Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
transition between video tracks
PatrickDengler [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2012 18:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to Ping-Pong between video tracks and apply transitions between those tracks?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patrick -

If by "ping-pong" you mean flick from one clip to the other repeatedly... yes.

There are different ways you could do that:

1. Split the clips however you wish - rearrange them on one track & insert transitions
2. Drop one clip in a track directly below the other - then modify the opacity of the second clip with keyframes (that will only result in fades)

There'd be many ways to get whatever effect you're after. Maybe a bit more specific information would help.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
samankra03 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2012 07:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I can't apply a transition effect onto a clip or between clips on the timeline in powerdirector 11. When I drag a transition effect onto a clip or between two clips on the timeline, nothing happens. I still have my old version 9.0 of powerdirector installed on the same laptop and when I double-checked whether the transition effect worked on that version, I found that it still worked perfectly. What might be the problem with Powerdirector 11?
ppearce43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2013 23:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Any answer to samankra03? I'm having the same problem, except I can insert transitions in some clips, but not others. I am doing something wrong, obviously. Any help>?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ppearce -

The usual cause of this is that there is a tiny "blank" space between the clips. I you expand the timeline to maximum zoom you'll be able to see whether that's the problem.

Are you getting the little red (no go) circle pop up?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ppearce43,

Just in case it may be applicable. Here’s a quick visual follow up example of Tony’s suggested possible cause, of a Transition not seeming to seat, owing to a slight gap between one’s clips in the timeline.

[EDIT: Hmm. Seems the YT embed didn't work like it used to. Oh well, gave it a shot. ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaOeP-Zp7xE

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 21. 2013 03:53

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips