Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, the video looks smooth if I remove the transitions. I went through windows driver update and it stated that it was the best/latest driver for my graphics card. Also, the HD videos are very short and have completed the shadowing prior to me editing them. But, I don't think it's an HD issue, my other videos that are shot in low res do the same thing.
Here is the Canon Media file.
Thank you for responding! I have PowerDirector Ultimate 12 version 12.0.2109.0 Part A). I have attached the Diag files (Part B) and the Media Info files (Part J). Please note I have included two different files that I am working with, but not in the same project. One was from my Canon T3i in HD, the other was shot with a Panasonic point and shoot in low resolution. Both freeze during a transition from one video to another of the same type.

There's a limit to three attachments, so I will attach the Canon Media file to the next post.

Thanks again for your help!
Hello,

I tried to post this at the end of another forum topic that did didn't seem to answer the question, so I will try here. I am a newbie to Powerdirector (and video editing), having just purchased PD12. I am having a problem with the video "freezing" for about 1/2 a second after a transition. After looking at some previous forums, others with earlier versions seems to have had similar problems. It is especially noticable when using the cross fade transistion.It happens in both preview and final movie output (I have tried a few different options). The video was shot in HD, 24 fps, with my Canon T3i, though it also happens with video shot in lower resolution and with a different camera. I am editing on my laptop with i5 CPU, Windows 7, 6GB ram, Intel Graphics card.

From other posts I've read, people have had this issue with high-end graphics cards and different versions. Sometimes they've fixed the problem with some upgrades or other bug fixes. I don't see anything like that in PD12. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Hello,

I am a newbie to Powerdirector (and video editing), having just purchased PD12. I am having the same problem as stated above (which seems to have had similar problems with earlier versions). When using the cross fade transistion, the second video freezes for about 1 second. It happens in both preview and final movie output (I have tried a few different options). The video was shot in HD, 24 fps, with my Canon T3i. I am editing on my laptop with i5 CPU, Windows 7, 6GB ram, Intel Graphics card. Seems like this is one of the most common transistions used (since it can be set as the default) and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Go to: