Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Good deal. I searched my HD again with no success, so I went to the URL you provided, entered my UserName and PW, went to My Account>Manage My Products, and am downloading those two files now (big honking files!).
Do you remember basically what I get by downloading them?
This seems to me to be a very powerful program. I am going to devour the User Guide while running the program.
I think the church got its money's worth.
How do I repay you? Anything you want to know about close-up card magic? I can help (in a Private Message).
Take care...you'll probably hear from me again before it's all over.
This forum, and people like you (I assume there are others like you...well, maybe not exactly like you, but anyway... who help folks out also) are extremely valuable. I'd still be on Square One if not for you. As it is, here I am, already on Square 4. Twenty or thirty more hours of playing around with this program and harrassing you, and I'll be out of PD11 Kindergarten and well on my way to Second Grade.
Take care.

Phil
Hi PIX,
OK, I went ahead and uninstalled what I think was the Trial Version of PD11 Ultimate Suite.
During the installation process of the PD11 Ultra, I was presented with a screen that had similar content as the images you showed in the last message, i.e., the PD11 download, plus 2 other "Content" downloads. The instructions said to make SURE to download and install the PD11 Ultra before doing the same to the Content packages. So I did just that, but now I don't know how to get back to the download instructions so that I can download and install those two Content packages.
I can't remember the exact names of the downloads, but I don't think that they were downloaded.
In the meantime, I followed your excellent instructions on how to insert one video in the middle of another one and mute its audio, and it worked like a charm. 3 more Gold Stars to you.
If you have an idea how I can download those 2 other "Content" files or packages or whatever they are called, please let me know. I think one was called "Content" and the other "Premium Content", but I could be wrong.
Thank you, PIX.

Phil
Hi PIX,
I am sorry to keep bothering you.
Back on 5/8, I downloaded the Trial Version of the PD Ultimate Suite, and installed it. Played around with it for a while, then posted my question to this forum, which you kindly answered.
This morning, I went ahead and ordered PD11 Ultra from the Cyberlink website. I downloaded PD11 and installed it, but now, when I go to Control Panel>Programs and Features, it shows only PD11 Ultimate Suite, not PD11 Ultra.
What should I do now? Just shoot myself? I wish CL had real-time customer support, so I wouldn't have to keep on bothering you.
I suppose I need to Uninstall the Ultimate Suite application, as well as the Audio and Color Programs that came with the Trial Version of the Ultimate Suite. But will that wipe out my PD 11 Ultra download?
I paid for "Extended Download" feature, as well as a Backup CD.
PIX, if you haven't the time for answering these questions, I thoroughly understand. You've been extremely helpful and I don't want to make a pest of myself.
In any event, Thanks.

Phil
Yes, by vanilla I meant just PowerDirector. Based on your descriptions and the other information you provided, I'm going to purchase the PD11 Ultra. (not the suite).

I guess the next thing I need to do is purchase the software. Can you order the boxed version (CD) or is downloading the program and checking the box for "Backup CD" the only way to get a CD?

Thank you again, PIX.

Phil
PIX,
Thank you very much for helping me out.
If I read your message the way you meant it to be read, you listed 2 different ways to, effectively, do the same thing. Is that right?
If so, I'll go ahead and purchase the Power Director, IF it can also make menus, which I'll also need. I assume it can, and that the number of menu items can be fairly large? I plan on having the DVD open with our Pastor welcoming the viewer, and then a menu screen should appear, with choices like Sunday School, Choir, Church Missions, Food Pantry, Youth/Teens, etc. Maybe 10-12 different menu items. Does the vanilla Power Director have the capability to do that?

Thank you again for your prompt and knowledgeable reply.

Phil
Am trying to decide which version of Power Director I need - Ultimate, or Ultimate Suite. I want to have a video (Vid A) of someone speaking. Let's say the length of that video is 5 minutes. 2 minutes in, I want to insert another video (Vid B) which lasts 1 minute. Then I want to switch back to Vid A for the final 2 minutes. However, during the time that Vid B is playing, I want the audio from Vid A to continue, and I want to remove, or "mute", (or "strip"?) the audio from Vid B. In other words, I want the audio of someone speaking from Vid A for the entire 5 minutes, and none of the audio from Vid B. I'm sorry, I am completely new to this so I'm sure there is a term for this type of audio editing (stripping?), but I don't know it.
This is part of a larger project that involves many interviews of various people, etc.
First, will either or both of the products I'm looking at do this equally well? If I need the Ultimate Suite, no problem, but I don't want to spend my church's money on something that's not needed.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Phil
Thank you so much for your reply.
Phil
Newbie here, have not yet purchased, but am looking at PowerDirector Ultimate Suite.
I am in charge of designing a DVD to give to first time visitors to our church. I need software that will allow me to play an intro video clip, then switch to a "Menu" page with 10-15 different menu options.
Most importantly, I also need to be able to have a video of a person talking about, say, Evening Bible Study, and then switch to a video of an evening bible study in session, but without the bible study audio...in other words, to continue with the audio from the original speaker, while showing video from a bible study class. (similar segments will be necessary for Choir, Church Missions, Sunday School, Community Outreach, etc.)
My question is, can the PD Ultimate Suite do this?
Thank you!

Phil
Go to: