Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making two film clip colour similar?
molan1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Copenhagen, Denmark Joined: Nov 20, 2013 17:19 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I want to use two camera for a recording, so I can change view afterwards i editing, but the two cameras are different brands and have a slight difference in colour representation.

How do I make the colours more similar, so the viewers won't notice it's made by two different cameras?

regards
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector does have Fix/Enhance > Color Adjustment.

You can adjust the color of one of the videos there.

Be aware, the Fix/Enhance takes a lot of computer power. If your computer is not powerful enough you might have jumps and pauses in the video.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

molan1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Copenhagen, Denmark Joined: Nov 20, 2013 17:19 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
So I have to a just the video clip manually, there is no automatic "colour alignment/equalisation" feature then?

PS: CPU/GPU power is not a problem, PD 12 runs pretty fast on my pc. Of cause with no rendering needed it is many times faster still, but that's an ok investment.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Carl has the answer, trial and error. That is EXACTLY the reason I have 2 Vixia HF M models. Another good reason is trying to remember 2 different camera menus. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I have two Canon Cameras one is HF R100, the other is HF R300. The color from both cameras looks similar.

I have not tried a side by side comparison, set both camera on tripods next to each other and shoot the same scene.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

molan1976 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That would be the best solution I agree, however somewhat expensive considering I have a video camera, a dSLR and a pocket camera all capable of recording HD video.

It's free to use two of them at one time, but it presents this challenge about colouring. Two identical video camera would solve this, but cost me an extra camera. I'll rather solve this by colour adjustments then.