Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
save edited timeline clip to media room
[Post New]
I have a major project where I have two sets of videos from a drone. One set is from the camera in the drone. The other set it from a phone taking video of the drone externally (as it goes by, etc.). I've tried mixing these with PIP and the workload to make that happen is too much. So I want to create some video snips from the phone video, and place them into the media library. Then in the video from the drone I will insert the "fly by" clips from the phone. Problem is I find no way to save the phone clips into the media library so I can insert them as needed into the main video. So here are my questions...

1. Is it possible to save a clip in the timeline into the media library -- kinda like when you do a snapshot it puts in in the library.

2. Is there a better/alternate way to do this?

Thanks for any tips/directions you can provide! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a major project where I have two sets of videos from a drone. One set is from the camera in the drone. The other set it from a phone taking video of the drone externally (as it goes by, etc.). I've tried mixing these with PIP and the workload to make that happen is too much. So I want to create some video snips from the phone video, and place them into the media library. Then in the video from the drone I will insert the "fly by" clips from the phone. Problem is I find no way to save the phone clips into the media library so I can insert them as needed into the main video. So here are my questions...

1. Is it possible to save a clip in the timeline into the media library -- kinda like when you do a snapshot it puts in in the library.

Thanks for any tips/directions you can provide!

My understanding of you problem is:

1. You have footage from a drone on an SD card, which you can transfer onto your desktop/laptop. You can then import that footage/clip/file into the media room of your new project. Or upload to google drive and then download to your desktop.

2. You have video clip(s) on your cellphone which you want to export to your desktop/laptop. If you phone is an Android phone you can connect the phone to the desktop. If you can't see the phones internal folders google how to. If the phone is an iPhone I have no idea but I presume it's possible. Or upload to Apple's cloud and download to your machine. Then import into the media room.

Once in the media room you can cut and mix at will.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a major project where I have two sets of videos from a drone. One set is from the camera in the drone. The other set it from a phone taking video of the drone externally (as it goes by, etc.). I've tried mixing these with PIP and the workload to make that happen is too much. So I want to create some video snips from the phone video, and place them into the media library. Then in the video from the drone I will insert the "fly by" clips from the phone. Problem is I find no way to save the phone clips into the media library so I can insert them as needed into the main video. So here are my questions...

Thanks for any tips/directions you can provide!

Hi,
Not at my desk at the moment but look at selecting the range you want - part of or a complete clip - and produce that to the same profile as your final production. It will produce to your choice of location and be placed into the media library, if that choice is checked in preferences.

I think that's what you require??

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
So, there are many solutions and also many interpretations of what you ask for 😊
I assume that you don’t have problems with getting a clip from your phone to the computer (and after that loading the clip into the media room), is it? (If it is the problem, then browser the internet for a number of solutions, including the one that lets you connect the phone to the PC and drag the clips into a folder etc.)
What I understand of your question is, that you have the clip from your phone available on the PC, but that you want parts of the entire clip selected and readily available into the media room, so that you can add them to the timeline at will.
If THAT is the question then a possible route is, to include the entire clip into the media room, then right click that clip and in the menu select the PRECUT tool. In the windows that is opened you can either select one part or multiple parts of the original clip. After you have clicked OK, the precut clips become available in the media room readily available for addition to the timeline.
See also: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/21/win/enu/98_01_05_how_to_trim.html?q=precut
Hope this helps.
[Post New]
Quote right click that clip and in the menu select the PRECUT tool.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks!

I have been making videos with PD since about PD8, but had never run across this need before.

smile
[Post New]
Boy, that PRECUT thing has saved me a lot of time. I love it! Thanks for the tip! smile