Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tomasc, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I uninstalled the Geforce Experience and it works now! At least it doesn't crash. The preview pane is choppy and sometimes skips ahead (I've seen other people having this problem), I thought the new, better machine would solve this issue, but it doesn't look like it. At least it's usable now though!
Thanks for the responses. I did Pack the project and hopefully copied it correctly to the new machine. There is no "unpack" that I could find, so I just copied all the files that it packed to the new computer. It seemed to work ok, but when it finished loading, it gives me the error. I can run the "boats" file okay and produce it. 95% of the time, the program crashes when it finishes loading my project. It's a big project. When I packed it, I believe it was 10GB worth of data - HD quality, only about 6 minutes on the timeline though. The other 5% of the time it will let me work for a while in the project before it crashes. I was actually able to produce it one time before it crashed.

When I installed PD on the new system, I told it to use shadow files. I believe the Geforce experience is loaded. I have verified and downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia.
I recently bought a new (refurbished) computer to replace my aging laptop. The new computer has Windows 7 professional (SP1), 16GB RAM, 1TB HD, Nvidia GeForce GTX745 with 4GB Ram. I thought this computer would be more than adequate to run PD13. I copied some of the files I had been working on over from my laptop and when I open them up, I usually receive the following error box: "Cyberlink Issue Reporter: PDR13.exe has stopped working" and then send us an error report. I have gone to the Nvidia website and downloaded their latest driver, am running the program as an administrator, have tried rebooting to no avail. Every once in a while the program will run for about 5-10 minutes without giving the error, but not much more than that. I have attached the DXDaig files. Currently, the program is unuable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote: Thanks very much for your posts! They tell the whole story of what's going on, and there are two main areas to focus on.

The first is your clips. They're encoded using Apple's proprietary ProRes format, and in order to edit them in PD you'd need to (or have your friend) convert them into a more compatible format, like H.264. The output can still be in MOV format (or MP4 or M2TS), but it has to be in another encoding format. It looks like your friend should have a copy of daVinci Resolve, which can convert the clips before he sends them to you. You can download Resolve for free too, and from what I've read it seems like it should be able to read the ProRes files and allow you to convert them.

The other item is with the drivers you have installed on your laptop. Athough your laptop looks to be about 4 years old, there are many drivers dating from 2009. The most important one is the Intel video driver, which dates from June 2013 and you should visit intel.com and install the version checker app and let it find, download and install the current drivers for your HD 3000.

This should be enough to get you up and running!

Thanks for your response. A follow up question just to be clear: His camera's format for the video is in an Apple proprietary format which doesn't work with PD. He is able to directly load them into Adobe Premier (I guess Adobe paid Apple to use their format)? If I want to continue to work with him, I either have to convert all his files or buy Premier?

I'm not sure what's going on with the drivers. I updated them not long ago. I will check on them again. Thanks!
Here's a short video of which I am having issues with (attached).
Sorry, yes here's some more info: Powerdirector Ultimate Version: 13.0.2604.0

I've attached the two DXDIAG files and the media info file. I will also upload a short clip soon.

Thanks!
Robert,
Thanks for your response. Yes, it plays in the Quicktime player. I can convert the file, but I would hope that PD13 would have the ability to use these as native file formats without having to convert them.
I am running PD13 on a Windows 7 i5 machine with 16GB RAM. I having been using it successfully for a while. A friend of mine used his Black Magic camera to record some video and he gave me the .mov QuickTime files. When I import them, I get "a shadow file in not available..." error pointing to a subdirectory not on my computer (maybe one of the hidden files on his camera drive). I get through that error. The file does not show a preview in the preview pane. When I drag the file to the timeline it give me a "Media Source Error Code 2" error. Here is the text of the error:

Media Source Error Report :Error type : Video cutMaterial type : VideoError information : UnknownMaterial filename : F:\Mypictures\Its a Jeep Thing\writersblock\firstnight\tony cinema_1_2015-12-03_2139_C0009.movDetailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1408Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA

I have downloaded the latest version of QuickTime and am running PD as an administrator, which helped a few others with this problem, but has not helped me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tomasc, thanks for your response. That is exactly what I have to do: right click, then unlink the audio and video. When I came up with this issue, I did update to 2604, but you're right, the project was started with an earlier build. I am starting a new project today (with build 2604) and will see if I get a repeat of the problem. Crossing fingers that 2604 solved the problem.
Per Dafydd's suggestions in another thread, I will be starting a new thread on this issue. Here is the original thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/42151.page#226532. I apologize for not quickly responding to comments in the original thread, but I had to find other ways to complete the project in a hurry.

Here is the issue: It appears that after I save the file and shut down the program, then reopen the program, some of the clips on the timeline can no longer be modified or edited in any way. The clips that this effects seems random. Some versions of the project that I have saved, closed then opened have different clips that can no longer be edited than others. After reading some of the previous thread, I found that if I Unlink Audio and Video, this allows the clip to be edited. I believe the audio and video become unsynced at some point upon saving or loading the file. This is usually not enough to where it is visibly different (the audio and video clips) offset, but I have seen in one instance this was by a few seconds and a few of my clips showed visible offsets between the video and auido. Here is a sample of what I am seeing. I click on clip S4_R1 (red circle on left) and you can see from above it doesn't allow me to edit it. The clips on the right, also circled in red, show that I have either unlinked the audio and video and/or removed it. Sorry for the possibly disturbing images, I am working on short horror film.

I am having the same issue with PD13. I have similar short clips from the same camera that I place onto the timeline. It appears that after I save the file and shut down the program, then reopen the program, some of the clips on the timeline can no longer be modified or edited in any way. The clips that this effects seems random. Some versions of the project that I have saved, closed then opened have different clips that can no longer be edited than others. This has made PD13 unusable for me. Please help.

Thanks!
Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help with this. I wish it had a different ending, but now I understand why it's doing what it's doing!
After reviewing all your comments, I think I may have had a small epiphany. The second video freezes before the true split and the first video freezes after the split for the duration of the timeframe. When I looked closely at the timeline, this may make sense. There is NO video of the second Jeep (second video) prior the split, so is PD using only the first frame as the transition? And same goes for the first, PD may be using only the last frame of the first video for the last half of the transition.

Is this what PD is supposed to do? I wouldn't think so (hence, all my previous questions), but not sure how it was developed.
Quote:
Quote: Jeff, thanks for your response. I'm not sure if I understand what you said, but maybe this will help. The second video (the one I am transitioning to) "freezes" during the entire transition period of the first video. So, if the entire transition period is 2 seconds long (1 second on video one and 1 second on video 2), the second video freezes for the entire second while the transition is playing on video 1. As soon as the playhead crosses to video 2, the second video begins to move. It is much longer than 1 frame.

Also, the inverse happens. The fist video freezes during the part of the transition over the second video.

Does that make sense?

Sorry, I don't see that effect in your posted youtube files, nothing freezes for anything close to a second during my playback. Your item "B" for me is smooth except for the one static freeze on a single frame. Your item "C" plays through without this effect. I can believe playback of the timeline while editing on your computer may freeze as you state but I do not see it in the posted youtube files and in a earlier post you stated it happens during preview and produced movies so I'm unsure of the issue.

Quote: Also, the previews AND the produced movies have the same behavior.

Jeff

Jeff,

Look at video B. The second Jeep, just coming in from fade freezes between the 4 and 5 second mark. It should be moving as the transition begins. I have viewed the video from other computers (including a Mac) and it does the same thing.

Tony,

Yeah, I'm not sure what Youtube did with the aspect ratio. I decided just to leave it because it didn't change the behavior. On my computer, both in preview and in produced movies, the aspect ratio is fine.

Yes, making the duration of the transition shorter lessens the impact, but still doesn't stop it. I have uploaded another short video with a longer transition (4 seconds instead of 2). This amplifies the freezing effect. Look at the Jeep between about 3.5 - 5.5 seconds, it is frozen in the frame. http://youtu.be/nxroVdj0hWg

And here is the video with correct aspect ratio: http://youtu.be/7ee7E2vHKqA

Yes, I still have the aspect ratio problem (though it doesn't effect the outcome).

Thanks for your help!
Quote: matt@expaz, sounds like you are using the "Cross" transition with the "Cross" transition behavior. The effect I believe you are seeing is the one perfect frame (no transition) that occurs at the interface of the two clips. To check this out, go to movie mode in a zoomed in timeline and advance one frame at a time (period key) through the transition. You will see this "perfect" frame in the middle, no offset blur motion from the cross transition. During playback, this will appear as a freeze, as it is, there is no offset blur transition effect, it's one fixed frame.

If you only have a few of these you can produce this footage and then edit and cut out the one frame of the still transition so it's not noticed during playback.

I believe the above is also why you don't see it with "Overlap" transition behavior as for that method one still frame does not exist as you always have a blur overlay effect because the clips are overlapping so no "perfect" frame exists.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for your response. I'm not sure if I understand what you said, but maybe this will help. The second video (the one I am transitioning to) "freezes" during the entire transition period of the first video. So, if the entire transition period is 2 seconds long (1 second on video one and 1 second on video 2), the second video freezes for the entire second while the transition is playing on video 1. As soon as the playhead crosses to video 2, the second video begins to move. It is much longer than 1 frame.

Also, the inverse happens. The fist video freezes during the part of the transition over the second video.

Does that make sense?
Quote:
Quote: I went through windows driver update and it stated that it was the best/latest driver for my graphics card.

You should go to the actual site of the GC manufacturer and find the TRUE latest update (certified, no beta).

Thanks! I went to Intel, updated to the latest driver ~ 6/27/13. Rebooted, ran again. Did not change. The freezing still occurs.

I have tried it with hardware encoding turned on and off. No change. The freezing still occurs.
1) I have tried the "Non-realtime preview" and it doesn't make a difference either way.

2) Yes, I put the files into WMM, produced them and then brought them back into PD and the transition still freezes.

3) I've uploaded some examples to Youtube that I am working with (these are HD, but the same thing happens in low res) so you can see what I'm talking about.

A) This is the PD12 version without any transitions: http://youtu.be/tQCmzXm0NJ0

B) This is the PD12 version with the cross fade transition: http://youtu.be/rz2pG3UcNB0
You can see how the Jeep freezes during the transition

C) This is the PD12 version with the fade transition now done as overlap (which isn't what I want). This transition seems to work just fine. http://youtu.be/FSnlKFd2Sv0

D) This is the WMM file done with the blur transition, similar to fade overlap. I don't think WMM has a cross fade transition??
http://youtu.be/Wqm8FHmxWSg
Quote: Thanks Matt for the information.
Please update PDR12 with the latest patch to 2209, your build had issues that needed correcting. See links: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30502.page

Your system will struggle especially your graphic card set up as it relies upon the little ram you have to bolster it.

Have you tried to pre-render the transition points to see how they play? Previewing in real time isn't working for you.

Mix matching video has to be dealt with carefully by an editor.

Dafydd

I'm not sure what you mean by pre-render the transition points. Could you explain what that is? Also, the previews AND the produced movies have the same behavior. Does that help. The examples I gave you of the mixed resolution videos were done in different projects. The problem I am having all have the same videos from the same camera. I have also updated my software with the updates shown on the page suggested. They did not help solve the problem.
Quote: Hi Matt

Further to the excellent already given advice does the happen when you Produce your project?

To Produce a project go to the Produce tab and select a profile as close to your original file type.

Note my Canon shoots at over 88 Mbps Silly really

Yes, it happens in both preview screens and when I produce a project. I have tried producing a project with a few different varieties of files and they all show the freeze happening. I'd like to ask what may be a stupid question since I'm such a newbie. I am hearing a lot about the Mbps rate. Not sure if this does anything for that (or makes a difference), but I brought in a few clips to Windows Movie Maker (I wanted to keep in separate from PD), then saved the file in different resolutions. Does this effect the Mbps? I think brought in these new files into PD and tried transistions. They still had the same freeze point.
Yes, the video looks smooth if I remove the transitions. I went through windows driver update and it stated that it was the best/latest driver for my graphics card. Also, the HD videos are very short and have completed the shadowing prior to me editing them. But, I don't think it's an HD issue, my other videos that are shot in low res do the same thing.
Go to: