

Thanks,

Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920
JBC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2017 17:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Terry,

Do you have an update from Cyberlink yet. I can not het my shuttle express to work with Powerdirector 15 at all? I just started, so have no previous experience of it working....
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Terry,

Do you have an update from Cyberlink yet. I can not het my shuttle express to work with Powerdirector 15 at all? I just started, so have no previous experience of it working....

JBC,

I have been working with Cyberlink, Contour, Windows BBS, and the Microsoft Community Forum. (Interestingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, I've gotten no response on from the Microsoft forum since I posted in early February).

You are the first person other than myself who has told me that they have the problem, so up to now, I've assumed I'm a one-off. Contour has been a lot of help, but so far the best we've come up with is a workaround.

I may be able to help you, but first, let's be sure if you have the same problem I have or not. Contour will be interested if you do, but it might be something we can just fix.

I'm going to ask some questions, which will tell me whether or not you have the same problem as I have, or if you have something different.

1. I'm assuming you are on Windows, but correct me if I'm wrong. If Windows, what version?

2. This might be obvious, but first, have you installed the Shuttle Express software? If you did not, you'll need to do that before it will work. There should be a DVD that came with your ShuttleXpress that has the software on it.

3. If you did install the ShuttleXpress software, did you try using the ShuttleXpress with Power Director before you rebooted the computer? This is important, because if you have the problem I have, rebooting the computer will kill the ShuttleXpress communication with Power Director. If you are even a little unsure of whether or not you rebooted the computer after installing the Shuttle Software and before you tried it, let me know, that is important.

4. Open a Word Processor, and type a few lines of anything. Then rotate the control knob on your ShuttleXpress clockwise and counterclockwise, and see if the cursor moves up and down with the lines you typed. That will tell us if your Shuttle is working at all, and just not with Power Director.

Report back with that information, and we'll take the next steps.

Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Terry,

JBC,

I have been working with Cyberlink, Contour, Windows BBS, and the Microsoft Community Forum. (Interestingly, but perhaps not surprisingly, I've gotten no response on from the Microsoft forum since I posted in early February).

4. Open a Word Processor, and type a few lines of anything. Then rotate the control knob on your ShuttleXpress clockwise and counterclockwise, and see if the cursor moves up and down with the lines you typed. That will tell us if your Shuttle is working at all, and just not with Power Director.

Report back with that information, and we'll take the next steps.

Terry

JBC,

Regarding question #4, I over generalized. It might not work with any Word Processor. If you have Microsoft Word, open that and run the test I mentioned in question #4.

Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Terry,

JBC, have you gotten your ShuttleXpress to work yet?

Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920
Talon170 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Southwest Florida Joined: May 20, 2017 14:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've been using a Contour ShuttleXpress with Power Director (13 and 14) for years with no problems. Starting sometime in January 2017, the shuttle stopped working with Power Director, even though the shuttle still works with other software, including other software from Cyberlink (Audio Director and Color Director, that I seldom use).

I worked with people in the Contour forum, and it doesn't seem to be a shuttle problem. I've not updated Power Director since June of 2016, which suggest that isn't it a change in Power Director, unless something "broke" in PD. The other possibility is that two Microsoft updates occurred in early and late January on my Windows 10 Pro 64 system.

I've posted on the Microsoft Forum, and haven't heard anything back yet. Here is a link to that post with more details if you are interested. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/shuttlexpress-stops-communicating-with-video/76a18acf-d66c-472f-80be-8dabf40b2692?tm=1486310071615

If you use a Contour ShuttleXpress or any Contour shuttle with Power Director, can you please reply here if you have or have not had problems? That way I can find out if my experience is a lone wolf problem, or something that is widespread.

Thank you for your help,

Terry

I cannot get my Shuttle Xpress to function either. It does work in other application.(Word,etc.) I can restart the shuttle xpress engine at which point it works with other programs, but as soon as I try and use it with Power Director it locks up. Any ideas?

Thanks.
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I cannot get my Shuttle Xpress to function either. It does work in other application.(Word,etc.) I can restart the shuttle xpress engine at which point it works with other programs, but as soon as I try and use it with Power Director it locks up. Any ideas?

Thanks.
=====================================

Your problem sounds similar but not exactly the same as mine.

Mine will work with Cyberlink and other software if I have just installed it.

Once I reboot the computer, it will continue to work with many other packages, but it will not work with Cyberlink PD, or I've found, Family Tree Maker 2005.

Terry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2023 04:30

Thanks for everyone's help,
Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920