Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Actually some very good advice and help.. thanks.

I'll be somewhat in the loop. I'll basically give them whatever help I can and I'm sure they'll ask me what I think of different candidates.
Thanks! How about.. Multi-media Manager/Director?

Is it usually assumed that one who can shoot videos also has good knowledge of audio recording? We've got a few different specialty microphones/recording devices.
I've been doing videos for my company for the past few months now. Everything from filming and creating video ideas, to finishing the videos with PowerDirector. Basically from start to finish. I'm now leaving, and they were wondering if I could put together a job listing so they can find a replacement for me. What would the job title be?

I did not go to school for filmography or anything related.. so just want to make sure I'm not using any poor language or terms that would make the company look bad to any potential hiree!
Holy crap how many monitors will you need to fill up with enough programs to utilize that 32Gb ram???
Again, I still think you're off here.

1). Ok.. this is reasonable. However, this is easily fixed by.. also unlinking first clip and just put the two so the end/begin in the middle of the transition rather than the end. Same exact methods just do it your way instead.

2). the program automatically pulls later clips along with the 2 transitions. so no, you will not have a gap afterwards.

And shortening the video clip?? You're really starting to lose me. You want an overlapping audio transition without an overlapping video. You HAVE to shorten something! It can't magically produce material for you.

There's also no need to move things around to new tracks.

I really think you're going to far into this here, or simply not understanding. You've got a number of options in this thread, most of which take a few seconds to do. Once you get the hang of the program you'll realize they're actually quite simple to figure out.
Quote:
Quote: Ok, I think I know exactly what you need. Let me know if you don't fully understand and would like pictures.

Put your two clips in a track together. Apply an overlap audio transition. This should be doing what you want, except you didn't want the video fade.

Click on the right clip. Unlink video and audio.

Click on the video portion in the right clip. Drag the left side of the clip to the point where the transition ends. This will delete the video fade.

This will now give you a silence free audio fade from clip to clip with no video transition.

O.K. this may work (although I think that additional moves will be necessary to restore audio/video sync). However, it also involves multiple clicks and potentially dangerous (loss on audio/video sync) movement of un-linked video clip. Other editors (e.g. Ulead, Premier Pro) do this using one click.

So:

Am I the only one PD12 user who wants to have this type of audio transition?

Is there any way to hear opinion from PD12 developers about this?

That is incorrect. There is no potential for movement of unlinked clips. Unless you do it wrong. You're not moving the video clip in relation to the audio. You're only changing which one starts playing first. You're only trimming the video.. not moving it. It literally took me 5 seconds to do this transition. If you're worried about accidentally getting the audio out of sync later on, just make sure to relink the audio and video afterwards.

Here.. I even made you a video real quick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tihs-IkwSlo&feature=youtu.be
Ok, I think I know exactly what you need. Let me know if you don't fully understand and would like pictures.

Put your two clips in a track together. Apply an overlap audio transition. This should be doing what you want, except you didn't want the video fade.

Click on the right clip. Unlink video and audio.

Click on the video portion in the right clip. Drag the left side of the clip to the point where the transition ends. This will delete the video fade.

This will now give you a silence free audio fade from clip to clip with no video transition.
I'm still unsure what you mean by the fact that the audio transitions do not work. I feel you're being very vague with what you are looking for... there are a number of good ways to do audio fades, and most of them require a simple drag and drop of an audio transition.

Maybe you should take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhmUYIBcx1I
A movie I just produced was shaking all over the place. I'm assuming it was because of a frame rate issue. I had clips inserted in the beginning that was from a screen recording program that it appears used 10fps, while the rest of my production was 30fps. Is there a way I can fix this problem? It appears I can just render/produce the 2 separately and then combine them in a separate project, but I'd prefer not to do that just for simplicity sake.
click on modify and then cross.. it works with either transition.
It's not on just the one side. If you enlarge, or look closely, the audio tracks are overlapped. The transition is on the end of one and the beginning of the other. Try the constant power if you don't like constant gain.

Alternatively, you can try the cross instead of overlap transition. That simply fades out the first and fades in the second. It's smooth but there's a moment of silence between the two.
Quote:
Quote: So as I previewed this using 'High Preview Resolution' preview quality, I was a bit disappointed to see it wouldn't play smoothly. The two higher quality modes were of course pointless. So I dropped $250 on a GTX 760 Nvidia Card. Big mistake. It didn't make one iota difference in my preview playback. Yep, I've enabled both OpenCL and hardware decoding in the preferences menu. No improvement.
As Dafydd says, you ain't the Lone Ranger here. Not sure it's limited to Win 8 and Nvidia 7xx cards, though. I experience the same behavior on my admittedly much less powerful machine with Win 7. I use low preview resolution, and it still slows down and gets out of audio/video sync very soon after starting the preview. The way I deal with it is with about a 20 sec. Render Preview using High Preview Resolution after I finish editing and close to the end of the clip. It's described somewhere in these threads and on You Tube.

That's crazy that so many people are experiencing such different user experiences. Your hardware as well looks absolutely top notch, that makes no sense that you can't get through on low-preview resolution. I'm on a low-end video card, and 2 ten year old hard drives.. and now that I've added that second HDD, I get along fairly well even on Full HD playback. Though I can already tell my HDD is slowing down and I could really benefit from a good SDD.

But I've been there as I was troubleshooting for ages, it can certainly be frustrating especially when you put so much money into a more than capable setup.
Quote: On your preference option set your timeline framerate of 30 instead of 60 or 50fps.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38014.page#195643

Work with 30fps for time being till Cyberlink fix this issue.

It's already set to 30fps.

If you already have the project will not fix error with the new version PD12.
New project will start in the current version PD12.

or it may be reported by Brygard case, I still do not know this.

I'm sorry I don't quite understand..
Yeah I'm on the newest beta, so it's still happening. I've been at it for over an hour trying to figure out how to fix my project.
I've been running into a bunch of minor glitches over my time with working with this program. I finally found one that I replicated and took some screen captures of.

Scenario.
I had a project I was working on. When finished, I go back and 'insert project' in the beginning of my timeline as a header. I did this, and then after making a bunch of changes, I was pretty upset to begin playback and notice there was a phantom audio clip playing during my header. There was nothing in the timeline where this audio was playing. I've had this happen a bunch before, where things are happening that don't appear on the timeline. So I saved, and rebooted the program and noticed my audio track 1 had been sent to the very beginning of the timeline. Definitely frustrating as that threw my entire project out of whack.

I had to go back to my previous save and re-do everything.. making sure I (thought) I did it right this time. Same thing. Notice the before and after screen captures of before and after closing/re-opening the program.

Also, if I now go back on click on the audio portion, it is still linked with the video even though the video is 10 seconds away.
A huge relief. It was really starting to kill my ability to get projects done. I guess for now it looks like I'm just going to stick with this extra 80Gb drive and see how things go. I cleared off enough stuff on my main drive so that I've got 70Gb free, and then I'm just going to put the temporary project I'm working on on my extra 80Gb drive. It's not blazing fast but at least it's finally usable.
Thanks Carl. I actually have always done that. I have 2 drives. 1 is my C drive, the other is my external drive. I have all my materials on my External drive. When I want to do a project, I copy whatever I need to a temporary folder on my C drive and then work from there.

So I'm unsure what you mean by a 'spinning drive'. Are you saying that PD does not support SSDs?

Basically I've already found there's some type of issue with my C drive. I don't know if there's a problem with the drive itself, or if the problem is that all my working files are on that same C drive. Based on the fact that I got way better performance out of 2 old drives running separately, I'd imagine this is a good way to go, and I'm leaning towards getting a small internal SSD for my temporary project files, while the program stays on my C drive.

Thoughts?
Quote: get a large drive that runs at 7200 rpm. hopefully your computer utilizes sata and if so the drive will work just fine for your video editing. just start all projects on the new drive while the PD12 program is on your original drive. that way one drive isn't trying to run the program AND try to play video and audio files at the same time.

I suppose that's part of my question.. Is it actually optimal for my media files to be on one drive while my program runs on another? And if so, which takes up more resources? The program itself, or the media files?

And if it is ideal for 2 drives, wouldn't it be better to get a small, say ~50 Gb SSD? I've already got a 1Tb external. I don't need the storage space. I just need something that can be quick as possible.
I'm a bit confused by what drive you're using for what. But I just went through a 2 month long search to find out why my program runs so poor and I believe I've narrowed it down to the hard drive. Your setup is more than enough. Overkill actually. The only weakpoint might be if you're using your 2TB HDD for video production.

Try packing your project materials somewhere on the SSD, and then re-opening that project file from the SSD. See how that works.
YESSSS.

Believe the issue is indeed my hard drive. I had our IT guy install a second drive on my computer. It's only an 80Gb, so I didn't transfer anything to it, we just formatted it. I went through my one project that was running horribly. Packed the project files to the new drive, and re-opened that project. Runs ten times better with actual project playback, as well as program navigation and functionality. I'm switching back and forth between the same project on my old drive, and on the new drive, and it's like night and day. This is a HUGE relief.

Now my next question is how do I go about actually solving my problem. This new drive isn't all that great still (ten year old drive) and is only 80Gb. I can see the same thing happening. I can probably afford to get a new drive, but what should I do? Would I be better off getting a high quality (maybe SSD?) but smaller capacity drive, and using it solely for my project materials (and then transferring the project elsewhere when done)? Or should I just get a new high capacity drive?
Go to: