Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
That would be the best solution I agree, however somewhat expensive considering I have a video camera, a dSLR and a pocket camera all capable of recording HD video.

It's free to use two of them at one time, but it presents this challenge about colouring. Two identical video camera would solve this, but cost me an extra camera. I'll rather solve this by colour adjustments then.
So I have to a just the video clip manually, there is no automatic "colour alignment/equalisation" feature then?

PS: CPU/GPU power is not a problem, PD 12 runs pretty fast on my pc. Of cause with no rendering needed it is many times faster still, but that's an ok investment.
Hi,

I want to use two camera for a recording, so I can change view afterwards i editing, but the two cameras are different brands and have a slight difference in colour representation.

How do I make the colours more similar, so the viewers won't notice it's made by two different cameras?

regards
Hej Nina, der oppe i Norge
Quote: I don't know when I'll be getting that 64 bit machine, but it should be within the next 6 months. Until then, I am going to try to work with my 32 bit and see how it goes.

64bit dose NOT give you anything, unless you have more than 4 GB of RAM otherwise 64bit is pointless.
When you get a new PC within 6 months or so, then there will be a 64bit OS on it.

So don't worry about 32bit vs 64bit, is pointless and gives you nothing on you existing hardware.
Quote: Thanks so much for the welcome, guys! I was offline yesterday, so apologies for my lateness in replying back to you.
HDedit -- Yes, I do realize that 64-bit is the ideal equipment for all things video. Unfortunately, I'm on a waiting list for that machine. They don't just give them out to anyone here. Pardon my ignorance, but if you do editing with a 64 bit machine, how does the end product look when it plays on a 32 bit machine? Or is that taken care of when you "publish"? Cause 32-bit PCs are what my audience will be viewing my work on.

BarryTheCrab -- Thanks sooo much for the compliment on my web name, for the "big Forum hellooo" and for the link to the DXdiag! I'm going to have a TON of snow dropped on me within the next few hours, so I'm going to have to postpone this task a bit.
Love your web name too. I guess crabbing is your hobby??

Aus_Sean -- I'm going to start with Windows Movie Maker and I already downloaded the free trial of PD 12. This past October, I went to a software developer conference in Vegas and I sat in on a class that was using Windows Premier Pro. Unfortunately, the download of the trial version was a disaster. There were issues with the laptop I was using. My IT guy eventually got the program to download, but I was unable to open the practice video files that the workshop instructor gave us. So I ended up looking over the shoulder of a woman who was using a 64 bit Macbook Pro. Glad I did this cause it gave me my first glimpse into what video editing software looks like.

You don't need a 64bit machine, and never mind the DXdiag and whatnot.

Just try out the trail version you have already download, and see for yourself.

Usability won't change with a faster PC and all those colourful words won't do you any good.

Try it out and asks specific questions regarding features and it's use on this forum - technical stuff is not for you.
Does anyone know how to get at menu, when burning a BD, withe side-by-side 3D video?

AVCHD and std. BD doesn’t support menu and side-by-side at the same time. I have tried to make SBS 3D file, and then burn a 2D disk, but then it wasn’t SBS 3D anymore, any known workarounds?
Anyone know the difference between 1/2 side-by-side and Full side-by-side, because I am getting same resolution with either choice (3840x1080)?
Ok, now I am total confused.

I have installed the new nvidia driver and now preview works.

But, now I can also produces 3d video, even when video have been trimmed... is PDR12 Nvidia driver dependant?
I have been able to reproduce it, unfortunate far too easy, just at few trims.

I use PDR v12.0.2405

The project can be downloaded her:

http://www.milanweb.dk/dumps.zip about 1.44GB in size
Quote: Whether or not CUDA in recent nVIDIA card does not live up to what it used to be is not the reason I created this topic.

I am just asking whether there is a way to get multi-GPU computing going on with PD12.

No, there is no user options. Either the code supports it or it doesn't. No options found in the manual in that regard.
Quote: The video posted showed the CPU usage and the GPU temp. Have you checked the CPU temperatures when producing? Usually if a CPU overheats, the computer suddenly shuts down which does not seem to be your issue.

Just for testing, can you remove the video file that is around 7 minutes into the production? Is that when a new video file starts or is that in the middle of a trimmed portion of the video?

If you want to do more, create a new project and add that video (only) do whatever trimming and adjusting that you did in the original project and then produce that. If it goes to completion, can you then substitute that produced video in the original production?

It may be a bad file causing the program to stop.

Well my motherboard is a sabertooth Z87, and Asus thermal makes sure temp don't go beyond around 70C(elsius) in core temperature, according to Intel it will throttle at 105C. So is far from overheating, all other key components on the motherboard is also well controlled and cooled at all time. CPU temp is around 50-57C, but the core temps are the important ones not the overall CPU temp.

Unfortunately I don't have the project any more, since I have edited (trimmed) all the clips in Sony's software, so my film is done now.

But I can make another version where I do a lot of trimming, and if I am right it will fail (although I am running the beta version now, so maybe it's fixed in the patch). I'll give it a try for sure.

I think it was a bad file, because I made 3 projects and they all fail at some point, although at different points. Magic cuts, always worked (however, didn't make the cut's as I intended, but not bad job either).

I solved the problem, as mentioned by trimming the files outside PDR12, then import them and make the project without trimming - it works every time, but it is a workaround.

If it does fail when trimming even with the beta patch, them spilt and delete might be a easer workaround for future projects - certainly worth trying.

Quote: I spent some time yesterday moving cards between machines. I put 2 GTX 560 Ti in SLI .
Was a bit of a pain since they are 1 GB and 2 GB respectively.
But Coolbits=0x18 in the the registry did the trick.
Finally when I disabled my 3rd display, the nVidia 3.31.93 drivers let me enable SLI.

I benchmarked both with PD12 and PD11, and the SLI made zero difference to the performance.

In fact last year I bought a 680 just to see if it was any faster than my 560 Ti - it was not. I returned the card to Fry's the next day.

I would not bet that the 780Ti would be any faster for video encoding either. I may try the flagship again this year just to see if nVidia has made improvements with their video encoding performance. I doubt it.

FYI, even with this lack of SLI, PD12 with the 560Ti is faster at encoding than any other video program I have tried, including Sony Movie Studio 12 and Pinnacle 16.

If that matters, my CPU is AMD FX-8350 OC'ed at 4.6 Ghz with 32GB RAM. OS is W7 SP1.

CUDA have not improved much since 580, as yuo can see:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780-performance-review,3516-26.html

The difference are minuscule at best, between the 580, 680 and 780.
Quote: The video stops at 4:32 plus a couple of frames. Was it supposed to show the problem? at that point? If so, what video/music/transition or other is at that point of your production.

It seems like whatever you were using to capture the video stopped. I was getting (static) lines before that point Nothing else changed.

What else do you have running ? The CPU usage is very high compared to what I would have expected.

By the way, you computer is better than mine !

Ah crap, the video is corrupted, I can't play it either.

What it should have been showing is, at around 7 min into the 10 min video, the CPU and GPU use drops to about 0%, and continues to stay at 0. The counter stops, and the size of the output file cease to increase.

By the way I don't have anything running in the background except the programs already mentioned.

CPU usage seems to be related to input and output formats, but PDR12 is fast and make good use of my resources. That is why I choose PDR12 in the first place. Sony's Vegas was so slow in comparison, and Adobe Premiere Elements 11 can't handle 3D video, and the full version of Premiere costs too much.

I tried another program as well, but it's lost the sound from my dSLR videos, so it was a no go.

PDR12 is deficiently my preferred video editor software, although this bug is bugging me. I also had to downgrad my Nvidia drivers because of some issue with the newer version. Otherwise I could not even preview.
Anyway when you say:

You realize that the video has to be re-rendered when you do the trimming.That will slow it down a great deal. Depending on your computer it may appear to have stopped.

I have to say, I can't avoid re-rendered 100% no matter what, my SVRT is 100% red in 3D. Only in 2D can I have non re-rendered video.

My PC is a 7i 4770 Haswell, running 4.1Ghz, 16 GB 1600 Mhz ram, a 500 GB SSD disk, and a Asus Geforce 780 card, I hardly think it's due to hardware limitations. Besides the CPU and GPU uses drops to around 0% (that the error by the way, that it stops rendering). As shown in the video.
If you wish to see how it looks like I have a video recording of it happing:

www.milanweb.dk/PowerDirector_error.mkv

Please provide answers to the following in your post on this forum.
1. I use W7 x64
2. PDR12 v.12.0.2327
3. VDE131105-02
4. AVCHD 2.0 3D, 1080 50i
5. See video
6. AVG anti-virus Free version
7. What codec packs installed if any? I don't.
8. I have Adobe Premiere Elements 11
9. AVS Disc Creator
10. DNA
11. Asus software (Thermal radar 2), Nvidia Ex, Tuneup Util and Trillian
12. Provide the dxdiag, see attachments
13. See video, I don't have the project any more, it was broken and had no use after upload to support.
14. Will do
I haven’t tried this since my camera does have input for external microphone, however, the manual say this:

You record you video with sound on camera. At the same time record the sound separately on a recording device.

Then in PDR12, you syncs up the two sound tracts. Disable the sound from the video, so that only the imported sound from you sound recording device is on, and there you go.

I haven’t tried it mind you, but that is what the manual say.
Quote: Why don't you want to provide the information requested?

I can't because I am not at home right now, I am using another computer.
Quote: And the asked for information? Please read what is posted rather than just skimming the information and thinking about other things.

I don't use the trim function. I use the split and delete function. It is easier for me.

Let's get one problem addressed before going on to others - that may be addressed better in a new thread.

Then I bet you can reproduce it yourself using your own clips, by not using split and delete function, but instead start using the trim function.

Never the less, I'll stop chatting about stuff, I just thought that this is what the forum was for - the bug in PDR12 is binge attended to by Cyberlinks support team and none of you can fix the bug anyway. I just wanted other user’s experiences and/or workarounds (using spit and delete seem to be a potential workaround – and easier than using Sony tool beforehand).
Quote:
Quote: Ok, you are working for Cyberlink?

I have a support case open just now (CS001317799). But you can finde all the information’s you need in case CS001311032 (closed) including a project with 3D files, about 2GB or so, uploaded to your FTP server, so plenty to play around with, if you like.

Hi, Welcome to the forums.

Dafydd is a very active volunteer who does not have access to the trouble ticket you submitted. Of course neither do we. You are limiting your options for feedback and suggestions by not posting the information on the forums.

I have the same camcorder - NTSC- version and have not had any issues relating to editing and producing 3D video from 3D video. I have not had any issues using 2D video.

We need more information on your problem and especially your computer. How did you get the camcorder files onto your computer? Are you reasonably up to date on the updates for the program? Are you using the most recent video card drivers? Posting the information that Dafydd asked for will give us that information and more. There is no private information from the dxdiag.exe file except for your computer name.

Do you use trim in PDR12?

Because the way around it for me so far, have been to use Sony's software to trim the files before import to PDR12, then I have no problems doing the rest (like transitions, text, end scroll, background music etc.).
I can't make a 5 sec recoding to show, because I don't know when the error show, it may be 7 min into the movie, or 2 min or 15 min. It may come only after x numbers of trims, and not just one.

However, I’ll see what I can make.

Nice to hear you don’t have any issues from same camera, maybe I should try to use NTSC recording if it’s possible to change in camera from PAL to NTSC.

By the way, do you have any issues when using 3D BD format (1080 24p)?

I get studded video when using only 24fps, and my TV (Panasonic VT50) do not support HDMI 1.4b so AVCHD 2.0* is not possible (my Blu-ray player do support it though, but the TV shows only 720p when playing back (AVCHD 2.0), so I’ll have to use 1080 50i half side by side to get a 25p 3D file with better resolution than 720p.

*That is another issue with PDR12, I can’t make a AVCHD 2.0 Blu-ray disk without first making AVCHD 2.0 files to a SD card, then burning the files to a Blu-ray disk. It’s a workaround, but it’s silly that PDR12 don’t support the same format for both SD cards and Blu-ray disks.
Go to: