Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
missing DirectorZone setup
[Post New]
In my preferences there is no DirectorZone tab. I can't import tempates from DZ from within PD-365. What am I doing wrong? Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In my PD365, the Preference/DirectorZone is the 11th item down on the top left. It is just below Capture and Confirmation. There is a checkbox for Auto sign in to the Directorzone too.

You can download DirectorZone templates from the media library of PD365 like going to Titles/Downloaded/New Templates. This works with transitions, PiP objects, and particles too. You can browse and sign in if needed.
[Post New]
Quote In my PD365, the Preference/DirectorZone is the 11th item down on the top left. It is just below Capture and Confirmation. There is a checkbox for Auto sign in to the Directorzone too.

It's not there for me. See screen prints.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-10-31 174836.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-10-31 174836.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
377 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-10-31 174735.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-10-31 174735.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
357 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
There was an update 5 days ago if you use the application manager to start PD365 but no update if you use the shortcuts. After updating I found the DirectorZone button is gone, It has gone the way of the Dodo bird.

You can still use the DirectorZone. CyberLink adds so many new templates each month written internally that you don’t need the DZ anymore.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There was an update 5 days ago if you use the application manager to start PD365 but no update if you use the shortcuts. After updating I found the DirectorZone button is gone, It has gone the way of the Dodo bird.

You can still use the DirectorZone. CyberLink adds so many new templates each month written internally that you don’t need the DZ anymore.

It appears CL implied they will do away with DirectorZone from PD and other products, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27217 I guess the update has done so.

Jeff
[Post New]

It appears CL implied they will do away with DirectorZone from PD and other products, https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27217 I guess the update has done so.

Jeff

Interesting. The "Download XXX Templates" dialong is still there, but it doesn't work. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Interesting. The "Download XXX Templates" dialong is still there, but it doesn't work.

You can still download DirectorZone templates from the media library of PD365 like going to Titles/Downloaded/New Templates. This works with transitions, PiP objects, and particles too. You can browse and sign in if needed. That has not changed at all. That function was never in my PD17 in which you claimed to have before but is in my earlier versions of PD.

Try this: Click on the button for the PiP, click downloaded, click Free Templates on the top left. Your browser opens to the DirectorZone. Maximize the browser so that you can see the Sign in button on the top right. Sign in first. You can now download any PiP objects on the page or on any page.Don’t sign out if you don’t want to. Download one. A popup window asks you to click to install it. Do so. The new PiP object will appear in the PiP room downloaded at the bottom.You may need to scroll to see it assuming you chose the right aspect ratio.

The DZ has not changed at all. You just don’t get the selection that Jeff mentioned that has gone away. You probably expected that the Download new template thumbnail to do everything automatically without you have to do any work. This has never happen on any previous version of PD. including PD17.
[Post New]
Here's what's up for me.

1. PD17 has the ability to set up your DZ login, from within the program, via the "preferences". It does not have a built-in tempolate finder like PD365 has (see attached image). Whenever needing a template from DZ from within PD17 it brings up a browser.

2. PD365 does not have the ability to set up your DZ login via the "preferences". It does have a built-in dialog to find and download templates (see image). It comes up when you say go to transitions and choose "Download content from Cyberlink Cloud/DirectorZone" from the "Import Media" button. However, this dialog does not work. No matter what you do, it always says "No templates matched the search" (because you haven't given it your login?). Of course you can always use a browser for getting templates from https://directorzone.cyberlink.com, which is a multistep process. It would be nice if the built-in downloader worked (more productive).

Bottom line: the built-in template getter is still a work in progress (doesn't work).
[Thumb - Screenshot 2022-11-02 122614.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2022-11-02 122614.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
226 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
2. PD365 does not have the ability to set up your DZ login via the "preferences". It does have a built-in dialog to find and download templates (see image). It comes up when you say go to transitions and choose "Download content from Cyberlink Cloud/DirectorZone" from the "Import Media" button. However, this dialog does not work. No matter what you do, it always says "No templates matched the search" (because you haven't given it your login?). Of course you can always use a browser for getting templates from https://directorzone.cyberlink.com, which is a multistep process. It would be nice if the built-in downloader worked (more productive).

I think your use structure is wrong for what I believe CL has now implemented. I don't believe it's a free for all random search for things on directorzone. If you go to directorzone via a web page, add a transition with the heart favorite icon. You then can download or search these transitions. Yours is empty as you have not uploaded anything, your pic is set to "My Uploads". Favorite a few on directorzone.com, change the drop down to "My Favorites" from "My Uploads" and then you will see them and can search those.

Jeff
[Post New]

I think your use structure is wrong for what I believe CL has now implemented. I don't believe it's a free for all random search for things on directorzone. If you go to directorzone via a web page, add a transition with the heart favorite icon. You then can download or search these transitions. Yours is empty as you have not uploaded anything, your pic is set to "My Uploads". Favorite a few on directorzone.com, change the drop down to "My Favorites" from "My Uploads" and then you will see them and can search those.

Jeff

AHA! So the pop-up dialoque only shows templates you have previously downloaded via a browser? Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Let's step back a bit... What is this feature (see image) and how is it used?
I believe I addressed a significant part of that in the prior post. If you "Favorite" transitions on directorzone, as shown in attached DZ_Favorites.png, those will be available for download and use in PD when the drop down is set to "My Favorites". You can search those transitions in the "My Favorites", attached pic PD21_DZ.png. For instance, a search of 532 would return just the one transition, "merbumi 4 - 532". The other two drop downs, "My Uploads" and "Download History" appear pretty self-explanatory.

Reading between the lines a little in the CL FAQ I posted, I probably wouldn’t be surprised if at some time CL did away entirely with user based directorzone offerings (they site user decline) and went with just their push of 360 template updates.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD21_DZ.png]
 Filename
PD21_DZ.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - DZ_Favorites.png]
 Filename
DZ_Favorites.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
188 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately PDuser97031B deleted his whole thread contents with the above quoted line "Lets step back....." in my response and then PDM deleted the whole thread. Not much continuity.

I wish they'd remove the edit feature as too many posters totally abuse it on this forum and delete their entire written thoughts they presented vs just correcting a typo or formatting error.

Jeff