Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Computer processing configuration
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
I have indicated before that I was considering building a computer configuration for rendering and processing movies, videos, and slide shows.

Well I have completed the build. This is the configuration:

1. Asus Z87 Deluxe/Quad motherboard

2. 32GB of RAM

3. 480GB solid state hard drive (no spinning) every location of the 480GB is independently addressed

4. Noctua Radiator/cooler/fan for cooling CPU

5. 8 Noctua fans around and inside the chassis for cooling

6. Intel i7 4770K processor

7. NIVIDIA PNY Graphics card

8. Corsair 850W power supply

9. Independent UPS system as do my other computers and router

10. Antec 302 chassis

I am now waiting for my retro-8 8/s8/mm film converter due next week.

All raw data will be kept on my cloud drive 8TB until needed for processing.

Any questions, let me know

Alan

CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Holy crap how many monitors will you need to fill up with enough programs to utilize that 32Gb ram???
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not sure of the question.

I was wondering if you could burn more then one blu-ray dvd at a time. If you executed the Powerdirector twice had two incidents of it running and if you had two blu-ray dvd drives if you could burn two at the same time.

I could then use multiple monitors to watch them fly.

The ram primarily is for the rendering of course.

It was great doing the build until I received two defective motherboards from Asus. The third one was a charm.

I will keep you in the loop as I begin the process next week.

Now I am broke - again.

Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can have multiple BluRay or DVD drives installed in that computer.

I do not think PowerDirector has the ability to burn multiple disks at one time, but there is software that is capable.

You can burn a Disk Folder in Powerdirector then use other software to burn that folder structure to multiple disks

It was great doing the build until I received two defective motherboards from Asus. The third one was a charm.

I thought that Asus was a good motherboard manufacturer.

I am quite happy with Gigabyte motherboards.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was thinking having two parallel processes going where you could burn one from one of the processes and a different one from the second process. Not duplicating dvds from a single application.

Kind of thinking out loud!

That is why I was thinking of having powerdirector running twice on the computer. One then burning it's rendition to one of the dvd drives, and the other one burning to a second dvd drive.

Were probably not there yet.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Invest in some Re writable DVD/blu ray DVD and experiment then you don't have coasters. Start small and work up.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't have resources to start small and work up. I started at the top and have to work down. Nothing like experimenting.

Let's see what happens. With 32GB ram I was thinking I could run Powerdirector twice in parallel then each would burn to it's own dvd.

Having fun yet?
alan
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD is limited to a single instance running at a time. Use Carl's suggestion to burn to a folder, then use other burning software if you want to burn discs while you're producing new ones.

Personally, I think that's asking a lot of any system, even one as powerful as yours and mine (see specs below). A 4770K is a powerful CPU, but it takes all 8 virtual cores to do the producing if you've got more than a trivial amount of effects or corrections in your timeline.

Experiment away, and if you keep your expectations reasonable you'll probably be happy

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Alan
I was a little skeptical when you posted specs with ASUS MB. I had 2 of mine,Ivy bridge, breakdown. Threw them and went for Gigabyte.
Now happy as a lark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 02:26

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
I was wondering if you could burn more then one blu-ray dvd at a time. If you executed the Powerdirector twice had two incidents of it running and if you had two blu-ray dvd drives if you could burn two at the same time.

You can with imgBurn.
Run two instances at the same time with separate ISO to different drives.
I never tried three instances... you can test your luck.
I suppose you could duplicate the ISO temporarily for each instance if that's your fancy until the burn gets done.
But imgBurn seems to accelerate second copies after the first (buffer isn't flushed immediately).

If it helps with your experimentation I also use a RAM disk courtesy of ImDisk.
Very simple to use if you have the tools.
This on a 16Gb system.
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
On my final burn I always burn to an ISO image.

Just thinking with the power whether the technolody would handle it. I don't think it will.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went with a recommended build from VideoGuys. Easier then trying to figure out compatability, chip sets and driver issues

I considered Gigabyte - in fact I called them and discussed their board.

Alan