Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 12 - Requirement
djfrosty [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Denmark Joined: Feb 27, 2013 17:58 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
What do i need to produce video in another format like h.264, Avi or so.
I can only produce a video in mp4, cause image and sound stutters in other formats

Do i need more memory, or bigger graphiccard ?

Here's my info:

Harddrive: Samsung SSD 250 GB, and Western Digital HD 2 TB for backup
Memory: Kingston Hyper X DDR3 16 GB 2133mhz
CPU i7-3820 3,6 ghz 10 MB S-2011
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth x79 Socket 2011
Graphiccard: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 TI 2 GB DDR5

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2014 06:52

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
The only basic difference between your computer and mine is I have W7. I have nine of those issues

Do you have your antivirus and other programs running when the program is producing? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
djfrosty [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have Windows Defender running, when i use the program.

The program are testet on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 64 bit.

Do i need more memory or a bigger graphiccard ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2014 15:56

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Edit : That was supposed to be none of those issues; not nine !

Re: Memory/graphics Neither, you have plenty.

There is something else going on. Do you have the shadow files enabled? You don't need those. Are your resources (videos/images/music ) on your system drive? Alway store your resources on your 2T hard drive. When you are ready to work on a project, make a folder on your system drive and copy the resources you are going to use in that folder so you are working from and on the SSD.

Do you have the latest version of your program installed? What driver do you have for your video card? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
djfrosty [Avatar]
[Post New]
1) My shadow files are enabled. Does it have any effect of the video production ?

2) I use my backup drive for videoproduction. There are only programs and videofiles. I have these drives connected.
CRIVE SAMSUNG SSD 250GB (only for system files)
FRIVE WESTERN DIGITAL 2 TB HD (only for backup af videoproduction - Cyberlink Powerdirector 12)
GRIVE WESTERN DIGITAL 1 TB HD (only for music)
HRIVE WESTERN DIGITAL 1 TB HD (only for music)

So i have memy enough, a good graphic Card ? I though that i should buy more memory og a bigger graphiccard for HD, Ultra HD videoproduction ??

I use version 334 for the graphiccard...............if i update to version 335, i see a watermark from Nvidia in the videopruduction. And there isb't any solution yet

So i have to copy the videofiles to SSD instead HD,, that will solve my problem ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 05:17

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
djfrosty

I have a 660Ti too.
I have installed PD ,directed my Import, export and shadow files to other drive than C; my C drive is just 128 GB SSD

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 07:37

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 1) My shadow files are enabled. Does it have any effect of the video production ?

2) I use my backup drive for videoproduction. There are only programs and videofiles. I have these drives connected.
C_DRIVE SAMSUNG SSD 250GB (only for system files)
F_DRIVE WESTERN DIGITAL 2 TB HD (only for backup af videoproduction - Cyberlink Powerdirector 12)
G_DRIVE WESTERN DIGITAL 1 TB HD (only for music)
H_DRIVE WESTERN DIGITAL 1 TB HD (only for music)

So i have memy enough, a good graphic Card ? I though that i should buy more memory og a bigger graphiccard for HD, Ultra HD videoproduction ??

I use version 334 for the graphiccard...............if i update to version 335, i see a watermark from Nvidia in the videopruduction. And there isb't any solution yet

So i have to copy the videofiles to SSD instead HD,, that will solve my problem ?

Is your F Drive a internal or external drive?
Why not put one of your external drives inside the computer (your F drive maybe ).

If it is external, what interface? USB or Firewire?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2014 09:07

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a bit confused by what drive you're using for what. But I just went through a 2 month long search to find out why my program runs so poor and I believe I've narrowed it down to the hard drive. Your setup is more than enough. Overkill actually. The only weakpoint might be if you're using your 2TB HDD for video production.

Try packing your project materials somewhere on the SSD, and then re-opening that project file from the SSD. See how that works.
djfrosty [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok i will try.
PatC [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Suffolk UK Joined: Nov 17, 2009 14:00 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hi forum,

If you want to see your bottlenecks try the free Moo0 System Monitor from Moo0.com

It displays system activity in real time and highlights what is limiting performance.

My bottleneck is my Mechanical Hard Disk Drives as expected, I do not have SSD.

PatC

djfrosty [Avatar]
[Post New]
carl312 My F Drive is a internal drive
djfrosty [Avatar]
[Post New]
PatC I will try.

I checked my BIOS, and i can see my SSD drivert aren't configurated. When i retarts the computer, i can press Down CTRL+M. I dunno how to configurate the SSD. Maybe it will run my programs faster ?

I tryed to make a map on the ssd drive for cyberlink, and the videoes run a litte bit faster. When i load a Video files in ts or m2ts (4-6 gb videofiles), i can see in the top of my computer, i can see the computer are thinkining. Dunno if i need more memory that 16 GB.

I got a friend WHO is a litte bit computer freak. He told me to skip the 2TB western digital HD for backup, and buy 1 more SSD on 250 GB. If i do that, i can connect the SSD to the another one and runs RAID. The computer will be more stable, and the programs will run faster. Do u agree with that or, is there another solution ??