Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OT- What kind of position/ job title for this type of work?
CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
I've been doing videos for my company for the past few months now. Everything from filming and creating video ideas, to finishing the videos with PowerDirector. Basically from start to finish. I'm now leaving, and they were wondering if I could put together a job listing so they can find a replacement for me. What would the job title be?

I did not go to school for filmography or anything related.. so just want to make sure I'm not using any poor language or terms that would make the company look bad to any potential hiree!
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
The job title would something interesting like this "Shoot, Chop, split and pack" (SCSP )

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2014 02:41

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Multi-media Manager

Media Manager

Production Manager

Special Projects Engineer

Audio Visual Guru

The list is endless

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Some options, take a look at this link.
CJC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks! How about.. Multi-media Manager/Director?

Is it usually assumed that one who can shoot videos also has good knowledge of audio recording? We've got a few different specialty microphones/recording devices.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Don't get too hung up on the job title- it's the description and qualifications that is the more important stuff.

List the things you did and is expected to be done by the company. The more skills a candidate brings to the table the better for the company.

Never assume anything about about the skill set of a potential candidate. I assume you will be asked to go over the potential candidates or are you out of that loop?

If you are in- then always make sure they at least send in a 5 min clip or a link to websites that showcase their past work. Whittle them down and ask the ones you find interesting to list their software / hardware setup. You want to look for variety and subtlety in their work and if they are familiar with different pieces of software / technology.

The last thing a company needs is a one track horse in the editing booth. Then finally the physical in person job interview. They have to ace all parts of these steps. Of course tell them they have a certain trial period to see if they a good fit for the company. If not then make sure to keep the contact info for the next three potential candidates if the first one does not work out. Sometimes the second or third candidate can actually the best fit. (You obviously have no control over their potential pay / cost structure, that's the company's role.)

I am not sure what type of field you were / are in, but the company has specific needs that need filled. An all around candidate with a wide range of experience would be preferably to someone who has a small set of skills.

Anyway- I probably said way too much info above than what you were looking for. Just going by my past work background- which was not video editing- but the recruitment steps are always similar for any company.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
CJC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually some very good advice and help.. thanks.

I'll be somewhat in the loop. I'll basically give them whatever help I can and I'm sure they'll ask me what I think of different candidates.