Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
EMBED SLIDESHOW IN WEBSITE?
ppearce43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2013 23:57 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
AFTER I CREATE A SLIDESHOW, CAN I EMBED IT IN MY WEBSITE? IF SO, HOW, OR WHERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DO SO.
THANKS!

PHIL
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Here are the directions for html 5, but remember that most older browsers may not support this code. The video must be uploaded to your web site.

http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/html5_video.asp __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ppearce43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks.
The URL you gave gives HTML tags. But they don't reference the video. I'm confused. Could you walk me through, from exactly how the slideshow has to be produced in PD11, etc?
Thanks again.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
One approach might be to upload to YouTube, then link to that on your page...

http://www.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I usually use youtube, but that may not be the look you are going for. in that link I don't know why there are two src tags, but the movie.mp4 would be the path you your movie. If it is in a subdirectory it may look like videos/movie.mp4, or whatever folder your movie is in. Change 'movie' to the name of your slideshow. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ppearce43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jaime-esque,
Appreciate your help, but I still don't get it. I'm a novice, so a lot of what you are talking about I don't understand.
Thanks for your help anyway. YOU know what you're talking about, but I think I'm a little too inexperienced to benefit from your explanation.
Thanks again.
Phil
James Dotson
[Post New]
For example, the page that will play the video may be in the main directory at the top level, where the index (home) page is located. Maybe the video is in a folder named 'videos' and the movie is named 'movie.mp4. For the page to find the video, the path would be 'videos/movie.mp4'. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM