Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jaime-esque,
Appreciate your help, but I still don't get it. I'm a novice, so a lot of what you are talking about I don't understand.
Thanks for your help anyway. YOU know what you're talking about, but I think I'm a little too inexperienced to benefit from your explanation.
Thanks again.
Phil
Thanks.
The URL you gave gives HTML tags. But they don't reference the video. I'm confused. Could you walk me through, from exactly how the slideshow has to be produced in PD11, etc?
Thanks again.
AFTER I CREATE A SLIDESHOW, CAN I EMBED IT IN MY WEBSITE? IF SO, HOW, OR WHERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DO SO.
THANKS!

PHIL
playsound,
Thanks ever so much. I did as you directed and everything worked fine.
Now I won't have to apply the White Balance to 33 individual clips tomorrow, you saved me a lot of time.
And thanks for trying to help me, Carl312.
Buenos Noches.

Phil
Thanks to both of you very, very much. I will try this tomorrow.
I've been busy trying to Video Enhance 43 separate clips. Gotta go to bed.

Thank you again!

Phil
Thank you, Carl and playsound.

Unfortunately, since I am new to this, I don't understand your solutions.
Carl, you say one clip at a time, which means I cannot do what I'm trying to do. It would seem that if I wanted to apply a video enhancement, white balance, and other "enhancements" (using the Fix/Enhance button to bring up the options) that I wouldn't have to do that for each clip. Suppose I had 30 clips, all taken in the same room of a church or school. If I wanted to apply the same fix to all 30 (e.g., 55 degrees of Video Enhancement), then I must do that to each of the 30 clips, individually? That seems pretty awkward. But maybe there is not, in fact, a way to "batch process" multiple clips. Seems to me that would be a great feature if it is still lacking after 11 revisions.
In any event, thank you a lot for trying to help me. Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.

Phil
PD11

I have several clips in the Timeline. The White Balance needs correcting in all of them. Also need to apply Video Enhancement to the same degree to all of them.
Is there a way to do this at once, or do I have to write down the settings I used for the initial clip and repeat for every other clip?
I've looked in the User Guide, Tutorials, (which don't seem to work), and here on the forum, and I can't find any reference to Batch Editing, Multiple Clip Editing, etc.

Thanks.

Phil
Well, I did not start all over again. Just moved one track to another, then back up, and jiggled it around a bit, and viola! it worked.
Many thanks again to those who provided suggestions and cure. I was perhaps treating the program with kid gloves, not wanting to "break" something, akin to some folks when they first use a computer (are there any more of them around?).
On to the next challenge.

Thank you again!

Phil
And cheers to you, Tony!

I will start again from scratch. As I read your answer, the problem may reside in the way I've aligned the clips, not necessarily the fact that I've stripped the audio out of two tracks.
As soon as I can, I'll start anew.

Thank you again, I'll post my results here.

Phil
OK, here's what I'm trying to do:
Drag a transition to the end of a clip, or the beginning of another clip.
I was able to do this twice, but now, no joy.
Thanks.

Phil
OK, here's a picture of what I've done, and what I'm trying to do.
I was successful at adding some transitions, as you can see, but not with trying to add the same transition at another end of a clip or beginning of a clip. I know I must be doing something wrong that's really basic, seeing as I've had the software for just a few days, but this "intermittent" behavior has me stumped.
I will purchase a screen recorder and record my actions if that will help, and any suggestion as to which one to get (I'll probably only use it this one time) would be appreciated.

Thank you again everyone. This Forum is aweso...oops, I almost used that word that I have forbidden myself to use. This Forum is great and wonderful.

Phil
Yes, I started to work on that tonight and got waylaid. I'll try again tomorrow. How does one expand the timeline? And I'll have to figure out how to attach a file.

I will post my feeble attempts at showing you this tomorrow. Well, later today, technically. Anyway...Wednesday.

Thank you for your help.

Phil
Yes, I started to work on that tonight and got waylaid. I'll try again tomorrow. How does one expand the timeline? And I'll have to figure out how to attach a file.

I will post my feeble attempts at showing you this tomorrow. Well, later today, technically. Anyway...Wednesday.

Thank you for your help.

Phil
Yes, on the Video track. I was able to apply transitions at the start of the first clip, at the end of the second clip, and at the end of the third clip. They almost jumped off of my cursor when I got near those positions. But I can't apply transitions in the other positions.
Must I select "Postfix" somewhere before I drag the transition? If so, that's the problem, but I don't see a place to select postfix/prefix, and did not see any reference to selecting them in the tutorial.
Thank you for trying to help me, I'm stuck.
Unfortunately, no. Beautiful tutorial, but it does not address my issue, or at least I don's see where it does. I'll look at it again, I suppose it has to do with 'prefix' and 'postfix', but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
Thanks anyway.
Windows 7
PD11 11.0.0.2812
SR # VDE130411-03

I have 3 clips. I can slide a transition to the beginning of a clip, but not to the end of it. I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Phil
Any answer to samankra03? I'm having the same problem, except I can insert transitions in some clips, but not others. I am doing something wrong, obviously. Any help>?
PIX,
Will do.
I see now that the majority of my questions should have been addressed to the PowerDirector 11 Forum.
I'll download 2812 patch, and re-install latest version of QT. Heck, if you told me that next I should scratch my elbow, I'd just ask which one.
Thank you again PIX for your time, patience, knowledge, and general goodness.

Phil
Should I download the Updates/Patches? My version number is 11.0.0.2707.
Good deal. I searched my HD again with no success, so I went to the URL you provided, entered my UserName and PW, went to My Account>Manage My Products, and am downloading those two files now (big honking files!).
Do you remember basically what I get by downloading them?
This seems to me to be a very powerful program. I am going to devour the User Guide while running the program.
I think the church got its money's worth.
How do I repay you? Anything you want to know about close-up card magic? I can help (in a Private Message).
Take care...you'll probably hear from me again before it's all over.
This forum, and people like you (I assume there are others like you...well, maybe not exactly like you, but anyway... who help folks out also) are extremely valuable. I'd still be on Square One if not for you. As it is, here I am, already on Square 4. Twenty or thirty more hours of playing around with this program and harrassing you, and I'll be out of PD11 Kindergarten and well on my way to Second Grade.
Take care.

Phil
Go to: