Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to uninstall and reinstall PD14
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2014 15:36 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having a problem with my ShuttleXpress not working with PD14 (it had worked fine until recently). It may be something else like a Windows update. But ONLY PD14 is not working with the shuttle. Other Cyberlink sofware like Color Director and Audio Director still work with the Shuttle, as does other non-Cyberlink sofware. So I'm inclined to reinstall PD14.

I have file packs for the upgrade from PD13 to PD14. I also have two subsequent PD14 "patches." Somewhere I may have the original PD13 distribution pack.

Does PD14 have a "repair" option like some other software? If not, how far do I have to go back to do a reinstall?

Can I just uninstall PD14, and then just run the latest PD14 patch?

Or do I need to go back to the PD14 upgrade file, or God help me, all the way back to the PD13 distribution files and then to the upgrade to PD14, and then run both PD 14 patches? The last way sounds like a day's work.

Terry Thanks for everyone's help,
Terry

Power Director 14
HP Z230 Workstation (Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSHD, 3TB Toshiba Data Drive, Windows 10 Professional, nVidea GeForce GTX 750Ti)
Panasonic HC-X920
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm having a problem with my ShuttleXpress not working with PD14 (it had worked fine until recently). I've checked out some other things that were not the root cause. It seems like it is time to reinstall PD14. In the previous message I've requested guidance on how to do that. Nobody has yet answered.

I would still appreciate some guidance on how to do this.

Terry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2017 11:44

Thanks for everyone's help,
Terry

Power Director 14
HP Z230 Workstation (Intel Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSHD, 3TB Toshiba Data Drive, Windows 10 Professional, nVidea GeForce GTX 750Ti)
Panasonic HC-X920
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm having a problem with my ShuttleXpress not working with PD14 (it had worked fine until recently). It may be something else like a Windows update. But ONLY PD14 is not working with the shuttle. Other Cyberlink sofware like Color Director and Audio Director still work with the Shuttle, as does other non-Cyberlink sofware. So I'm inclined to reinstall PD14.

I have file packs for the upgrade from PD13 to PD14. I also have two subsequent PD14 "patches." Somewhere I may have the original PD13 distribution pack.

Does PD14 have a "repair" option like some other software? If not, how far do I have to go back to do a reinstall?

Or do I need to go back to the PD14 upgrade file, or God help me, all the way back to the PD13 distribution files and then to the upgrade to PD14, and then run both PD 14 patches? The last way sounds like a day's work.

Terry

Hello,

If you downloaded from Cyberlink site contact the tech or consumer support and ask to make the links available to reinstall PD14 and packs. PD14 will delete a previous install and start over from scratch. Packs will have to be reinstalled too.

Have your serial number available to fill in the form on their site.

Good luck.

Alain II
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm having a problem with my ShuttleXpress not working with PD14 (it had worked fine until recently). It may be something else like a Windows update. But ONLY PD14 is not working with the shuttle. Other Cyberlink sofware like Color Director and Audio Director still work with the Shuttle, as does other non-Cyberlink sofware. So I'm inclined to reinstall PD14.

Terry

Hello,

If you downloaded from Cyberlink site contact the tech or consumer support and ask to make the links available to reinstall PD14 and packs. PD14 will delete a previous install and start over from scratch. Packs will have to be reinstalled too.

Good luck.

Alain II

Allain II,

Thank you, that is good information. I just did get a note from them, providing me the links and passwords.

Am I understanding from you correctly that I should not first uninstall the existing PD14? I do want to be sure it is fully replaced, since I'm trying to solve a problem that might be a small glitch in the software installed on my computer.

Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
If you decide to reinstall, after uninstall you should run the appropriate Cyberlink removal tool:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14589
TerryQ111 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote If you decide to reinstall, after uninstall you should run the appropriate Cyberlink removal tool:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14589

Where I am now is that I have both Power Director 14 and a trial copy of Power Director 15 both on my computer at the same time. The PD15 was put on to troubleshoot a problem with a hardward device.

For now, I plan to continue to run PD14. When the trial month runs out, I'll want to remove PD15 from the computer, and I will follow your directions above to do that.

When I do use the removal tool on PD15, is there any risk that it will "damage" PD14?

Terry

Power Director 14
Panasonic HC-X920
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]

Terry

Hello,

Good luck.

Alain II

Allain II,

Thank you, that is good information. I just did get a note from them, providing me the links and passwords.

Am I understanding from you correctly that I should not first uninstall the existing PD14? I do want to be sure it is fully replaced, since I'm trying to solve a problem that might be a small glitch in the software installed on my computer.

Terry

Sorry for being late to answer but I never uninstall and just reinstall as described. And that works perfectly well unless you have some bugs with other programs but then again it needs to be sorted out.

Alain II
glowx231 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 19, 2015 12:06 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
"For now, I plan to continue to run PD14. When the trial month runs out,
I'll want to remove PD15 from the computer, and I will follow your
directions above to do that.

When I do use the removal tool on PD15, is there any risk that it will "damage" PD14?"

>>While I have not tried two editions at once this way, my guess is it would damage the PD14.

>>Why not just leave the PD15 on after trial runs out and continue jusat to use the PD14 shortcut. If you get no problems, just forget it till you want to undertake a complete reinstall.