Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Modify Video Clips - video and audio unlinked
[Post New]
Per Dafydd's suggestions in another thread, I will be starting a new thread on this issue. Here is the original thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/42151.page#226532. I apologize for not quickly responding to comments in the original thread, but I had to find other ways to complete the project in a hurry.

Here is the issue: It appears that after I save the file and shut down the program, then reopen the program, some of the clips on the timeline can no longer be modified or edited in any way. The clips that this effects seems random. Some versions of the project that I have saved, closed then opened have different clips that can no longer be edited than others. After reading some of the previous thread, I found that if I Unlink Audio and Video, this allows the clip to be edited. I believe the audio and video become unsynced at some point upon saving or loading the file. This is usually not enough to where it is visibly different (the audio and video clips) offset, but I have seen in one instance this was by a few seconds and a few of my clips showed visible offsets between the video and auido. Here is a sample of what I am seeing. I click on clip S4_R1 (red circle on left) and you can see from above it doesn't allow me to edit it. The clips on the right, also circled in red, show that I have either unlinked the audio and video and/or removed it. Sorry for the possibly disturbing images, I am working on short horror film.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The first clip on track 2 is highlighted. Right mouse click and unlink the video and audio. That should fix it for that clip as Barry suggested in the other link. There could be others. Check to see that you are on the latest build 2604 of PD13. If you still have problems, that could mean that this project might have been started on an earlier build.
[Post New]
Tomasc, thanks for your response. That is exactly what I have to do: right click, then unlink the audio and video. When I came up with this issue, I did update to 2604, but you're right, the project was started with an earlier build. I am starting a new project today (with build 2604) and will see if I get a repeat of the problem. Crossing fingers that 2604 solved the problem.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You can always replace those individual clips with the source files in the library, too. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi matt@expaz ,
Thank you for starting a new topic.

I see you're using Shadow Edit Files. I wonder if you can provide a diagnostic file - I'm wondering a) if you need to use SEF's and b) SEF's have thrown up some strange error/issues for editors in the past. A diagnostic will help us guide you.

Guide Part B. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page

Dafydd