Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am having the same problem after rendering as you, but this is only happening with a project using 6 timelines, only one using my camera files and one has a lot of keyframes on a static object. But there are no mp3 files used. Each time I render the same project the audio drop outs are in different places. The audio plays perfectly on the timeline. I tried rerendering a past project using 3 timelines and this is perfect. By the way, I recently did a friends wedding video using 4 timelines and mp3 music and had no problems rendering or burning on dvd and this video was 1hr 30mins long.
Hi, I have been trying to render a fairly complicated video on PD12 using six timelines, though only one has video files. There are also lots of keyframes on the arrows on one of the timelines. The video is 8mins long and comes to about 400mb when rendered.

Although when I render the video it mainly is ok the problem is that 2 to 3 small areas of audio are silent/drop out when playing it. I have tried shutting down and restarting the computer and then rendering the video again, I have done this five times and each time there are areas of drop out audio at least once but in different areas of the video. When I watch the video project on the timeline the audio is solid all the way through.

I have also tried rerendering a less complicated video which I previously rendered ages ago and the rendered video has solid audio all the way through.

Can anyone help please, I wanted to upload my video to You Tube tomarrow.
Hi,

Thanks for both you guys advice again.

Like Carl said the only help related to this on You Tube is about it depending on internet speed, computer and You Tube player size.

I checked and my wireless router says I am getting 54mbps.

I have also changed the You Tube account setting to 'play HD automatically in full screen'. This don't seem to work automatically with me but I can change the daisy wheel setting on the YT player to 720p and it comes up as HD and does then play as clear as the file on my computer.

Another thought I had is maybe the 'boat stuck' file of mine had become corrupted possibly in the camera recording or copying to computer stages.

I have started doing a couple other test videos. One I have reimported the 'boat stuck' file into PD12 and will produce it and upload it.

The other I will try is the files of 'school demolition' and produce and upload that one to see if it makes a difference.

On my test videos above, the 'school demolition' file played clear even with the You Tube player on 360p.

I will let you all know what happens after doing that.

It just seems a bit odd that I can watch Neil's (CubbyHouseFilms) videos very clear and without buffering and they show 1080p under the daisy wheel setting on the YT player (and other peoples videos), Yet mine stayed on 360p when they are 720p camera files produced as 720p.

Cheers,
Martin.
Thanks everyone, that has solved that problem for me.

Cheers,
Martin.
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah it's odd, because after uploading the test videos on YT of my Panasonic camera files, on the YT video manager the videos came up with the HD logo alongside them and I thought great . But when I looked under the settings (round daisy wheel) on the bottom of the YT player it was checked on 360p .

When I changed it to 720p the video played as clear as the file on my computer. But when I went back to the video a while later, the setting had gone back to 360p. Obviously I can't tell everyone or expect everyone to watch every new video of mine in the 720p setting, it needs to be automatic. I saw yours were rightly fixed on 1080p.

I had a thought today, maybe they don't look so good because I put those videos as "unlisted" and not "public" or maybe because I have not "verified" my channel yet in the YT channel settings. What do you think?

Cheers,
Martin.
Hi,

I'm new to Power Director and I have got Power Director 12 Ultimate. I also upload videos on You Tube.

I made up some test videos on PD12 using 1280x720 MOV files from my Panasonic DMC-FZ45 camera and produced the videos using different custom settings with different bitrates and saved them as MPEG-4 files on my computer.

After producing them they were pretty clear and played back ok, but after uploading them to You Tube the start and end titles seem pixellated or blurred. Also the first file of the videos seem pixellated or blurred around the edges of the man, boy and boat and seems a bit jerky, but the end file of the building being demolished is clear. I also tried removing the effects and PIP from the man, boy and boat file and producing and uploading that video but it made no difference (links and details below).

As a comparison I made up a video on PD12 using files from my old Kodak Z700 compact camera which only did 640x480, MOV, 13fps files and uploaded it and I don't see much difference in quality to the Panasonic ones. Please ignore the jerky movement at the beginning of the Kodak video, that was the camera not PD12.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a You Tube problem?

CubbyHouseFilms videos and many other Power Director videos are clear on You Tube and not jerky!

One other thing, I don't notice much difference in video quality between the produced 6000kbps and 16000kbps videos on my computer or between the uploaded ones. Is that normal?

Here are the links and details of the uploaded videos to view as you wish:
Watching in full screen obviously shows the problem better.

PANASONIC
Produced as: MPEG-4 6000kbps 30fps
Audio compression rate: 384kbps
Produced file size: 135MB
http://youtu.be/xriy1XbLKxA
Upload time: 34mins

PANASONIC
Produced as: MPEG-4 8000kbps 30fps
Produced file size: 179MB
http://youtu.be/DKH99MqriIc
Upload time: 45mins

PANASONIC
Produced as: MPEG-4 16000kbps 29.97fps (default setting)
Produced file size: 338MB
http://youtu.be/Re14JlJ-Xtg
Upload time: 80mins

PANASONIC NO PIP NO EFFECT
Produced as: MPEG-4 8000kbps 30fps
Produced file size: 179MB
http://youtu.be/bGxYJ8ws_Os
Upload time: 45mins

KODAK 4-3
Produced as: MPEG-4 2000kbps 25fps
Audio compression rate: 96kbps
Produced file size: 38.5MB
http://youtu.be/uLpAiSz7Evk
Upload time: 9.5mins

CubbyHouseFilms (example video for comparison)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpPgpkHDUPo

Here are the details of the camera video files used if you need to know them:

PANASONIC BOAT VIDEO FILE
1280x720p
Format: MOV
Total Video Bitrate: 31753kbps 30fps
Audio Bitrate: 514kbps stereo

PANASONIC DEMOLITION VIDEO FILE
1280x720p
Total Video Bitrate: 31767kbps 30fps
Audio Bitrate: 512kbps stereo

KODAK LARGE BOAT VIDEO FILE
640x480p
Total Video Bitrate: 2155kbps 13fps
Audio Bitrate: 99kbps mono

KODAK GARDENING VIDEO FILE
640x480p
Total Video Bitrate: 2201kbps 13fps
Audio Bitrate: 98kbps mono

KODAK EXCAVATOR VIDEO FILE
640x480p
Total Video Bitrate: 2196kbps 13fps
Audio Bitrate: 96kbps mono

Any help is gratefully received.

Martin. :
Ok Carl thanks, I will try the AVCHD Lite as well.

Yes you are correct "According to the above specs that is a Still camera with a movie mode, it only outputs 1280x720 video in a few quality ranges."

I also thought that MOV being bigger file sizes compared to AVCHD Lite format for files of the same time length, that MOV would have been better quality. Is this not the case?

Cheers - Martin
Thanks for the info and links guys. This is shocking and very worrying news.

Just to put my story accross.

I have even had third party content claims on sound effects I got from Freesound before!!! When they happened I thought what the heck, they are royalty free!!!

I have done like RobAC before and deleted videos with third party claims, which didn't have many views and had been uploaded for a long time.

One other thing I don't get about third party claims on You Tube is they always happen after at least 2 years of being uploaded, why don't they tell us within a month after uploading???

I personally only use sound effects and music if it's absolutely necessary. I have used royalty free music from Kevin MacLeod and Dan-o-song and touch wood have not had claims yet. They have some great tunes.

I refuse to use the Google+ account that Google forced on me on You Tube. I didn't want it in the first place. I reply to any comments and messages I want to reply to using my You Tube channel, but I don't go onto the actual Google+ account to do it.

Cheers - Martin
Hi Neil,

Thats brilliant, thanks for the info.

Unfortunately my camera only does MOV files in 30fps regardless of country you live in, though in AVCHD Lite format it can be changed from NTSC 30fps/60fps to PAL 25fps/50fps. I decided not to record anything in that format as when I bought the camera, internet searches and messages to other You Tubers with this camera said it was difficult to edit with.

If you wanted to read more about it go here http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ40_FZ45/ then read the 2nd and 3rd columns under the heading "Panasonic Lumix FZ45 / FZ40 Movie Mode".

(Sorry not sure how to post an image on here yet)

Having said that, all my MOV files from my old compact camera only did 13fps, LOL. Which are what the videos on my You Tube channel so far have been from.

I think I have watched a few of your videos on You Tube recently, the name CubbyHouseFilms rings a bell

Cheers,
Martin
Hi everyone,

I am a 'newbie to power director and have got Power Director 12 Ultimate. This is also my first post on the forum.

I have made up a test video using various titles, video effects and using video files from my camera. My problem is what produce/rendering settings to use.

My camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ45 and I have been filming everything in MOV format which it does at 30fps and 1280x720, but I don't know what bitrate they are at. I have watched some You Tube videos and they suggest produce/rendering in either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 formats, though I think MPEG-4 is better and would prefer to use this.

One video suggested putting the bitrate up to the maximum setting, another said put it at 8000kbps.

I live in a UK PAL region and would have preffered the videos saved as a PAL setting but the only settings are for 25fps and 24fps, but when I did some test produce/rendering at different bitrate settings they came out a bit jerky/stuttered but at less then 200MB for a 3 1/2 minute video. I tried a produce/render at 30fps (NTSC) with bitrate of 26300 and this played smoothe but was 500MB, which is massive!!! I did one at 30fps and 8000kbps and this played smoothe and was just under 200MB (all videos were played through Windows Media Player).

So my questions to you guys are:

1. Is there any way of finding out the bitrate of a camera file or video project?

2. I will be uploading the videos to You Tube, if I use MPEG-4 what bitrate setting should I use to keep a good quality for computer and internet playback?

3. If the file sizes are massive is there any way of reducing them without losing quality?

4. Is there any way I could produce/render the videos in a PAL 25fps setting and have them play smoothe or should I just go with the 30fps NTSC settings?

5. I also changed the framerate of the project whilst editing it, thinking it would help. Would this affect the camera video files or titles on the timeline or the playback of the produced/rendered video?

MY COMPUTER:
Alienware R4
Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
64bit
Quad core. RAM 16GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX670
Windows 7 home premium

Cheers,
Martin.
Go to: