Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 does not work on new computer (PDR13.exe error)
[Post New]
I recently bought a new (refurbished) computer to replace my aging laptop. The new computer has Windows 7 professional (SP1), 16GB RAM, 1TB HD, Nvidia GeForce GTX745 with 4GB Ram. I thought this computer would be more than adequate to run PD13. I copied some of the files I had been working on over from my laptop and when I open them up, I usually receive the following error box: "Cyberlink Issue Reporter: PDR13.exe has stopped working" and then send us an error report. I have gone to the Nvidia website and downloaded their latest driver, am running the program as an administrator, have tried rebooting to no avail. Every once in a while the program will run for about 5-10 minutes without giving the error, but not much more than that. I have attached the DXDaig files. Currently, the program is unuable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag64
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
225 time(s)
[Thumb - PD13notworking.PNG]
 Filename
PD13notworking.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
error box
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
193 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Did you install PDR13 on the new computer by using the original downloaded files or the original CD?

Test your PD 13 by putting Boats.wmv on the timeline and try producing.

Boats.wmv is one of the sample files included with Powerdirector 13.

It is possible that your transferred the old projects without the the files that are in that project.

The correct way to transfer projects to another computer is to Pack Project Materials on the old computer, then copy that packed project folder to the new computer.

Pack Project Materials puts all of the 'stuff' on the timeline into a single folder along with the corrected pds file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2016 23:22

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Check to see if you have shadow play or the geforce experience installed on this pc with the latest driver update.
[Post New]
Thanks for the responses. I did Pack the project and hopefully copied it correctly to the new machine. There is no "unpack" that I could find, so I just copied all the files that it packed to the new computer. It seemed to work ok, but when it finished loading, it gives me the error. I can run the "boats" file okay and produce it. 95% of the time, the program crashes when it finishes loading my project. It's a big project. When I packed it, I believe it was 10GB worth of data - HD quality, only about 6 minutes on the timeline though. The other 5% of the time it will let me work for a while in the project before it crashes. I was actually able to produce it one time before it crashed.

When I installed PD on the new system, I told it to use shadow files. I believe the Geforce experience is loaded. I have verified and downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The geforce experience cause a lot of problems in the other forum. Try this: Uninstall it to see the crash stops. It is not necessary to enable shadow files with a computer of your spec. unless you work with video with a resolution greater than 2k.

Let us know if this helps.
[Post New]
Tomasc, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I uninstalled the Geforce Experience and it works now! At least it doesn't crash. The preview pane is choppy and sometimes skips ahead (I've seen other people having this problem), I thought the new, better machine would solve this issue, but it doesn't look like it. At least it's usable now though!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Glad that your crashing has stopped. Your pc is not much different from that of many users on this forum. I find that 1080p60 clips on the timeline does not require shadow files. They are required to edit 4k video. If your video is 2k or lower in resolution then you don't need shadow files if your preview quality is set to the default high or normal. If you do use shadow files then you must wait until those clips in the media library with the gold icon change to green before importing them to the timeline to get a smooth preview.

Let us know the resolution of the clips that you are using.